• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A couple has named their twins after the deadly pandemic they were born into as the pandemic continues to grip the globe.

Corona and Covid were reportedly born in a Raipur hospital amid a total lockdown in India on March 27.

Mum Preeti Verma, 27, told the Press Trust of India (PTI) she was "blessed" with a boy who they named Covid and a girl who they have called Corona.

Ms Verma said she and her husband chose the names to remind them of all the hardships they faced ahead of the delivery.

"Indeed the virus is dangerous and life-threatening but its outbreak made people focus on sanitation, hygiene and inculcate other good habits," she said, offering some justification for the names.

She added even the hospital staff started referring to the twins as 'Corona' and 'Covid', and they decided to just roll with it.

However the couple did say they may change their children's names in the future.

There have been 2567 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in India and 72 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins data. However health experts are bracing for the worst despite lockdown efforts to contain the disease.

More at: https://au.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-twins-born-pandemic-named-corona-covid-012245289.html

Rename if old

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Corona is going to be ridiculed in school with that name

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those kids are going to have a rough time in school with names like those so soon after a global pandemic. Parents think they're being clever and cute but they're just making their kids lives harder for no reason but a "fad".

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
In hindi "Rona" means crying.
Even if the kid doesn't get bullied for Corona she'll get bullied for the rona part

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
"Coronnials", as Bush Barbie puts it, ought to be the designation of the generation born and being currently baked during this pandemic.

Oct 27, 2017
Well at least those names don't stand out in India and if they're lucky everyone forgot about this crisis once they begin school I guess...

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Corona is Spanish is "Crown," so there is something nice there.... but clearly that is not what they were going for

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, some Covids already showing up in a shady town near my home city.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's probably better than the Swedish people who named their kid Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh, so that the kids can be mocked/bullied as the virus twins in school? Brilliant parents. Brilliant.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel so bad for those kids, not just because of the names but because giving your kids names like that doesn't make me confident those will be great parents.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Corona is a common name in Latin countries. One might argue it's tainted for a few centuries, but whatever.

Covid though šŸ˜³