• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Just ate one.

It's incredibly unpleasant (feels like your mouth is being stuck by hundreds of bees), but it's tolerable if you can handle spicy food. I never felt like I was going to throw up or anything.

OP
OP
Anustart

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Well, for some reason Youtube will not let me publish the second of 3 videos because it thinks it's the same as the first video because the initial frame is very close to the 1st.

Why the recorder did 3 videos? I'll never know. But here's the squad.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I missed out on them being on sale, I love the ghost pepper but they are uncommon around here. They're doing a promotion where they print a code inside bags and you enter it on their website to see if you win one. I happened upon a few bags of the Haunted Ghost Pepper bags in a grocery store a few weeks ago and got all 3, just opened my last one and entered the code and this one was a winner!

...that being said I'm terrified lol, I find 3 or 4 of the ghost pepper ones in quick succession to be almost overwhelming. But since I got it, I have to try it. Says it will arrive in 2-3 weeks, hopefully it's quicker than that.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
I ate half a bag of the ghost pepper paqui chips and while they were extremely hot i was fine. The next day however not so much. Never had such hot shits before.

OP
OP
Anustart

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
What a coincidence!

I was recently in Minneapolis and found some in a gas station of all places. You know I grabbed some lol.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Did the 2020 one yesterday... *Language Warning*

That was pretty hilarious. You were pacing in your chair if that's possible. Liked the sprint for the sorbet too.

Never heard of this before this thread. Wanna try it now. Do you find as you get older you can't handle hots as well as you used to? I'm 38 and I feel like I don't have the tolerance like I did earlier in life. More fire poops and upset stomaches. I think my insides are fine but who knows.

Update: just went online and ordered 4 for me and some friends if they are willing. Last year they sold out apparently but they are in stock now if anyone is interested

Last edited:

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
That was pretty hilarious. You were pacing in your chair if that's possible. Liked the sprint for the sorbet too.

Never heard of this before this thread. Wanna try it now. Do you find as you get older you can't handle hots as well as you used to? I'm 38 and I feel like I don't have the tolerance like I did earlier in life. More fire poops and upset stomaches. I think my insides are fine but who knows.

Update: just went online and ordered 4 for me and some friends if they are willing. Last year they sold out apparently but they are in stock now if anyone is interested
My tolerance is higher than ever. I've had hotter but this is engineered to linger.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Thread just reminded me I tried to buy em before. Friend was talking about it the other day too so checked it out and was lucky enough to buy 2. Can't wait to destroy my mouth then ass lol.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just want to reitterate that I would not recommend. My appendix almost exploded a week after I ate one.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I got three of these to share with friends later, should be good. I survived wings made with The End sauce so hopefully I'll be fine lmao

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
I ate one on a conference call at work. Hot but not that bad. The ghost pepper ones have better flavor.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
i ate the 2020 chip earlier. wasn't that bad! pretty hot for like 7 mins and then nothing
49549.jpg

Anyone here try the 2019 chip to compare? I had two of those; round one was an exceptionally bad experience and round two I was one of two people (out of ten) that handled it perfectly fine. Eager and terrified all at once for this next chip. Lol

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
If I took two bites then swallowed sure. But I chewed it like real food and that thing was hot. I've had hotter but this was really hot and lingered forever.
i put the whole chip in my mouth and chewed on it for a solid minute lol. i have a high tolerance for things like this. i use a lot of very hot sauces daily on food

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have 2 chips but I'm waiting on friend(s) that are willing to do it with me.

I love spicy foods and have a high tolerance so when I did this by myself and recorded it last year I never posted it since it wasn't entertaining. Make no mistake, its probably the spiciest thing I've ever eaten, but it was just me pacing around the kitchen saying "this is real hot" and drinking milk lol

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
One of my friends did this then drank a shit ton of milk and vomited

Not sure why any reasonable person would do this to themselves

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
For people who have done this years version... Where exactly does the pain target? I eat super hots or use some of the stronger sauces available with almost every meal I eat. The top of my tongue, lips, roof of my mouth and the back of my throat can take a serious beating. If a pepper specifically targets the sides of my tongue I can't handle the pain though. It's the only pain that makes me go for relief. If I have to worry about that I might skip this challenge.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
My wife found these on clearance.

Fire Lime, Haunted Ghost Pepper chips.
And 2 of the one chip challenge chips.
Each about $1.

Fire Lime was not hot, my 3 year old wants more. The Haunted were quite hot. Haven't tried the challenge yet. And no, the 3 year old isn't trying anymore.