• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
Breathtakingly close to a Tim Heidecker On Cinema monologue.

"Y'know I'm lookin for like - where, wha - let's just get Gone With The Wind, can we get, like, Gone With The Wind Back please?" *crowd erupts in cheers*
Found a behind the scenes storyboard for that scene.

tgttm_cc_011_pt1-05.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
I actually caught Parasite at a Marcus showing in my white bread ass town. It was practically sold out, and everyone seemed to really be into it. It was positively heartwarming to witness. I also showed up for The Farewell and was shocked I wasn't the only person there (probably about 10 or so people in a 30 capacity theater)

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
NEON out here winning. Trump, well... it's awfully funny how most of the people bitching about Parasite's win, don't seem to have actually watched the film.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
He's probably the most uncultured president ever. He doesn't read books, probably doesn't listen to music, doesn't watch tv or movies. And even if he does mention any of the above, it's a weird ass response. He's a fucking weirdo and has always been. almost human......

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
That fucker probably thinks shit like Rambo 5 and Peppermint is great cinema since it shows white folks killing Hispanic people.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine Cheeto Man's dumbass trying to watch any film with subtitles

He'd get up and turn on Fox News after about two minutes

Trump is more empty than the vacuum of space and certainly doesn't know anything about media or culture.

But he does keep an ear out for anything that his supporters might be easily angered at. He's always thinking about the grift.

mentalfloss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's finally happened.

I think I finally laughed at Trump's racism instead of being offended by it.

This shit is just too campy to take seriously anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
This clown ain't never sat through Gone with the Wind. He doesn't really give a flying fuck about Parasite either I'm sure.

He's so full of the same bullshit talking points to get claps, I doubt he's actually sat all the way through more than like 10 movies in his life. He reminds me of this dude I knew who claimed to have great music taste but also thought Pink Floyd was a person.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
/Axl Rose yelling wooooo for a minute at the start of Welcome to the Jungle

He acts like a child, treat him like a child.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Parasite is just another excuse for bigoted idiots to start defending the integrity of a historic thing (in this case the Oscars) that they never even cared about until a foreigner/POC/LGBT person didn't win. It's a fantastic movie and it sure deserved to win more than the other movies nominated.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Gone With the Wind is an interesting choice for an accused rapist.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He's the embodiment of "when I watch a movie I don't want to read".

Also he's a racist piece of fucking shit of course.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

I'm not surprised trump is mad about a foreign film winning the best picture, but still.. how fucking petty lol. Gotta suck up to your voters I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't understand his frustrated white male hurt-ego rage.

Imagine seeing the title, thinking the movie is about you, watching it and realizing that it is not actually about you. Truly devastating.

Oct 27, 2017
Is this going make people go see Parasite more and increases it's box office records ? I think so. Thanks Trump. You all should go see it if you haven't. It is one of the best if not the best movie of the last decade.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Out of all the great movies he had to mention Gone With The Wind as well which is such a problematic movie..

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I was just watching The Boondocks and in the episode Uncle Ruckus (literally the biggest racist in the show) says to a doctor his favorite movie is Gone with the Wind.

Shit hit extra hard bc of this lol

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Why is he talking about the Oscars?

I doubt he watched Parasite, or Gone With The Wind

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
On multiple occasions he's cited Citizen Kane as his favourite movie. He's really only capable of referencing stereotypical "classic" movies in a vain attempt to prove he has good taste.

Though in this case it doubles as not only proof he's a poseur cinephile but also an unknowing signalling of his racism.
Supposedly his favourite book is The Bible. When asked to state his favourite verse he couldn't say.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Literally sounds like a bad stand up comedian. How do ppl attend these things and think "yup that's the guy I want leading the Free world."
He speaks directly to the simple minded folks. And in exactly the kind of language they speak themselves and also want to hear. They just absorb everything he drizzles out like a sponge.