• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
www.prweb.com

"To the world of Panzer Dragoon in VR" Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record

/PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record is a VR dramatic shooter. It relive each of the various episodes that appeared in the three works of Sega...

Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record is a VR dramatic shooter. It relive each of the various episodes that appeared in the three works of Sega Saturn software "Panzer Dragoon", "Panzer Dragoon Zwei" and "Panzer Dragoon Saga".

This work is a completely new work to play the episodes of the series trilogy by a new graphics that the first person view optimized for VR headsets and a new input method that likens the VR controller to the handgun of the dragon rider. The recording episodes and the support platform to be announced later.

For the latest information, please check official Twitter account @PanzerDragoonVR

[ Specification ]
Product Name : Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record (tentative title)
Release Date : 2020 Japanese Fiscal Year (Until March 2021)
Genre : VR Dramatic Shooter
Players : Single person
Publish & Development : Wildman Inc.
Copyright : Original Game©SEGA/©Wildman

Panzer Dragoon is either registered trademark or trademark of SEGA Holding Co., Ltd. or its affiliates

No word on platforms yet, though I'm guessing PC and PSVR. Consider me excite!

Just noticed my spelling mistake.. oops. :\

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Not the same developer as the new remakes? So we have 2 different devs actively working on PD games?
I guess it's officially not dead anymore.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yes, we finally reached the "using VR as the initials for a subtitle" phase.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of VR but god damn if Panzer Dragoon isn't the best fit for it I don't know what is.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Relive parts of the original games in VR...including Panzer Dragoon Saga?!? Holy shit!!

Between this, the recent digital availability of Orta, and the upcoming remakes of I & II, it's a weirdly good time to be a Panzer fan.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
So there are two separate Panzer Dragoon remakes in development? That seems odd. I'm only buying the first one since I don't have a VR headset

signal

Oct 28, 2017
noice

HajUPkL.jpg

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I've been saying Panzer Dragoon would be awesome in VR!

Sega's listening. Now about that Shinobi game....

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
VR only? Argh...

Nice that they're keeping the IP alive though, between this and the remakes.

Kaworu

Oct 28, 2017
It's from the Gunner of the Dragoon guy so he is been working on the basics for more than 5 years.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Panzer Dragoon is one of those franchises where I didn't realize how badly I miss it until the titles start getting announced again. This has the potential to be wild. Wow.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Wow, one of my favourite SEGA IPs is really getting a boost lately...maybe SEGA are prepping for a new game in the series with this much support behind it?!

If this is PSVR bound, I'm getting it for sure.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Of course if it's on PSVR I'll play...

...but I'm honestly more interested in the fact PD Saga elements will be getting an HD treatment. Talk about a ground-up remaster I'd be looking forward to.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
This is brilliant stuff. But seriously all of this, and there's no way still to play Saga without a Saturn and lot of effort. I think they've got their priorities wrong.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the thread title specified that it's VR (though I guess Voyage Record=VR), I can't afford a VR headset so I went from crazy hype to huge disappointment in just a few seconds.
Between this and Alyx I'm gonna be pretty damn jealous of VR users.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Came in expecting a mobile game. Left with a smile. This is going to be so awesome in VR.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
That's super dope !! I hope that it's coming to Playstation VR !
Crazy that two different dev studios are currently working right now on different, official, Panzer Dragoon games... Damn.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Well hell .. PD is an excellent game for VR. I will have to get my vive out of the closet for this.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It's from the Gunner of the Dragoon guy so he is been working on the basics for more than 5 years.
Yep. Looks promising.

www.wildman.co.jp

株式会社ワイルドマン

現在、メタバースやXR(VR/AR/MR)技術が急速に発展を遂げています。しかし、これらの技術はまだR&D段階のものが多く、現実にどう適用して役立てていくかの評価が定まっていないものも多いです。株式会社ワイルドマンは過去10年以上この領域のソフトウェア・ハードウェアの開発に携わってきたノウハウを通じて、社会の人々がメタバース領域を進むための道標となります。

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
Exciting stuff. If more SEGA properties keep coming to VR I'm going to finally have to hunker down and get a headset.

This is unrelated to this project, but the Panzer Dragoon remake twitter posted a reply to someone that the remake had undergone some changes after feedback from its first showing. Which is also exciting! But I think the tweet has been deleted, so I can't link it. Either way it's a fun time to be a SEGA fan these days.