• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Someone tell me to focus and keep going on bloodlines. Loved what I played but put it down.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Era doesn't usually make topics on ARGs, but I thought it might be fun to draw some attention to this one.

Essentially they want you to join this "dating soul app": https://tenderbeta.com/

You make an account, answer some weird questions, then get "tasks" to complete to level up. Apparently something is happening on the 21st with this, but they're being coy.

They have been releasing some screenshots which definitely show this is related to some game though:

D131kaeXQAInD3S.jpg
D131xErXQAIQbQM.jpg
D131xFFX4AAK_sl.jpg
D132fNBXcAAv7No.jpg

The site itself gives you a random username selection from what you answer, and then you browse the site under the name they give you.

Also as I'm playing around with the site right now, even when it says "all tasks completed" and you get to Level 2, continue exploring the site. There's more to do even once they say you're done.

To give a few examples of what the site asks of you:

f8b12884b0a880b3b036bae0e86c3941.png
af5bb217b373f7f2d091aa84ff9d7490.png

I've seen some here express before they wish they knew about ARGs before they take off, well here's your chance. On-top of this, at least so far it doesn't seem like you need to know too much cryptic stuff to make progress in this one.

The ARG is almost definitely for a new Vampire: The Masquerade game as there's stuff on the ARG that directly references stuff about Vampire: The Masquerade universe.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The "Tender" app literally displays blood type on the profiles.

LET ME IN, PARADOX
IT'S BEEN 15 YEARS
LET ME INNNNNNN

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
It's for Vampire the Masquerade.
Yeah, I thought about adding that, but I wanted to have people have some fun with it. I'll add it to the title as some may be interested in it due to the fact this almost definitely an ARG for a new Vampire: The Masquerade game.

That said, even knowing what it's likely about, there's a lot to dig into here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Yeah, I thought about adding that, but I wanted to have people have some fun with it. I'll add it to the title as some may be interested in it due to the fact this almost definitely an ARG for a new Vampire: The Masquerade game.

That said, even knowing what it's likely about, there's a lot to dig into here.
It's the worst kept secret ever, lol. People suspected it just from the app being called 'Tender'.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my goodness. This is going to be something magical - Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines is one of the greatest games of all time. Consider me hyped beyond belief!

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'll merge the threads, I did a search but didn't find anything. Thanks for noting.

UPDATE: Combined a few threads related to make this more collected and updated the thread title to clarify what this/make it show up on more search results, and to mention the upcoming update.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been going deeper into the site and chatting with the bot. I triggered some flag, but does anyone know what answer it's looking for here?:

ME: What do you think of masquerades?

IT: i like tender.

ME: Is Tender a masquerade?

IT: ⭐This is exactly what I wanted to talk about!⭐
Tender's my life's work. Well, mine and Jobe's. We worked together on it for a long time.
The idea was to use PEGML: my theory of Procedural Emotion Generation via Machine Learning.
We thought this would help improve the experience of connecting with people.
I still think it's a good idea, but everything changed last year in September.
A certain someone took over my company with Jobe's help. They stole it. They got the copyright to the PEGML technology.
Do you happen to know who is behind this?

And it wants me to give it an answer but I'm having ab rain fart of who this would be, anyone here know?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Hyped about a new Vampire game. Hesitant to be too hyped because we know nothing about this one. Is it a remake, a sequel or a spin-off? Is it just Vampire or is it World of Darkness? Who's developing it?

Also, if this is a fully 3D first/third-person RPG ala Bloodlines, it will likely be the most expensive game Paradox has ever funded. They've almost exclusively funded strategy games and isometric CRPGs.

Sadly, this greatly increases the chances of it being an EGS exclusive. Paradox will want to mitigate the risks as much as possible and taking a generous bribe from EGS is an easy way to do that.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped about a new Vampire game. Hesitant to be too hyped because we know nothing about this one. Is it a remake, a sequel or a spin-off? Is it just Vampire or is it World of Darkness? Who's developing it?

Also, if this is a fully 3D first/third-person RPG ala Bloodlines, it will likely be the most expensive game Paradox has ever funded. They've almost exclusively funded strategy games and isometric CRPGs.

Sadly, this greatly increases the chances of it being an EGS exclusive. Paradox will want to mitigate the risks as much as possible and taking a generous bribe from EGS is an easy way to do that.
Going to be 3D for sure. they have released a bunch of location shots that are clearly in game and are too modern graphics wise to be from the original bloodlines

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't tend to get hyped for stuff... But I am so hyped for this. If it is not an RPG I think I will be crushed.

Last edited:

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands

Developer is almost certainly Hardsuit Labs, with whom Chris Avellone worked 'tenderly' for 2.5 years until last summer, according to his LinkedIn. Hardsuit previously developed Blacklight: Retribution (multiplayer FPS).

Grimwood

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Never been so hyped for some teasing. Still, this could either be the most dissappointment or the greatest gaming news since years. Still heartbroken about the WoD (by CCP) cancellation. If we finally get a new vampire game (there are literally 3 vampire games in the history of games, worth mentioning)... Ahhh.
So hope it won't just be a remake and/or some 1st person game.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i'm pretty convinced now it's going to be a vtmb remake or reimagining with additional quests and things like that. i don't think hardsuit labs is big or experienced enough to make a sequel that completly stands on its own, so this might be the best way to test the waters for more games and honestly it would be a pretty cool thing that they are doing. if they are "just" remaking vtmb the chances are high it's going to be great because the original is such a classic. i hope they won't sanitize it or change it too much. jeanette for example is a character that many people in 2019 would raise an eyebrow about her design.

also can you imagine deus ex getting a remake like this one day? i would cry tears of joy.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
i hope they won't sanitize it or change it too much. jeanette for example is a character that many people in 2019 would raise an eyebrow about her design.

I hope not - I like that many of the characters in that game were sexy, both female and male characters.. and the contrast of their looks and their interesting and deep characters and game never went for a ultra realistic look, it was all very stylized
But if they are making a remaster or remake of Bloodlines, then why is there Pacific Tower in one of the screens/concept arts?

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
But if they are making a remaster or remake of Bloodlines, then why is there Pacific Tower in one of the screens/concept arts?

my guess is that you are also going to seattle during the game as a part of some new quests or something. it might even be a completly new second hub world which would be insane.

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
I much prefer that Hardsuit Labs makes a remake, considering their previous experience. A new, huge Vampire RPG seems like quite a undertaking.
Really like the look of those teasers.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
So from what I'm reading and the way this lore is all set up, along with my own chatting to the bot...

BetrayedMind1 / Manchuria is a woman, and expert on artificial intelligence. Her and her friend "Jobe" built TENDER, a dating program using utilising Manchuria's PEGML algorithm. PEGML analyses your behaviour and attempts to connect with the user on an emotional level, forming a detailed profile of the individual, and assisting them with finding partners that they can connect with on a deeper level.

Their program and work was acquired by Malcolm Chandler, a venture capitalist. Shortly afterwards BetrayedMind1 was outed from the company, betrayed by Jobe, who became obsessed with and fixated on Malcolm, and assisted the latter in isolating and removing BetrayedMind1.

Further digging into the software nuances shows TENDER tracks individuals via a TENDER Bracelet, and profiles their blood type, "freshness", and the last time they were "tapped". Leaked documents profiling people also reference PROJECT CHIMERA, wherein individuals go through a number of trials including exposure to chemicals, ASMR, stress, etc.

BetrayedMind1 since lives off the grid, moving around and utilising disposable hardware to unravel TENDER. She contributes to https://www.trustnomore.com/, a conspiracy theorist website aimed at unravelling various conspiracies.

I think, taking Vampire lore, it's obvious that Malcolm is a vampire and Jobe became his ghoul.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So from what I'm reading and the way this lore is all set up, along with my own chatting to the bot...

BetrayedMind1 / Manchuria is a woman, and expert on artificial intelligence. Her and her friend "Jobe" built TENDER, a dating program using utilising Manchuria's PEGML algorithm. PEGML analyses your behaviour and attempts to connect with the user on an emotional level, forming a detailed profile of the individual, and assisting them with finding partners that they can connect with on a deeper level.

Their program and work was acquired by Malcolm Chandler, a venture capitalist. Shortly afterwards BetrayedMind1 was outed from the company, betrayed by Jobe, who became obsessed with and fixated on Malcolm, and assisted the latter in isolating and removing BetrayedMind1.

Further digging into the software nuances shows TENDER tracks individuals via a TENDER Bracelet, and profiles their blood type, "freshness", and the last time they were "tapped". Leaked documents profiling people also reference PROJECT CHIMERA, wherein individuals go through a number of trials including exposure to chemicals, ASMR, stress, etc.

BetrayedMind1 since lives off the grid, moving around and utilising disposable hardware to unravel TENDER. She contributes to https://www.trustnomore.com/, a conspiracy theorist website aimed at unravelling various conspiracies.

I think, taking Vampire lore, it's obvious that Malcolm is a vampire and Jobe became his ghoul.

That is dope as fuck. I honestly would cry if we see a game somewhat on the level of Bloodlines but set in the "App Centric World" of today. Tender is such a fucking Camarilla thing to do.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I have been actually replaying the original with the fan patch 10.3

I'll be a bit sad if it's a remake. The original is still good as is. I need some new stuff now.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
From the screenshots released, I think a remake makes more sense. It's also a good way to introduce more people to the franchise, making an eventual sequel more financially viable.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if I sound cynical but these seem like stretches. In my experience these teases always end up far less exciting than what people hope for. But of course Id love another VtM game

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm honesty hoping for a remake. Put it out on consoles too. Seeing as how the original is a decades old PC-only game that most people think requires a fan patch in order to play properly... that's a barrier to entry that a lot of people just aren't willing to hop over.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remake. The game is great but very dated in the combat department, not to mention the game gets pretty racist in one of the quest lines.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah looking at the screenshots, I think that's a remake. A damn good looking one though, and if any game could use a remake, it's definitely this one.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honesty hoping for a remake. Put it out on consoles too. Seeing as how the original is a decades old PC-only game that most people think requires a fan patch in order to play properly... that's a barrier to entry that a lot of people just aren't willing to hop over.
People don't just think that, it requires one to actually run on modern PCs (at least last time I checked) and to fix issues with stuff like a blurry UI.