• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Hi era what are some painless ways to die because I can't do life anymore and don't deserve to be where I am

I have nothing to look forward to in the future knowing I will never be a father, let alone find a job that will support a family

I just wish Trump would start WW3 or if there was a zombie apocalypse because I can't do this fucking shit no more

The one casual job I thought I could do (kitchen hand) I cannot because I am so shit at doing simple tasks. I know the only reason they're keeping me is because they don't want to look for anyone else, I know I'm the shittest out of the 3 kitchen hands here

Not even looking forward to my birthday in April, I don't want anything anymore nor do I want to go out.

I deserve to suffer in hell

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Your future can always change, but that can't even be a possibility if you are dead. Please talk to a professional or family member about how you are feeling.

malingenie

Oct 29, 2017
What you are feeling is not normal and can be fixed. Medication/ therapy worked for me. Give it a shot.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
You have almost 2,200 posts here. You've contributed so much to this community. We would miss you.

Please stay with us.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Dude don't. Instead you should save a life by adopting an animal

Oct 27, 2017
Don't do it OP. Things will get better and you will be happy. Just hang on and call the appropriate phone lines. Will put you in my prayers.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
However bad and hopeless you feel, I promise that it can get better. The worst it can get is by you ending it, because then you are eliminating all the good things that can and will happen if you just stick around and try every day. I can attest to that. Don't let those things go.

Also, you deserve to be where you are because you ARE. You deserve to live because you are alive. Call and let someone listen. This shit isn't easy at all, but you got this if you want it. Promise.

crowphoenix

Oct 27, 2017
Don't do it, Russel. I don't know what you're going through, but I know it's rough. I know it's hard, but I also know you can get through it.

Talk to us. Call a help line. Just, stay alive.

In time, what you are feeling will pass, and maybe we can figure out some ways to address your problems.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't really been able to find a painless method, at least not one easily available. I hope that's enough of a barrier to keep you off suicide for long enough to get a clear head. At least, it's helped keep me off it at times.

Talking through these things with an empathetic person always helps if you can

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is the second suicidal person with a kitchen job we've had in like the last month.

No matter what you're going through, it never lasts. Life is all about change and even though it hurts now, it doesn't last. I hope you can work through your problem with some of the good advice other people here are giving you.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Feeling useful at work is important as you've identified. Ask a coworker to help practice tasks until you get better at them even hang around work extra if your schedule allows . Kitchens do long hours so any extra practice will help. Only if you can swing it of course schedule wise
After doing the important job of calling helpline of course .

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Things will always turn around, often when you least expect it. The event may not seem significant at first, but when you look back, you'll realize how it helped to push you up and forward. Hang in there!

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I know that things like being a father or being able to support a family feel like really important things (and it sounds like they ARE very important to you,) but they don't have to define you. It's not only circumstances that can change, but people. What matters most to you can change. Circumstances can change and give you an avenue to what you want, alternatively.

Neither of those things can change if you don't give them a chance to. Thinking of you, Russell, and hoping you reach out for help. It's absolutely OK to need it. We're none of us perfect, and some of us end up getting hit by that harder. I am sorry you are going through this, but you need to go through this, buddy.

SoyPrincess

Banned
Jan 22, 2018
Posting on Resetera is like being a member of a family, a family that only people with certain email addresses can be a part of. I'm not ready to lose a single member of this family. Please think about your loved ones before doing anything dangerous! Not to mention that there is a heaping amount of Anthem DLC is on the way!

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
The truth is, there's very few painless ways to die, particularly when you realize most of them will trigger a shock response where you'll realize you don't WANT to die.

The best way to deal with the pain of living is still to change your life. Dial that hotline. Talk to people. I'm available, as are others. Realize you still have that chance.

If you really wanted to die you wouldn't be reaching out to other people. You're reaching out because you recognize you need help, and if you need help it's because you CAN be helped-- your situation can change, it can improve. Don't give up and don't give in to the urge to end this prematurely. If you do, pain is what your life will have encompassed. It's possible to make it something else than that, so do so. I hope to God you make the right choices and stick through.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
As everyone has already said, you can change your life, even if things seem hopeless. Call the number and vent, you'll feel better. Without life, you can never enjoy new movies or new games or new experiences.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
So many people here saying they wanna die and they mention school or work. Neither of those things matter in the grand scheme of things at all. Push that crap aside and get well. Call that number. You aren't alone. And fuck work.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
If you're feeling like you're unsafe, Russell, I would recommend ensuring you can be safe to find what you truly want to plan for in the future. It seems like you're feeling overwhelmed, so a break may be what you need. I'm glad you aren't actively planning to hurt yourself, & let me just take a moment to add there's no painless way to pass. I know it may sound scary when I ask, but have you considered seeking a temporary stay at a hospital? Again, it seems imposing, & full disclosure, I work in the mental health field. That said, I can also say as someone who has experienced a psychiatric hospitalization first-hand that it is a helpful way to collect yourself in a stable environment, & can quickly get you set up with talking to someone who can help, as well as getting you meds as needed.

You definitely have the support of this forum, which is excellent. I would recommend keeping the NSPL number many others have already posted saved to your phone, or preferably a similar, more local number that can help you get set up with resources in your own community. This will require some searching, but it's definitely helpful in the long run. The next important thing is getting yourself the support you need personally. These thoughts you're having can be countered, & over time you may find yourself proving them wrong. It's not as easy as talking to people on a forum, but it's the best way to address the way you're feeling overall, & help you discover what you personally find meaningful for the future. Stay well, Russell.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We've sent some information and resources to the Op already in support, but just for everyone else who may be unaware, we do have our Mental Health thread that can be a helpful place for informal peer support, we always stress the importance of professional care, if you're having a difficult time please talk to your doctor, consider and discuss medication if its right for you, and look into counselling and therapy programs, but the community can offer a bit of support too. We also have a Mental Health discord setup if you prefer more of a chat like format, just contact me privately if you'd like an invite to that. Thank you.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We've sent some information and resources to the Op already in support, but just for everyone else who may be unaware, we do have our Mental Health thread that can be a helpful place for informal peer support, we always stress the importance of professional care, if you're having a difficult time please talk to your doctor, consider and discuss medication if its right for you, and look into counselling and therapy programs, but the community can offer a bit of support too. We also have a Mental Health discord setup if you prefer more of a chat like format, just contact me privately if you'd like an invite to that. Thank you.

Thanks so much for this.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

I appreciate this.

HughJayNus

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 29, 2018
I've been where you are, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't I constantly go back to that dark place. But don't let it consume you, you're better than that and deep down you know it, even if you aren't feeling it right now.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Don't do anything dude, taking your pain away only passes it to others. I have been there, I have suffered in ways people should never suffer from physical abuse as a child, to losing my fiancee to murder. There is nothing in this life worth taking the only life you get for. Do not trade this once chance for something much worse.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017

Cheers to this.

OP, near everyone I know who has been successful (and who wasn't born into money) has repeatedly fallen on their face in life in the past, myself included. It's hard to grok your situation without a lot of details, but a lot of people would like to see you thrive in the future, which is entirely doable.

A lot of us, including many others in this thread, have been to that dark place over and over again. Don't do it. We're living proof that there's a better tomorrow ahead.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Living a full and happy life and then slipping happily into sleep death at the age of 9000. Dude, whatever it is you can get passed it. Talk to someone and find a way to work it out.

Deleted member 25445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hi era what are some painless ways to die because I can't do life anymore and don't deserve to be where I am

I have nothing to look forward to in the future knowing I will never be a father, let alone find a job that will support a family

I just wish Trump would start WW3 or if there was a zombie apocalypse because I can't do this fucking shit no more

The one casual job I thought I could do (kitchen hand) I cannot because I am so shit at doing simple tasks. I know the only reason they're keeping me is because they don't want to look for anyone else, I know I'm the shittest out of the 3 kitchen hands here

Not even looking forward to my birthday in April, I don't want anything anymore nor do I want to go out.

I deserve to suffer in hell
I know how hard it is to feel that hopeless. It's almost impossible feeling to be convinced by anyone that it'll be ok. But you HAVE to foster some of that hope even if you dont believe it because there is a way out and things WILL change. Seek help, change your life for the better, it'll be slow, but worth it.