• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
Dammit, I forgot about this game. Does it have a release date? And here I thought my backlog was starting to approach "manageable".

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's still baffling to me that this doesn't also contain PD Zwei, but I'm all in on the physical release.

Imagine if we got Saga.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess my dreams come true.

If it's priced budget-wise then it makes sense. They haven't started on Zwei yet.

Sure but they must know an hour long game with six levels is going to be a hard sell.

I still don't know how Sega greenlit this and I'm terribly cynical about its chances, but god do I want this to succeed.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That is cool. I will buy day one for the physical!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I mean, "well" has to be a relative term because Panzer Dragoon was a cult series even back on the Saturn. What are the odds of it catching on now?
Well compared to their expectations. I doubt they're thinking PD will suddenly become the new Fortnite.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well compared to their expectations. I doubt they're thinking PD will suddenly become the new Fortnite.

My biggest worry is that this game bombing will permanently shelve any attempts at bringing the series to modern consoles, even just as ports. I'm there day one physical even if there's a price discrepancy because Panzer Dragoon means a lot to me, but part of me really wishes we just got something much more lowkey, especially since we're starting off with the most basic game in the series and that might turn people off before Zwei bringing in the evolving dragon and branching paths.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest worry is that this game bombing will permanently shelve any attempts at bringing the series to modern consoles, even just as ports. I'm there day one physical even if there's a price discrepancy because Panzer Dragoon means a lot to me, but part of me really wishes we just got something much more lowkey, especially since we're starting off with the most basic game in the series and that might turn people off before Zwei bringing in the evolving dragon and branching paths.
I don't think it will bomb but it also wont set the charts on fire.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Have they shown any footage of this remake that doesn't look like complete ass? It looks like it needs way, way more time in the oven but if they're already talking physical release then my guess is it won't get it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Panzor Dragoon was the only rail shooter outside of light gun games that I really enjoyed.

Really hoping this is good.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
All the talk about Saga Remake - Forever Entertainment are too busy with the House of the Dead 1 and 2 Remakes right now (and Zwei/PD2) so it might not actually be done by them anyway if SEGA wanted it done as well.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Well, it depends. If the remake is complete ass they likely won't as shown by how they dealt with Fear Effect.
Thus far, nothing about Panzer looks to have even a mid-tier budget. If Forever keeps costs low and return on investment high, they'll keep doing them. Same with House of the Dead 1 & 2.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
4K, HDR, perhaps or is that just wishful thinking? Im sure this doesn't have a big budget behind it.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
4K, HDR, perhaps or is that just wishful thinking? Im sure this doesn't have a big budget behind it.
I would suggest to keep your expectations at a minimum. We still have no official info on a PS4/XB1 release, only vague "we never said it was exclusive" answers afaik.

My favorite is Zwei so I really hope to see that release, even if only on Switch. But Zwei in 4K HDR would be a dream come true for me.