• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
He deserves it just for Mother, but even Parasite didn't blow me away, it is definitely a special movie.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Welp, a local theatre here shows it again on Tuesday night, so I'm getting my friends with whom I watched the Oscars together so that they can also see the light. One of them went "It can't be THAT good, right?"

Well, he'll see.

And I just ordered the Ultra HD Blu-ray that releases here at the end of the month. That one deserves it.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Parasite was such a fun movie. The only BP nominee that I didn't particularly enjoy was "The Irishman." That movie was too damn long for no reason.

Sly Chimera

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Was the Artist in English? I never watched it, but its a French film that won, no?
It's a silent film until the ending. I won't spoil it for you but there's multiple lines in English from various characters including the main character which reflects the entire theme of the movie.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Deserved. My favourite film of 2019 and I thought 1917 could top that but I've watched it recently and it was not as good.

So many Americans losing their shit that non-English film with subtitles won so many Oscars and the most important one. It looks like Americans think that being xenophobic is not as wrong as being racist.
I'm sure many are snapping to the usual "I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE OSCARS THEY DON'T MATTER BUT I'M MAD ABOUT THE OSCARS". For some reason many people are unable to admit they care who gets the Oscars, they keep putting up this fake buffer. If they didn't care they wouldn't think twice about clicking on Oscar related threads or news, never mind yammering about how they didn't pick the one they wanted.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure many are snapping to the usual "I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE OSCARS THEY DON'T MATTER BUT I'M MAD ABOUT THE OSCARS". For some reason many people are unable to admit they care who gets the Oscars, they keep putting up this fake buffer. If they didn't care they wouldn't think twice about clicking on Oscar related threads or news, never mind yammering about how they didn't pick the one they wanted.
This happens a wholeeee lot around here too. It's just the way it is.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to think this means we get more foreign films showing up in broader categories, but who am I kidding lol?

Regardless, super happy Parasite won this year.

It's crazy seeing Kang-Ho Song on stage at the Oscars. I love that guy.

What a career. Can't really remember a single performance from him I didn't think was good at worst. Even his fun ridiculous turns in stuff like The Good, The Bad, The Weird are so giddy and watchable, despite being so far from his usual MO.

tenor.gif

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just a psa that's the directors favorite film is a Japanese flick called Cure from 1997. Hard to find but someone uploaded it to YouTube and criterion is streaming it

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I should open that Bluray sometime soon and get around to watching it. What a butt move when they tried to cut the speech short.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to think this means we get more foreign films showing up in broader categories, but who am I kidding lol?

Regardless, super happy Parasite won this year.

What a career. Can't really remember a single performance from him I didn't think was good at worst. Even his fun ridiculous turns in stuff like The Good, The Bad, The Weird are so giddy and watchable, despite being so far from his usual MO.

tenor.gif
Kathryn Bigelow winning didn't mean more female nominees or winners, this won't either, but it's nice to know it can happen.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Loved seeing Bong up there accepting for director and screenwriter as well. His interaction with Scorcese was cool.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what happened with the lights and the speech getting cut short? I understand they let Renee ramble on but they wanted to cut Bong short?

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
So happy. Would've prefered Jojo Rabbit but both are 10/10s, and Jojo got two Oscars. So in the end, we all own.

Except animation, it was treated like garbage, and Toy Story 4 won, wtf

So what happened with the lights and the speech getting cut short? I understand they let Renee ramble on but they wanted to cut Bong short?
don't speak english? scram! Until the audience booed the awards, so they had to go back to pretending they cared.
Renee and Joaquin rambled for hours in comparison, the message of Joaquin was good but he really, really didn't need to talk for as long as he did