• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Given how badly Peacock is doing why would they 'cash out', what are they going to replace it with it is such a massive hit?
It's so weird that deal even happened, granted that and the South Park were done months before Paramount+ was getting set up and the remerger.

Granted they are doing better without them compared to Peacock foolishly giving away Ted Lasso

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm running the sportsline scam, I don't get free showtime right? This news likely changes nothing on my end?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I purchased the Showtime $30 add-on within Paramount+.

So does this mean this Summer:
- I no longer pay extra
- The streams are now directly in the Paramount+ app?

If so, honestly makes too much sense. I even cancelled Showtime a year ago saying they should do this. There's like 3 good main shows on Showtime and a splattering of random movies and old shows. It's just not enough to warrant a single stream, needs to be merged in P+.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I purchased the Showtime $30 add-on within Paramount+.

So does this mean this Summer:
- I no longer pay extra
- The streams are now directly in the Paramount+ app?

If so, honestly makes too much sense. I even cancelled Showtime a year ago saying they should do this. There's like 3 good main shows on Showtime and a splattering of random movies and old shows. It's just not enough to warrant a single stream, needs to be merged in P+.

you still pay extra for Showtime as an add-on but the streams will now be directly in the app

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
you still pay extra for Showtime as an add-on but the streams will now be directly in the app

Ah, okay. $2.50 is pushing it. Honestly they should merge it all and raise the price a dollar or something, but whatever. It provides a few hours of entertainment per month, it's pretty cheap.

And that Showtime app is awful. It blends in recently watched and your list as one list, and has an absurd amount of items queued up, confusing.

Big Tex

Oct 28, 2017
Did any else notice subtitles suddenly missing in the app through Apple TV? I see no way to enable them. This just happened.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Anyone else have an LG C9 and using the app? I can't get it to load any videos on the App. I've even unloaded and reloaded the app. My TV is a hardline internet connection.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So they added Yo MTV Raps and some of the episodes have music videos, it's weird.

Also tomorrow is the Upfront for Paramount so expect news.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Standby everyone. There is a URL for Sonic 2, but it's getting 404 errors. Paramount+ might be doing some behind the scenes things.

The second it's confirmed live, an official thread will be posted. I'll put the link here also.

Edit: Actually it's the below, but again, just wait a minute. It's not live yet. There's still a 404 error.

www.paramountplus.com

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Watch Full Movie on Paramount Plus

The world's favorite blue hedgehog is back for a next-level adventure in SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2. After settling in Green Hills, Sonic is eager to prove he has

Edit 2: IT'S LIVE. GO GO GO.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Standby everyone. There is a URL for Sonic 2, but it's getting 404 errors. Paramount+ might be doing some behind the scenes things.

The second it's confirmed live, an official thread will be posted. I'll put the link here also.

Edit: Actually it's the below, but again, just wait a minute. It's not live yet. There's still a 404 error.

www.paramountplus.com

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Watch Full Movie on Paramount Plus

The world's favorite blue hedgehog is back for a next-level adventure in SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2. After settling in Green Hills, Sonic is eager to prove he has

Edit 2: IT'S LIVE. GO GO GO.

nice!

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Paramount is becoming a service that's hard to cancel lol. New movies + my kids watch a lot of Paw Patrol, Blaze etc.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I asked this in the Sonic 2 thread, but is anyone else watching through the Xbox app? It looks like complete shit to me, I'm talking 480p quality, not even HD. Anyone else experience this or am I going crazy?

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Paramount wins out because they have been extremely competent it utilising their franchises. Getting Trek out all year round is an insane achievement and then you bring in all their other stuff they are probably better placed than most.

The poor Marvel and Star Wars outings (other than Mando) is seriously making me consider Disney and Netflix is on the chopping block too. I guess Obi Wan and Stranger Things are the last chance for both those services to retain me or Paramount Plus is becoming my new "forever" streaming service.

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I asked this in the Sonic 2 thread, but is anyone else watching through the Xbox app? It looks like complete shit to me, I'm talking 480p quality, not even HD. Anyone else experience this or am I going crazy?

Yeah, the Xbox app is incredibly herky-jerky for me for all Paramount+ offerings. I have to switch over to my Apple TV for a smooth feed.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
How is there still no app on PS5 for Paramount+? This is trash. I'm going to cancel if they don't add it soon.

I signed up for the Paramount+ / Showtime combo and the showtime app is fine on PS5 but I can't watch Paramount+. I understand if I had bought Paramount+ through the apple tv app then I can watch it through that, but is there any other way? I'm not sure if the combo is available in the apple tv app if I have to sign up again.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
So uhhh. Did the Showtime integration get internally delayed? Or are they pulling a Nintendo with "summer lasts until the end of September?"

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Alright well, Paramount+'s Twitter hasn't commented on Top Gun Maverick, and the movie twitter accidentally is just promoting the PVOD.

So I'm guessing at this point it's PVOD exclusive for now. Hopefully we get lucky and it comes next month.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Paramount+ and Showtime are combining into a single streaming app.

The bundle rollout follows an initial move last year to unify the billing of the two, with significant discounts, as Paramount Global was looking to give an extra boost to Paramount+. Formerly known as CBS All Access, the streaming service rebranded in 2021.

New subscribers will be able to sign up for Paramount+ With Showtime for $7.99 a month for the basic, ad-supported service and $12.99 for the ad-free version. Current subscribers can upgrade to the bundle within their app. After the introductory discount ends on October 2, the bundle will cost $11.99 with ads or $14.99 without them. Subscribers interested in having only Showtime, without Paramount+, will still be able to get it for $10.99 a month as a stand-alone offering as well as through third-party distributors.

deadline.com

Paramount+ Combines With Showtime In Single Streaming App, Though Each Also Continue On Stand-Alone Basis

Paramount+ and Showtime are combining into a single streaming app, with discounted rates starting at $7.99 a month.

ContractHolder turns out I was right and it randomly appeared in the app today 🤣

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Subbed to both P+ and Showtime on a bundle thru Appletv for 9.99. Im assuming not much will change(still no ads) with that since it says it would be 20.98 w/o that bundle plus being subbed to appltv.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Bad news bears. I thought we hit the pay 1 window for Everything Everywhere All At Once (which would come to Showtime). However, the September 2022 list came out, and sadly it's not there.

We'll have to see if it's coming in October.