• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
My partner and I haven't historically done all that much for Valentine's Day and don't much buy into the holiday... but with life being pretty slow + chill due to the pandemic we've got a cute little day together planned!

Era, what are your plans for the holiday? Whether you're in a relationship or taking some time to celebrate yourself, what something special do you have planned?

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My wife and I bake a heart shaped pizza every year. That's it.

We did get our daughter some candy, but otherwise we don't do anything. I buy my wife flowers most weeks but not around Valentine's when they jack the prices. The $10 dozen roses i got her a couple weeks ago have been $25-30. Ugh.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Be fucking depressed I guess since I'm in a long distance relationship and my SO is across an entire fucking ocean.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
I'm single, so... nothing. I'll probably open Bumble a few times, swipe away a dozen women while wondering where I went wrong.

Last edited:

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Last years Valentines Day was a hot mess, and me and my GF broke up like the week before things really started getting fucky with the coronavirus in the states in early March.

This year, I'm single.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
My wife and I never have any specific plans since we both think it's a pretty shallow holiday. I bought her a stuffed plush animal though this year though, just because.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was gonna draw art for my boyfriend today but I hit a real depressive slump and didn't end up doing it and I feel pretty bad about it... zero clue what tomorrow has in store for me

Sep 14, 2019
Having a tea party with my virtual lover, Alois.

dcogcSG.jpg

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Got some chocolates a card and a cute walk in the snow planned through a park!

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Most likely trying to avoid my neighbour flashing himself naked in the window across from mine and wonder why only the freaks in my town are ever "attempt something" towards me.

DitaParlo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
here in brazil is WORST than this, my boyfriend's seleeping and im listening Taylor Swift :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
We 'celebrated' early, even though I have Monday off. Made a fancy restaurant level meal (sous vide some fine ass New York Strips and finished them off on the grill, homemade olive tapenade, fresh baked rolls and salad) and proceeded to eat it on the couch.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I "did" Valentine's Day yesterday as I'm back on shift this week and have a lot to do today before I go back. We swapped gifts (I got some Glencairn scotch glasses and I got her a luxury bath gift set), and we ordered in a meal kit from a local small restaurant which I cooked up whilst she had a lengthy bath. Things have been a little bit busy for us both, juggling work, a 1-yr old and pandemic life, so it was nice to do something that felt a little special.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Single but talking to a girl I'm into, so probably zoom? not sure

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My wife already treated me to a beautiful present at 00:00 and we had fun together. We are just going to chill out, watch movies, maybe go for a walk.

Flannel_and_Assam

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 21, 2020
United Kingdom
I'm supposed to be finishing an essay, but I think I'll just finish Watch Dogs Legion instead. My girlfriend's got exams so we'll have our Valentine's Day when she's less busy.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
One of my bfs is off on Monday so the three of us are just having a nice dinner, watching a movie, and getting stoned together and chilling out, and then Monday binging through Super Mario 3D world.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
My girlfriend is really mad at me because I bought her some flowers so that's that I guess.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
After having a pretty trash time with online dating for months now, I'm actually pretty happy to be single at the moment! Sure I'd prefer not to be alone, but if given the choice between being with someone that doesn't fit who you are and being alone...alone is better lol. I'd forgotten that.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm busy today so we kinda celebrated already last night.
I offered him a big beautiful flower bouquet, and fancy chocolates from a confectioner he loves. It was the first time anybody in his life gifted him a flower bouquet. Please normalize offering flowers to men, thanks. Y'all deserve them too.

He offered me a lovely silver ring in the shape of a Ginkgo Biloba leaf.

We ate Lebanese food that we ordered. We ate too much.

Then we played games and chilled.

We don't necessarily do big stuff every year. But I guess this year we wanted to, we needed to. Some years it's much simpler than this, and it's great too.

Last edited:

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am hungover as fuck and just waiting for the Asian place across the street to open.
After I get my food I will watch some movies, might take a nap and end the day with The Expanse.
And yes, im single in case that wasn't obvious.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only time my wife and I have ever done Valentine's Day is our first year together out of social obligation. After that we agreed it was bullshit and haven't done anything on the date since. If that answers the question.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a bag of edibles and I'm going to try to put myself into a coma. Fuck Valentine's Day.

Oct 27, 2017
I made her a Lloid gyroid out of super sculpey, she contributed to little nightmares 2 for me. Swapped cards. Now we're playing animal crossing together with the kids.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
was going to go to a baller fancy place to eat but its super fucking cold down here in BR and she isnt feeling well
so i cancelled and we'll do something next weekend :3

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, but is Valentines day better or worse with more bureaucracy and less romanticism, to dull the pain of being alone on it. Probably worse, despite it all.
(I say this because in Japan women give chocolates to basically every guy they know, then a month later all those dudes give chocolates back. But realistically the buck probably falls to the women to pick up the slack and it probably gives many people the wrong idea despite being so "sanitized")

Rimpim

Banned
Feb 7, 2021
We are going to get high and do our own things. Been in a goverment mandated quarantine for 6 days now, so we're pretty sick of each others company by now lol

24 hours and I can finally leave the house and get back to work.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Probably just watching a movie together while FaceTiming. Being stuck in London while my gf is in Bristol is chipping away at my soul. I hope there is only a month to go on this current form of lockdown.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Same as the other 13-14 years as single on feb 14, nothing special at all lol.

I've made peace that i will be forever alone so, not much that can't be done about that fate.