• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The awesome Panzer Dragoon fan account Panzer Dragoon World has made a summary of the info that Forever Entertainment has revealed about the remake:

Some highlights:

- They pitched SEGA, who approved the project. They're reviewing the game monthly and helping with documentation, art direction, etc.
- Game won't be $60, since Panzer Dragoon is a short game
- Zwei remake is in production, but focus is on getting this remake out
- Game was announced at a Nintendo Direct, but they haven't said it's a Nintendo Switch Exclusive (I'm guessing it'll also release on PC)
- The game will feature optional gameplay enhancements, a toggle to switch between the original and remastered music, filters like CRT, etc.

There's more in the tweet, so check it out there. Hope they take their time with this one and don't rush it, it's not everyday you see a new Panzer Dragoon game come out.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least we'll get to Zwei.

Dream is Saga though.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Remastered music?
How do you remaster "Flight" ?

And CRT filters means the graphics are not being upgraded? or there's an original graphics option, most likely

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I'm not really into this genre but I'm planning to support these releases on Switch anyway because I really, REALLY want a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake after all the things I've heard about it.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Good to know both are being worked on, when they first announced the remakes I assumed it meant a combo of 1 and 2 together. When we finally saw it in the nintendo direct I was happy to see it, but it quickly turned into concern that it would likely mean we wouldnt get the second game since the first likely wont sell that well (would love to be wrong though).

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Awwww yeeeeahhh!! 1 and 2 confirmed!

Cmon people, buy this and maybe we will get Saga!!!!

Aug 12, 2019
I've never been able to play the original Panzer Dragoon games, so I'm pretty excited by all of these announcements. I really hope they do the Saga remake so a halfway decent version of the game exists without having to pay $500 for a Saturn copy (If I remember correctly, emulation of that game is pretty messed up too?).

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Saga is such a short game (epic and unique, though) that I'd hope a remake comes our way someday. Definitely not the scope of something like FF7 from that era.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been able to play the original Panzer Dragoon games, so I'm pretty excited by all of these announcements. I really hope they do the Saga remake so a halfway decent version of the game exists without having to pay $500 for a Saturn copy (If I remember correctly, emulation of that game is pretty messed up too?).
Not anymore, Saturn emulation is in a pretty good place these days.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Zwei is SO good!

I remember buying it back in the day, and convincing myself i needed to empty my savings account on a pair of Somy Glasstrons to play it.

Thankfully, The Wiz allowed me to return them a couple of days later. :-)

I kept the game of course.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, I remember Forever Entertainment announcing months before rhe trailer that thet were doing PD1 and Zwei. Nice to have it reconfirmed.

Zwei is probably the best game in the series.*

*Like 99.99% of humanity, I haven't played Saga

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Saga is such a short game (epic and unique, though) that I'd hope a remake comes our way someday. Definitely not the scope of something like FF7 from that era.

Saga deserves the production values of a FF7 or RE2 remake though. What I saw of the first PD remake did not impress me, it has a completely different tone/atmosphere from the original.

I hope the next reveal will impress me.

Apr 24, 2018
I'm not really into this genre but I'm planning to support these releases on Switch anyway because I really, REALLY want a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake after all the things I've heard about it.
Same boat I'm in - although I did like Starfox 64 as a kid which may be similar from my limited understanding. Would love to play Saga one day, though.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
This reminds me that I really should sell my second copy of Saga.

Zwei is great news! I love the forest stage with the boss chasing through the trees. The sense of scale is fantastic. I'm cautiously optimistic about this Panzer Dragoon 1 remake too! :)

Sep 28, 2018
The short bit of footage we saw before was quite messy... I really hope they take their time and make something as beautiful as the originals... If I could speak to the developers I would say take your time to nail the melancholic tone and atmosphere.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I liked the original, but Zwei was the best. I loved that game so much on the Saturn, and miss it a lot now.
Not looking forward to having to unlock everything in Pandora's Box again, but I'll do it.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand why people think it's a Switch exclusive only because they showed the first trailer in a Direct.
The remakes were announced several months before with no exclusivity mentioned whatsoever.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The short bit of footage we saw before was quite messy... I really hope they take their time and make something as beautiful as the originals... If I could speak to the developers I would say take your time to nail the melancholic tone and atmosphere.
They have a discord they're active in, with a specific channel for feedback. They're aware of these complaints though

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
On one hand I'm glad Panzer Dragoon is back since it's one of my top 10 favorite franchises, but on the other, I am just not impressed at all with what I've seen. These remakes need to look a lot better if they're not expecting them to bomb, and the developer's track record isn't impressive to say the least. As much as I'd like Saga to be remade, I think I'd prefer a straight port unless they're going to go all out, similarly to what blue point did with Shadow of the Colossus.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Oh hey that interview I did has been transcribed at long last. By the way, Fear Effect Reinvented is still alive though strange things are surrounding it.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
"Forever Entertainment is working to get a publisher"

So... why won't SEGA publish it?

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Saga deserves the production values of a FF7 or RE2 remake though. What I saw of the first PD remake did not impress me, it has a completely different tone/atmosphere from the original.

I hope the next reveal will impress me.
For sure. Something like the SotC remake treatment would be great but I guess unlikely. I'm OK with the graphics being used for PD1 although the Saturn-ness and general otherworldly vibes are completely gone.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Instant purchase. I thought the reveal trailer looked promising and I have faith in what they're doing. Seems like a passion project that wouldn't have happened otherwise.