• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Oh no, this guy again with his predictions. These actually don't seem that bad all things considered. Much better than predicting 8 million Switches for the fiscal year.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
I think the switch revision will go in the opposite direction.

Also every thread with patcher predictions should just have his tipranking in the banner. Just to let people know he's worse then flipping a coin.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I think it makes sense to release a handheld only Switch when the next gen consoles have arrived. At that point Switch will be so far behind the curve power wise, it's better to move the public's perspective over to it being an affordable handheld you can buy for each of your kids (and possibly yourself) for the same price as a PS5.
But if the next gen consoles don't arrive this year, it would be stupid to release this SKU now. After all, the fantastic software sales are predicated on games on the Switch having more value for being a console and handheld game in one.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Even if Nintendo released a switch that is one piece of hardware, I bet it would still be dockable and compatible with joy cons and pro controller.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, sell it bare-bones dockless for $200 and be done. Why take away the functionality of being able to hook it up to a TV?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If everyone is on board to no longer give this knob a platform, why is everything he says posted here as a thread?

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Here is your Switch, which you can not use to Switch between TV and handheld gaming."

I can already see the confusion

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I can see nintendo selling a Switch without a dock or a charger lol

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Japan already sell a dockless Switch model? Is Pachter predicting a redesigned Switch or a dockless model for all regions?

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
A cheaper bundle without the dock maybe? I could see that happening. I doubt they'll ever release a version that wouldn't be compatible with the dock though.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The 'Switch' part of the Switch is much, much, more integral to its console than the '3D' was for the 3DS so I can never get these "portable-only Switch" predictions. It just seems like a classic case of "it happened before so it must happen again!" without any understanding of the context.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Considering Nintendo made a version of the 3ds without 3D, this seems likely to be tbh. Maybe without the switch branding though

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
I look forward to getting the TV only more powerful Switch Pro now that Pachter has predicted the opposite.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
So no handheld only, as expected. It's a bad idea to begin with. They could release a lite version though (absolutely not handheld only) in 2019, and then a pro version in 2020, which is the most likely scenario in my opinion.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming he is referring to the revision Switch releasing this year

That's like the opposite of handheld only and it's not cheaper

Oh boy, more insiders on the pro train?

Very interesting...

On topic, can we please just not give Pachter a platform? This is a fairly tame prediction but he generally makes predictions specifically to rile up controversy and get his name in headlines. I don't know why we should bother talking about him.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
So can we post threads about any random gobshite giving their uninformed opinion then?

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't the point of the switch that it's handheld and a console in one? What kind of sense would this make? Lol

Oct 26, 2017
A handheld only Switch... to completely take away its unique selling point. At that point why not just make a dedicated handheld and a dedicated console again?
At best they're going to sell a version without a dock to get the price down, but that's about it. Maybe if a revision comes around, the OG Switch will be sold without Dock and Joycon Grip, while the "Pro" revision will come with a Dock.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, sell it bare-bones dockless for $200 and be done. Why take away the functionality of being able to hook it up to a TV?
Yeah, and does Nintendo still require account transfers like they did with the 3DS?

Even though I play my Switch 99% handheld mode, I wouldn't want to get a handheld ONLY Switch if I couldn't use it on my TV, and if I wanted a handheld only Switch I couldn't just keep the OG Switch if you can't just be signed into both systems and have access to all my games on each.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I could see a Switch "redesign" that loses the dock but can still hook up to a television happening.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
After the 2DS, that played 3DS branded games, I don't think name confusion matters to them.

It most certainly does. Many people thought the Wii U was a controller for the Wii. I believe that was a turning point for Nintendo in naming conventions. The Wii U failed for many reasons, and the name is certainly one (albeit not major) reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.