• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How are feeling about TOK?

• I need this game NOW. Day 1.

• The game looks great, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

• I am mostly worried and not impressed. Will wait for reviews.

• This is not what I wanted. I'm not getting this game.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell?? Out of nowhere?

It looks great, like going back to the roots of Paper Mario

And there's a hint about Metroid something in the end, right? RIGHT???

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just need official news on the remasters of the 3D Mario games now

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great! I also saw what looks like a traditional Paper Mario attack so I'm extra hype for that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Paper Mario: The Origami King also introduces a new ring-based battle system that lets you flex your puzzle-solving skills to line up scattered enemies and maximize damage. While the enemies may be crafted from paper, these dynamic, turn-based battles are far from stationary. It'll require a sharp mind to make short work of these crafty enemies.

gonintendo.com

PR - Paper Mario: The Origami King Unfolds for Nintendo Switch on July 17

Paper Mario: The Origami King Delivers a Comedy-Filled Journey Packed With Puzzles, Strategic Ring-Based Battles, Quirky Characters and Stunning Visuals

learning

Jan 4, 2019
Can't tell if turn based Paper Mario gameplay or not.

Looks really creative but I'm not buying unless we get solid RPG gameplay.

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they are leaning into the paper once again. I much prefer when it was an artsyle and wasn't part of the plot or gameplay.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Ohhhhh that looks good. Gotta finish up a couple rpgs before this hits.

Last edited:

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The game looks really pretty, and it looks like partners and turn based combat are in. Still looks like we have generic character designs and I'm not a fan of the paper aspect still being the series focus, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they dropped the bad colour splash combat, so this might actually be solid. Color splash was fun outside of battles, but battles were such a large part of the game. :I

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Think it looks generally worse with the bigger focus on 3D locales and characters. Worried they didn't show any real combat, though seeing it in a trailer wouldn't have really convinced me that aspect would be fine anyway, since the real rotten part the last few games has been the progression.

Overall cautious with super low expectations so I'm not disappointed again.

EDIT: The circle thing that looks like a dungeon gimmick is the combat system?

:/

Last edited: