• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
As what the newsroom got right.

The Republicans are the American Taliban. Literal shits they are.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume that this breaks something that will result in consequences right. Someone please tell me we aren't this fucked.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
This was an attempted murder, and every single GOP member that knew and pushed for this should be trialed.

IT'S LITERALLY THE PLOT OF METAL GEAR SOLID 1.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Yo this Brian Sims guy is a legit conduit for outrage. Listening to him is equally call out this out is equal parts infuriating and cathartic

tenor.gif

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Why are they lying about this so much?

Because they are pushing an entire GOP agenda to try and reopen the economy because it is all Trump can run on if we reopen successfully. Thats it. The entire GOP is just an empty void of nothing that benefits actual Americans, and just benefits corporations and people that are throwing money into the Republican coffers.

The Llama

Oct 27, 2017
Brian Sims is my girlfriends state rep (I'm just outside his district), so I feel extra horrible because I know what a great guy he is. Just... blah. Honestly I hope this gains national traction because it's so wrong.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
This is Republican-ism in 2020 people. They'd rather get themselves or others killed instead of admitting they were wrong.

Just blind partisanship at its worst.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Because they are pushing an entire GOP agenda to try and reopen the economy because it is all Trump can run on if we reopen successfully. Thats it. The entire GOP is just an empty void of nothing that benefits actual Americans, and just benefits corporations and people that are throwing money into the Republican coffers.
It just seems easier to deal with it head-on than all this obfuscation. It shows leadership. They really became the party of Trump.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Sounds about right for PA. This state is a GOP hellhole most of the time. The people I live around here with would probably cheer for this shit since it's "their team".

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a PA resident this makes me fucking infuriated.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Not that keeping anyone in the dark about this is a good, or smart thing, but if this is the same person, he didn't visit people while knowingly being sick. He visited them and then simply decided not to make his condition known after finding out later. It's not like they tried to do some fucked up biological warfare against the Democrats, although they are guilty by omission. Maybe.

www.post-gazette.com

Pa. GOP lawmaker says he tested positive for COVID-19; Democrats demand more information

State Rep. Andrew Lewis, R-Dauphin, said in a statement that he tested positive for COVID-19 last week and immediately began self-isolation.

He added: "Out of respect for my family, and those who I may have exposed, I chose to keep my positive case private. Now that I have fully recovered and completed the quarantine as required by the Department of Health, I feel now is the appropriate time to share this information with the public and my constituents and I look forward to being a resource in sharing my experiences with COVID-19 and helping our community navigate this crisis together."

What's fucked is if he didn't privately contact those individuals.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Shocked at this? Imagine this happening throughout the entire country with your normal average group of people instead of politicians.

It really is terrifying....

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
The fury in his voice, how many politicians in PA are we going to find out has COVID-19 because of the Republican PA coverup?

OP
OP
piratepwnsninja

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not that keeping anyone in the dark about this is a good, or smart thing, but if this is the same person, he didn't visit people while knowingly being sick. He visited them and then simply decided not to make his condition known after finding out later. It's not like they tried to do some fucked up biological warfare against the Democrats, although they are guilty by omission. Maybe.

www.post-gazette.com

Pa. GOP lawmaker says he tested positive for COVID-19; Democrats demand more information

State Rep. Andrew Lewis, R-Dauphin, said in a statement that he tested positive for COVID-19 last week and immediately began self-isolation.

What's fucked is if he didn't privately contact those individuals.

But by the time you're sick, you've been asymptotically contagious for days with this. That is why this is a MAJOR problem.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
But by the time you're sick, you've been asymptotically contagious for days with this. That is why this is a MAJOR problem.

I understand that. I simply took these tweets to imply that he met with people while he knew he was sick. It's also not clear to me if he notified any of those people he came into contact with after he tested positive, or if he simply kept it to himself until now. If it's the latter, that's entirely fucked up.

Mike Straub, a spokesperson for House Republicans, declined to name any other members who may have been directed to quarantine, citing medical privacy laws. He also declined to say how many people were notified by House officials to self-isolate.

Mr. Straub did say the House floor is professionally cleaned and sanitized every night, and that Mr. Lewis' office has also been disinfected. He also said that state and federal guidelines require employers to identify employees who were in close contact with a person with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19.

"Absolutely anyone, from anywhere in the Capitol, who may have been exposed within those guidelines was notified," Mr. Straub said. "We followed data and science, implementing the guidelines from the CDC and Pa. Department of Health, in line with exactly what Gov. Wolf requires from any business that wishes to operate."