• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
fetterman has been hammering oz on twitter and it seems to be paying off, fetterman has a pretty good lead in the polls

Oct 27, 2017
LOL, Buzzfeed did an article asking "Can Fetterman shitpost his way to the Senate"?

www.thedailybeast.com

Could John Fetterman Shitpost His Way to the Senate?

The Pennsylvania Democrat’s social media feeds have become increasingly peppered with homemade memes aimed at his Republican opponent, Dr. Mehmet Oz.

In late June, John Fetterman posted a photo of an edited Hawaii driver's license, in which the state was blurred out to read "Pennsylvania," and the picture was replaced with Dr. Mehmet Oz's face next to the name "McLovin." He captioned the photo with only one word—"giggle"—and an emoji of a face laughing with a hand over its mouth.

The meme, a reference to the raunchy 2007 film Superbad, in which a teenager gets a fake Hawaii ID to buy drinks under the name "McLovin," was a dig at his Republican opponent's residency and the latest in a series of posts seemingly aimed at Fetterman's younger, more online base.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
LOL, Buzzfeed did an article asking "Can Fetterman shitpost his way to the Senate"?

it actually works well here because there's no complex arguments or ideological mess to cut through, Fetterman is just making the case-especially to voters in Western PA-that Oz isn't really anything like you and doesn't understand you at all. A simple statement where nothing is lost through the mockery.

Oct 27, 2017
it actually works well here because there's no complex arguments or ideological mess to cut through, Fetterman is just making the case-especially to voters in Western PA-that Oz isn't really anything like you and doesn't understand you at all. A simple statement where nothing is lost through the mockery.
Agreed. His TV ads are pretty traditional though, red meat stuff. It's smart, he's covering his angles

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017

www.thedailybeast.com

The Pennsylvania Democrat’s social media feeds have become increasingly peppered with homemade memes aimed at his Republican opponent, Dr. Mehmet Oz.

In late June, John Fetterman posted a photo of an edited Hawaii driver's license, in which the state was blurred out to read "Pennsylvania," and the picture was replaced with Dr. Mehmet Oz's face next to the name "McLovin." He captioned the photo with only one word—"giggle"—and an emoji of a face laughing with a hand over its mouth.

The meme, a reference to the raunchy 2007 film Superbad, in which a teenager gets a fake Hawaii ID to buy drinks under the name "McLovin," was a dig at his Republican opponent's residency and the latest in a series of posts seemingly aimed at Fetterman's younger, more online base.

The best part is Fetterman actually responded to this article saying he's sure gonna try.

John is a good dude; hoping he brings his presence to the Senate floor so bad.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Snooki again reminds me of that Tila Tequila figure. I heard she went off the deep end though

Booshka

Banned
May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
Fetterman is the guy that I have one of the best 26 second conversations with at Sheetz. Absolutely perfect candidate for PA and has national appeal.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I'm sticking around here long enough to help make sure Fetterman secures his seat.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Fetdawg as I call him seems like a great guy. Seems like the guy who would be eating a hoagie off the trash can at Wawa at 4PM who goes "yooo bud" to everyone who walks in.

That's why I voted for him.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Fetdawg as I call him seems like a great guy. Seems like the guy who would be eating a hoagie off the trash can at Wawa at 4PM who goes "yooo bud" to everyone who walks in.

He needs to watch his hoagie intake. Man has all sorts of heart issues and I really hope he's taking his health seriously.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
yeah, i know he isn't perfect but Fetterman is the exact example of the type of pol the Dems should be pursuing and developing. Just an authentic person that is hyperlocal and interested in delivering for all his constituents, basically. You compare him to his opponent and there's no question who the real Pennsylvanian is there.

He'll probably win this race and the sky is the limit as far as I'm concerned.

Consistently ceding the online space to all these nazi chuds because the Dem leadership is ancient is insanely disappointing considering they're a minority. Ppl like him and AOC that have good beliefs/policies but can actually shitpost and meme correctly is definitely a positive campaign attribute these days

View: https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1547361984072613888

lolllll

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Not Wawa, Sheetz! You want to give him another stroke?

He needs to watch his hoagie intake. Man has all sorts of heart issues and I really hope he's taking his health seriously.
Yeah, he had a stroke earlier in the summer

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can only hope Democrats will have their first ever shitposter presidential nominee (albeit one with a social consisence) before too long. Republicans really stole a march on that one.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston

www.thedailybeast.com

yea but doesnt Fetterman have actual political experience.