• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I think their Battle Pass needs work. I'd love to invest, but I need more. Just doesn't seem like enough rewards and way too big of a grind to get all of them. IMO, in general, battle pass rewards should all unlock for everyone at t the end of the season (with the reward being early access to the skins/items for the big grinders, which will keep them active). Not a big deal to hand them out at the end, as the big players will all be moving on to the next pass and its skins and whatnot.

IMO where the Battle Pass is concerned Paladins is almost the opposite Fortnite- it currently just feels more attractive to just buy the skins I want, on the heroes I want to play, instead of the Pass since they aren't too badly priced, and of course I'm getting what I want for the heroes I want, instead of just some random things on guys I don't even play. But Fortnite, gives GREAT value for its pass where you get a lot of great stuff via the pass, which is cheap, and levels up pretty reasonably, but their individual ala carte skin prices are fukinuts.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Strix a lot of fun.

B7b36DY.png

Sometimes hard to make enough of a difference if your frontline isn't present though. The game I was playing above, I was having no trouble picking people off, including their supports, persistently, but they had Terminus, Seris and the new healer (forget her name).

My team had Grover and Khan but Grover was persistently sat on a rooftop throwing Axe's at people, as opposed to supporting Khan. Grover players can be the worst. Yes, his Axe does more damage over a long distance, but that doesn't mean you should sacrifice your supporting role to play a pseudo sniper.

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
Ah, nice. I'll take it a day early. But, it sounds like they can't release it until the other consoles are ready to do so as well. I'm still expecting it not until Wednesday.

Edit: Nevermind. It is today. Woop!

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Kind of annoying to see continuous bug fixes and nothing for Evie.

Most of this stuff still happens http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?60155-A-list-of-all-of-Evie-s-current-bugs

I really like her, but it's so frustrating to have your character stuck in place after a blink. She's so easy to snipe when she's always left stood still for half a second after any blink. Complete disconnect between what looks like is happening on your screen, and what happens on your opponents.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
I can download a patch on the Switch version now, their Twitter hasn't said if the maintenance is over just yet.

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
Does that mean cross play ? Can I play with the hero pass on Xbox as well now ?
It actually was active before. I am not sure if grouping is active now between platforms, but Switch and Xbox players were playing before together.

Moving things over from Xbox to switch tho like cross progression, no that is not in - and they haven't said if that will be in, if at all.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
If all goes according to plan, Switch and Xbox can play together
Hell yeah! Any idea how long downtime will be? What a nice surprise for this evening. I've been waiting on playing the game properly for this update. The launch version on Switch feels like it's seriously missing a day-one patch...turns out it basically is.

I'm assuming account linking will appear on Switch after this update to enable cross play?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
As a long time Smite player, I've hated Paladins on principle. (Because Hi-Rez has consistantly proven they cannot support two titles at once.)

...that said, I finally played a bit of Paladins over the weekend and ended up having a blast.

What's the Switch community looking like? I'm considering getting the Founders Pack.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Possibly a stupid question, but if I bought the Founders pack for Switch is there a way for me to get access to all of those items on Xbox? Epic have spoiled me with cross-platform progression between accounts and I'd like to be able to get more into Paladins not just on my Switch. Thanks in advance!

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Possibly a stupid question, but if I bought the Founders pack for Switch is there a way for me to get access to all of those items on Xbox? Epic have spoiled me with cross-platform progression between accounts and I'd like to be able to get more into Paladins not just on my Switch. Thanks in advance!
Hi Rez is stingy with cross platform progression, they allowed a PC to console transfer with Smite but only once and only for a month.

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
As a long time Smite player, I've hated Paladins on principle. (Because Hi-Rez has consistantly proven they cannot support two titles at once.)

...that said, I finally played a bit of Paladins over the weekend and ended up having a blast.

What's the Switch community looking like? I'm considering getting the Founders Pack.
Switch community is already healthy. Going to be even more once it goes fully F2P. Not to mention, you have the xbox community lumped in for matchmaking too. Getting it on Xbox or Switch right now, you can be assured of getting matches in for a long time now.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Khan is so fun to play with his ult. Just throwing the healer or their tank off the map is the best feeling
On PC I've faced some really brilliant Makoa players on Fish Market, they stay back to the water, gank you with their anchor, then turn around as you are pulled in, so they drop you for an instakill.

OP
OP
Grimminski

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Welp, I'm officially a weak willed person.

Blew the rest of my crystals on 5 chests, got Amerikhan on the 5th.

Edit: His ult. oh my god. "YOU'RE MINE, LITTLE MAN!"

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It actually was active before. I am not sure if grouping is active now between platforms, but Switch and Xbox players were playing before together.

Moving things over from Xbox to switch tho like cross progression, no that is not in - and they haven't said if that will be in, if at all.
That sux. I though it would be like fortnite

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

Good so far. With crossplay, matches shouldn't be a problem. Things should pick up further once it goes F2P on switch.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
This new event, Rise of Furia, is it just that, an event or will it be a permanent mode?

Kuno

Oct 26, 2017
Khan is so fun to play with his ult. Just throwing the healer or their tank off the map is the best feeling

Definitely, but I almost feel bad sometimes. I was playing a match yesterday where I managed to throw their Inara off the map three times. After the third throw, she just stayed back in their base until we walked the objective across the finish line.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Definitely, but I almost feel bad sometimes. I was playing a match yesterday where I managed to throw their Inara off the map three times. After the third throw, she just stayed back in their base until we walked the objective across the finish line.

That Ult does feel unfair because you can't do anything to defend yourself, it's just stupid.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Still no ability to link a hirez account on Switch or am I missing something? How can you play with Xbox folks if you can't link your account... My Nintendo name is absolutely not unique in any way.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So are people just bad at this game? I'm good at shooters but this is extreme. I made it past level 5 and I'm playing real people now.

OP
OP
Grimminski

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Man, rank decay is no joke. Haven't touched rank for months and I'm back to Gold I.

Note to new players, Gold V -> Diamond I your rank will start to decay after 2 weeks of not playing a match of ranked, and you can't decay past Gold V.

Master -> Grandmaster Decay after 1 week.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I still need to finish my placement matches. Got 5/10 before the wait time killed my interest. Did just enough in S1 to get Terrormorph Drogoz (got put in Platinum after placements, so that was nice and easy) and the gold chests. I don't really like Vivian, but I know I'm going to kick myself if I miss out on an easily acquirable limited skin.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying Paladins and Fortnite more than I thought I would... I can see why they get addictive

Been maining Androxus and Ruckus as my mains

OP
OP
Grimminski

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just downloaded the patch on pc and saw that the amerikhan skin was 600 crystals to buy outright, then I saw the worldwide chest and that the skin was there as well, so, since I already had everything there, the skin costed me 75 crystals, heh, nice (even though i've never played Khan at all).

Is the switch patch addressing load times?

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying Paladins and Fortnite more than I thought I would... I can see why they get addictive

Been maining Androxus and Ruckus as my mains

It's wild. I played both before, but now that they're on switch, I play them almost nonstop.

Just downloaded the patch on pc and saw that the amerikhan skin was 600 crystals to buy outright, then I saw the worldwide chest and that the skin was there as well, so, since I already had everything there, the skin costed me 75 crystals, heh, nice (even though i've never played Khan at all).

Is the switch patch addressing load times?

Things seem quicker now for sure.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Crossplay has been a god send for me. I can finally play with my friends on Xbox. I hear you can't play with friends on Xbox, though? When will that be fixed?

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been jumping from PC to Switch and now I can see the differences a lot clearly

Switch is extremely slow to load not just the game itself... but even the textures I saw very slowly rendering in on the characters... it even takes a long time for the animated character to show on the champion screen... in some cases this has prevented me from selecting my champion in time during a match in some cases

They really gotta find a way to optimize this better

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Crossplay has been a god send for me. I can finally play with my friends on Xbox. I hear you can't play with friends on Xbox, though? When will that be fixed?

I don't understand how it's possible without account linking - my Switch name isn't remotely unique so it's not like you could search for it.

Really disappointed that they haven't sorted this yet. I'd happily buy the battle pass if I could link my account.

I've been jumping from PC to Switch and now I can see the differences a lot clearly

Switch is extremely slow to load not just the game itself... but even the textures I saw very slowly rendering in on the characters... it even takes a long time for the animated character to show on the champion screen... in some cases this has prevented me from selecting my champion in time during a match in some cases

They really gotta find a way to optimize this better

The loading is really bad. Game runs amazingly outside of that. But when you're selecting a skin before a match / character you lose half the time without the character model loading in yet.