• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

The surreal Paradise Island is home to the Syndicate; immortal worshippers of dead alien gods. The player assumes the role of Lady Love Dies, an exiled investigator brought back to solve the mass murder of the Syndicate's Council. Using Starlight, her investigation assistant computer, Lady Love Dies will scour Paradise Island for clues in her quest for justice. Will she find a single culprit or unravel a conspiracy centuries in the making?

Such a great trailer. I'm definitely going to check it out since the style is so good. For fans of Suda51, this game is very inspired by his games!

www.nintendo.com

Paradise Killer for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Paradise Killer and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

It also has a demo available on Steam!

EgRnMWfWsAE8C90

They will be on Gamescom too with a digital booth

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Play this game people. The demo they released a few months ago is so good.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Played the demo a while ago and the whole demo is an absolute trip haha.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I meant to play the demo for a while but I didn't realize it was out so soon so I'll just wait. Those are some great character names in the trailer.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
i dropped the demo after about 10 minutes because i liked it too much to play a chunk separate from the full game

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I heard about this on waypoint radio a while back and it sounded dope as fuck?

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Well that trailer instantly got my interested, definitely checking out the demo after work day after seeing all the praise!

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
OP, you have no idea how much I'm thankful to you for putting this on my radar. This shit looks fucking amazing.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Saw this a few months ago posted here, very intrigued about this game.

Also, sweet jazz fusion.

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
Coming off of Disco Elysium I am all for another mystery game. But good lord does the aesthetics turn me off. It seems to be some sort of fusion between Hotline Miami and Va11 Hall-A. Both games I like seperately, not together. Also seems hyper sexualized (?).

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This year's VA-11 HALL-A. Been excited for this one for a long time - off to preorder.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Weird. Just weird. A mishmash of styles and gameplay, I just don't know what to think.
The description "first person open world murder mystery" has me more intrigued than the actual trailer.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I think I heard about this on waypoint radio a while back and it sounded dope as fuck?
It does. The demo is a lot of fun. It's very inspired by Flower, Sun, and Rain by Suda51. I believe FSR is one of Austin Walker's favorite game and one of the reasons he went back to write about video games.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
fuck why did someone else make a game that looks so good it's now on my list? i have too many games people! stop making such good trailers!

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
so, this trailer is really an example of something that's considered 'baller'? okay, then, i've been educated...

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Aesthetic. I'll pick this one up, definitely speaks to me.

I'm getting vaporwave aesthetic vibes but not quite.

I need to play Flower, Sun, and Rain.

Yes, you do, most certainly. Suda said a couple of years back there would be a remake, or that he was hoping to do one, but that hasn't come to fruition as of yet. Hopefully after NMH3? Or if The Silver Case is anything to go by, may be a while yet.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Looks good visually, but that trailer did nothing for me, and I don't particularly like visual novels. Only played 999 and although it was great, I couldn't even get through the beginning of Virtues Last Reward. I guess one was enough for me.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Can you disable the voice acting? It looks great besides that.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
It looks great visually, and I like the feel of the world, if that makes sense, but reading around I really can't vibe with the presented idea that you'll never know if you actually 'solved' the mystery. There's a true answer, but it's more down to if you can make a convincing case for the answer you *believe* to be true, and there are numerous reasonable ways to interpret the evidence.

Taken from Steam forums from the devs:

Hi there! There is a truth and a solution that actually happened. The solution doesn't change or get randomised.

If you collect all of the evidence you will still have to decide who you think did it, there isn't a clear answer. The game never asks you to find the True Ending, just for you to assemble the evidence and present your interpretation. You cannot fail and have to retry like other detective games, you just might not get the conviction that you want.

Hope that helps!

Or from this Kotaku interview:

"What we wanted to do was primarily an investigation game, but one where you are investigating a murder, finding answers at your own pace, and finding the truth that you want. You find all these bits of evidence, and you can assemble them into different truths, different versions of the truth."

"We don't tell players or expect players to know objectively what the truth is, we want to just give you a bunch of stimuli, a bunch of pieces of evidence for you to piece together, and for you to decide what you think the truth is. After that, the game doesn't judge you for whether you were right or wrong. We know as the creators what the absolute truth is, but we don't care if the player knows that."

and while I think it's an interesting concept, it actually makes me less inclined to buy in without knowing how this makes other players feel.

Like, I just, I want to know what the truth is, y'know? I want to know if I correctly solved the case.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very cool! I really hope there's full subtitles so I can turn off the voice acting though.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I was in but I don't think I can handle the main character's voice, it does not sound good.

Also, there isn't a real ending for this murder mystery game? I'm not sure I want to play a mystery game without a true ending, the concept is good enough if you can convince the others of your truth but like... there would be a real anwser.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's not often a trailer goes so far to sell me on a game, but damned if this didn't almost sell me on this game.

pittman

Aug 15, 2019
Thanks for the tip, just wishlisted! Love murder mysteries and this looks right up my ally!