• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
How in the world do you launch a streaming service without a watch list?
because they launched it in 2014 or so... the better question is how you didn't add it in the last 7 years especially with a rebrand :P

I got 18mos of this for $10 and I don't even think it's worth that much. Other than Trek there's so little on it worth watching.

price is right and lets make a deal is still great background noise while doing other things :P

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The Real World reunion is surprisingly really good? I actually forgot about Kevin being racial woke back then. It's actually really cool to go back to see how influential this show was. And posts like this is really touching, but sadly not much as changed in 30 years.

Last edited:

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
Lots of 90s Nickelodeon love on there.

Are you Afraid of the Dark
Hey Arnold
Rugrats
Catdog
Kenan & Kel
Rocket Power
Angry Beavers
Spongebob
Aahh! Real Monsters
Doug
Wild Thornberrys
Rockos Modern Life
As told by Ginger
Jimmy Neutron

A lot of these were spread/divided among other apps, but it's nice seeing them all under one app.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
does this have big brother seasons uncensored? also is there a link to a list of shows and movies?

I don't think there's uncensored BB (though it's not like I binged all of the past seasons or anything, I just assume it's the broadcast versions). However this is the sanctioned way to get the Live Feeds when Big Brother is actually airing.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I checked out a few minutes of that new SpongeBob movie and it's only outputting in 1080p Dolby Vision...CBS-AA/Paramount+ loves 1080p DV, all their Star Trek Originals are also only in 1080p DV...is it that hard to do 4K DV?

EDIT: looks like only the labeling is wrong...it outputs at 4K Dolby Vision but the label only shows Dolby Vision (using Apple TV 4K Paramount+ app)

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's weird, that new Spongebob movie almost seems like an advertisement for that Kamp Koral show, but the show differs slightly in how it portrays the characters so it's not a direct connection. It's like they got the cameos they wanted in in the dream sequence then went out to sell the flashback show. I'm not sure who greenlit that but if I actually paid for that in the theaters I'd be a little upset.

Feb 26, 2021
I know that being first grants you a lot of advantages, specially in the software game. You can get features added slowly and when you do its a good thing. Newcomers are at a disadvantage as, they are expected to be as feature rich right out the gate. That is to say, i don't expect the app to be as good as Netflix Or Hulu. They've been long in the game and have had time to implement plenty of QoL features and ideas.

Still i cant get over how annoying this app can be at times or at least the Tizen Version(Samsung TV). Ads at the end of each episode freeze a few seconds in and you have to go back to the list of episodes to watch the next one. The list starts at episode one so you have to find the next episode by hand. The episode list goes both up and down so you can just as easily go backwards and have to sort by later episodes first.

Also Criminal Minds isnt on the service but has a page, if you you can even click start paying and then nothing happens. We thought the app was just broken, until we googled. The app only streams the current season while its on air and then they can no longer host it, which is great as the show just aired its last season. So you're stuck going to Netflix to watch their show... Then have a 4 season gap where you cant watch the show on either service. It was really annoying as the show was the main reason to get the app in the first place. Really my fault for not looking it up prior, for now we just watch NCIS.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I still don't understand what Paramount/Viacom have against the early 90's Nick/Snick shows- especially the live action stuff. That would be a hell of a selling point.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else that signed up for the $10 18 month CBS All Access no longer have access to Paramount+?

I can sign in with my login info, but it tells me I need to subscribe.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
How is the Console Wars doc?

I did not enjoy it. The present Nintendo as some kind of evil monopolistic villain and completely miss some of the more important parts of the 16-bit war like SNES starting to turning the tides with exclusive Street Fighter 2 and completely underselling the impact Donkey Kong Country had. This documentary makes you think Sega won the war in a blowout. The worst part was there was a whole section of the documentary dedicated to making fun of the way that one of the Sega executives looks.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I did not enjoy it. The present Nintendo as some kind of evil monopolistic villain and completely miss some of the more important parts of the 16-bit war like SNES starting to turning the tides with exclusive Street Fighter 2 and completely underselling the impact Donkey Kong Country had. This documentary makes you think Sega won the war in a blowout. The worst part was there was a whole section of the documentary dedicated to making fun of the way that one of the Sega executives looks.
So racist ass shit? Aren't they also having a series on the thing too?

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Signed up for the free trial today to see what's up and the content here seems pretty dire, huh? Like, there's stuff...but exciting stuff? Ehhhhhh

Like they got Pootie Tang and She's Out Of My League so there's quality content but to sustain a long term commitment? Ehhhhhhhhhbhhhhhhhhh

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, forgot my password and Sportsline is giving me a hard time resetting it.

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
On Sportsline it now says that you can only get a one month trial of Paramount+

I relinked it, hopefully the deal we got is still valid and it doesn't start charging me in a month.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
maybe it's relinking this shit daily ....

Someone fucked up with this deal, and now someone else is going to welch on it or just make it as annoying as possible for users.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I was looking to see how many seasons of CSI was on here. S1,S2 and S15. lol

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
maybe it's relinking this shit daily ....

Someone fucked up with this deal, and now someone else is going to welch on it or just make it as annoying as possible for users.
lol this is so weird. If I didn't have this thread, I'd be assed out. What's wild is it was working just fine, even updated the app perfectly w/o me asking it to on my Roku.

edit: I had to relink already. This is nuts. I hope this isn't the norm.

Last edited:

MaxEverblack

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Iowa
Even when I relink the account this morning, it doesn't even continue past the sign up screen. Tried on mobile, desktop, and Roku.