• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure its a very good film and I can't wait to see it when it finally releases here end of this month, but not so sure why this is thread-worthy.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Between Parasite, Lighthouse, Nightingale, Aniara, Tigers Are Not Afraid, Monos, Birds of Passage, First Love...this year has been a treasure trove of international and indie releases

Parasite deserves all the success and praise

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
We've got a thread about Scorcese not liking the MCU, same thing.
Not at all actually.

Even though I really dislike the fact that that Scorsese discussion became such a hot topic (and that he was even asked the question in the first place), but that was a case of one of the greatest film directors of all time commenting on a recent popular movement in cinema. This is just some random director making a post about a movie that he liked a lot.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all actually.

Even though I really dislike the fact that that Scorsese discussion became such a hot topic (and that he was even asked the question in the first place), but that was a case of one of the greatest film directors of all time commenting on a recent popular movement in cinema. This is just some random director making a post about a movie that he liked a lot.
Kojima got a similar thread, so there is some precedent

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
That random director who made $1.5 billion in two movies
Still a random director, how much money he made doesn't make his personal opinion really all that interesting.

I mean, I could make a topic about what Sean Baker considers his best movie of the year on account that he made some of the best films of this decade, but it would be silly because when all is said and done he's just a random individual sharing his opinion. His (or Gunn's) opinion of what he liked is not necessarily worth more than yours or mine.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Hate that this isn't screening anywhere near me.

Between Parasite, Lighthouse, Nightingale, Aniara, Tigers Are Not Afraid, Monos, Birds of Passage, First Love...this year has been a treasure trove of international and indie releases

Parasite deserves all the success and praise

Watch Aniara, people. Favorite film this year so far.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
"It's in theatres all over the world"

lol we in UK got to wait til Feb 2020

But glad to see the universal acclaim for it.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Will need to watch it. Haven't heard of it but i'm horribly behind on just about every entertainment-medium available.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Still a random director, how much money he made doesn't make his personal opinion really all that interesting.

I mean, I could make a topic about what Sean Baker considers his best movie of the year on account that he made some of the best films of this decade, but it would be silly because when all is said and done he's just a random individual sharing his opinion. His (or Gunn's) opinion of what he liked is not necessarily worth more than yours or mine.

You realize you can choose not to click on thread titles? You are more than welcome to create a thread about what your janitor likes, the rules of the forum forbid people from complaining about it.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to see it this Sunday, looking forward to it. Haven't seen Mother yet, but the Host was great.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I would be kind of interested but it's worrying the people who like parasite are still praising the host, which was incredibly dull and forgettable.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's too early, but Parasite is in my top 10 of all time, maybe top 5