• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Single here, so nothing romantic - although I did go out to dinner with friends on Saturday night. Mostly spent the day working out hard in the gym, then being sore & recovering and took a test for one of my classes.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sent a couple of greetings to a couple of girls I'm talking too about Happy Lunar New Year. Making small talk really.
Slept more than half the day lol.
No other plans and didn't make plans. Gonna play WoW. Still single, but I ain't frustrated like years prior.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I ventured into Barnes and Noble tonight. It was the first time she has gone into a store since January 2020 as she is recovering from a brain injury and is stuck in a wheelchair as we begin PT tomorrow to get her out of the chair. She was pursuing her PhD in American History before all this happened and wanted to go see if there were any new books as B&N was one of her favorite places to go. Luckily B&N is one of those stores that isn't seeing much foot traffic at all and there was next to no one in the store so distancing was very, very easy. We double masked as well just as a further precaution. She got two history books. So those were my V-Day gifts to her and the fact that she wanted to go to a store in public tonight was her V-Day gift to me.

You all might say we were stupid for doing it, but the fact she wanted to go and did great is a big step in her recovery.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
My wife and I ventured into Barnes and Noble tonight. It was the first time she has gone into a store since January 2020 as she is recovering from a brain injury and is stuck in a wheelchair as we begin PT tomorrow to get her out of the chair. She was pursuing her PhD in American History before all this happened and wanted to go see if there were any new books as B&N was one of her favorite places to go. Luckily B&N is one of those stores that isn't seeing much foot traffic at all and there was next to no one in the store so distancing was very, very easy. We double masked as well just as a further precaution. She got two history books. So those were my V-Day gifts to her and the fact that she wanted to go to a store in public tonight was her V-Day gift to me.

You all might say we were stupid for doing it, but the fact she wanted to go and did great is a big step in her recovery.
That sounds really nice.

You should be fine with double masking.

I felt a bit stupid walking around Monterey. There were so many people outside. We didn't spend much time there, but I hope we're okay.

My guy is immune-crompromised, and almost everyone wore masks.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm busy today so we kinda celebrated already last night.
I offered him a big beautiful flower bouquet, and fancy chocolates from a confectioner he loves. It was the first time anybody in his life gifted him a flower bouquet. Please normalize offering flowers to men, thanks. Y'all deserve them too.

He offered me a lovely silver ring in the shape of a Ginkgo Biloba leaf.

We ate Lebanese food that we ordered. We ate too much.

Then we played games and chilled.

We don't necessarily do big stuff every year. But I guess this year we wanted to, we needed to. Some years it's much simpler than this, and it's great too.
Was the ring expensive? Just noticed the difference in gifts. And yes, men deserve flowers too! 🙌🏾

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Was the ring expensive? Just noticed the difference in gifts. And yes, men deserve flowers too! 🙌🏾

Ring must have cost 15€ more than the flower bouquet+chocolates. So yes it was!
We usually don't mind about spending the same amount though, you can never be totally equal anyway.

Last edited:

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Celebrated it yesterday as it was my gf's birthday. So we had sushi, cake, and I bought her a dried flower arrangement.

It was actually pretty nice not having to go out and spend $300-400 on a meal this year.

Jul 26, 2018
Year 24 of my life and never had a gf. Heck Sometimes I forget Valentines day exists.

Anyways my sister gifted me some Pokémon cards and my family and I ate heart shaped waffles and then ate Carne Asada later in the afternoon. Then Playing Overwatch and Battlefront 2. Then building Legos. Yea today was chill..... heh.

Oct 29, 2017
My wife recently had major surgery. To get her active again, we went out on an walk around Burlingame California. I purchased her some flowers and Knickknacks. Got take out and headed back home.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
We were supposed to see some friends at a park and play with their new puppy, but the puppy was too stressed to get out of their car once they finally got him there. So we laid in the sun in the park for an hour until they showed up and then proceeded to pet their dog as he peaked his head out of the back of their car.

we then went grocery shopping, took a nap, and made some homemade sukiyaki for dinner while we binged king of the hill. Ended with a mille crepe (which was my specific valentines request), so very nice.

we don't do much to celebrate and have already given all our seasonal gifts (we have Hanukkah/Christmas, our anniversary, his birthday, and valentines in rapid succession, so after Christmas we have a 'give it as we get it' policy) so no gifts today!! But very chill and nice.

Bionic-Boost

May 12, 2018
Asked a girl I liked to be my virtual Valentine and she ignored me. So just another typical Valentine's Day =]

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
To answer my own question... the bf and I took it as a lazy day and enjoyed each other's company. We exchanged small heartfelt gifts the night before and spent the day lazily: got take-out from a taco place down the street, watched Housewives + True Crime, and went to a local bookstore to cap it all off.

EDIT: oh! And he watched me play age of calamity for a good bit. He's not much into games outside of MK + Smash, but has loved AoC for the story bits + learning more about my favorite series.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Had a lazy sunday morning with the wife, fooled around, ordered a big breakfast for takeout. Watched some marvel movies + newest Wandavision.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wife and I grabbed brunch in Manhattan Beach and did a nerdy social media reveal that she's 6 months pregnant. It went over great. I also woke her up in the morning after getting up first and gave her some high-quality truffles.

Really nice day and I'm a lucky guy.