• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
As it should. What a phenomenal movie. I wish I could go back, and watch it again for the first time.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really need to see this film...

dont hate me for not seeing it yet

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

bunny fingers W
this is my ringtone lmao

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Wow, that's awesome. Congrats to the cast and crew of the film. Was really a great experience seeing it in theatres a little while ago. I didn't expect it to win but it definitely deserves it.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this movie last weekend with my girl, going in blind, just hearing it was good - and man was it good. Go in blind if you can.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow what a night, good for them! This movie was fantastic so I'm glad they could win this regional award lmao

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It took 92 years for a non-English language film to win the Academy Award for Best Picture. That's honestly crazy.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Deserved and great to see a foreign language film actually win but damn the bonghive is going to be insufferable tonight.

Hopefully it opens more people up to the wonders of Korean cinema especially the works of the true GOAT Park-Chan Wook

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the first time seeing it just being completely blown away and in total awe of the attention of detail in the movie. The last time I saw a movie like that that made me feel I was watching a complete masterpiece in the theater was Fury Road. It's a once in a lifetime movie and I was honestly worried that it being not from America would hurt its chances of being recognized. Massive congratulation to everyone involved.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I jumped up and down with joy when Parasite got Directing AND Best Picture.

What an awesome show, nearly every single win was well-deserved.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy. This was one of the best pictures I've ever seen and I didn't think the academy had it in them to give it the big prize because it was non-English. They proved me wrong for once.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
If you would tell me 14 years ago that the director of The Host would win a Best Director and Best Picture Oscar in the future, I would laugh you out of the building!

Now, everything is changed

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
But seriously, I haven't seen a movie succeed in every category of filming in a long time. Acting, plot, themes, cinematography, editing. Hell even the music and special effects were fantastic to see how they did it all. It's a complete package of a film and absolutely deserves Best Picture.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bummed for Tarantino because back when Once Upon a Time came out I thought this was really his year, but Parasite deserves everything it has received. It's the best movie I saw last year.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I liked 1917 more but this was definitely my second favorite film from the past year.

cjbenny

Oct 29, 2017
As an Asian American, this was just a moment of pure pride. Congrats to all involved with the film, this is an amazing and historic achievement.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm soooooooooooooo happy!

The fact that none of the actors in the film were nominated was a crime, but I feel like this will open the doors to a lot more recognition of films outside the North American sphere.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Great movie.. but I'm surprised by the hype surrounding it this year. Where are all these people when Park Chan Wook constantly releases incredible movies.. or even Bong's previous work?