• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How are feeling about TOK?

• I need this game NOW. Day 1.

• The game looks great, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

• I am mostly worried and not impressed. Will wait for reviews.

• This is not what I wanted. I'm not getting this game.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn... Looks cool! I'm more than ready for Paper Mario comeback and with most of Nintendos output being at their top lately, this shouldn't be another misstep, hopefully.

Also, this really feels like it would have been part of a cancelled Direct

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Please don't fuck this up, that combat system with the big ring looked interesting but I'm still concerned

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
July? Damn that's soon. Did not expect that, suppose I'm too used to games being revealed about 18 months before they release these days.

Very interested!

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Upon watching the trailer, I'm a bit disappointed. Doesn't look like the return to form insiders were hinting at.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Well that's outta nowhere lol. Nintendo must be real confident this is gonna be real good and based on the trailer, I kinda wanna agree with em. That looks damn fun!

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea whether to get hyped or not based on that trailer but I'm leaning towards no.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Too early to tell. Introducing bomb-omb the normal ass looking bomb-omb was a bit of a warning sign but there is something hiding behind mario later that looks like a unique character.
It's not too early to call at least. It has the same motif as Sticker Star and Color Splash which is the theme of "Something that you can do on paper". So we had stickers, painting and now we have Origami, and it also looks like it has an overworld hub like those games, in the form of that boat minigame.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this one of the rumours along with the 3D Mario collection? Hope that gets announced soon too

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Amazing how people have said it looks like 3 very different Paper Mario games in terms of gameplay haha

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
How does Nintendo do it? Their games are always so full of charm and unique gameplay ideas. another 10million + seller right here. I just want to buy it for the art style alone.

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019
The humour looks good. I can't stop laughing at the completely folded up Bowser

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god it looks like a legit RPG! I hope my mind isn't just playing tricks on me because I want this.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
The environments and humor make it look more like a traditional TTYD-esque PM, but yeah, I'm not seeing a whole lot of evidence otherwise to show this being a 'return' to form.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Pentalogy. Lest we forget Super Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
That is a Mario & Luigi game more than a Paper Mario game I would say. It was led by, and written by the Alpha Dream team.
The environments and humor make it look more like a traditional TTYD-esque PM, but yeah, I'm not seeing a whole lot of evidence otherwise to show this being a 'return' to form.
Let's just be honest, it's not.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
NEW ABILITIES… AND NEW BATTLES!
Use the 1,000-Fold Arms ability to extend your arms to interact with the environment and solve puzzles. In battle, line up scattered enemies and plan your attack to maximize damage with the new, ring-based battle system that requires both puzzle-solving skills and a quick wit.

Sounds like a new battle system altogether. As long as it's not the whole one-use card systems from previous games I'm down to clown.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
"Paper Mario: The Origami King also introduces a new ring-based battle system that lets you flex your puzzle-solving skills to line up scattered enemies and maximize damage. While the enemies may be crafted from paper, these dynamic, turn-based battles are far from stationary. It'll require a sharp mind to make short work of these crafty enemies. "

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Never gotten into this or the Mario RPG games but the timing is right that I'm eager to give it a shot. Looks charming as hell.