• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will P5R be announced?

• In six months

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • In ten months

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Next year

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Next Direct

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Next TGS

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Next Monday in gaming magazines

Votes: 77 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are sending out surveys now asking if people would be interested in a localization, I don't think it's gonna make it to the west in less than a full year.
i saw that, that's just absolutely crazy. there's no way p5s isn't getting localized anyway, it seems so weird to do a survey about it.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
After they copy and paste P4G for easy money.

I wish they would, I really don't get why they don't if they don't have a deal with Sony. If they do then that's why.

Its strange to me they haven't milked P4G and P3 more by re-releasing them too. Switch, Mobile, PC, PS4, either of these would have made sense even if it was only one of those.

I loved P5 in 2017, but at this point in the gen its going to be hard for me to replay it all over even if its got a lot of new content and tweaks. Would've preferred the option to play new post-school year content with a completion save file from the first game like The Answer on P3 FES. Having it on Switch would make it a lot easier to play due to portability.
Royal doesn't work that way. The new content is intertwined with the main story from literally the first 5 mins. In fact you can't access the new content if you don't hang out with new Confidants enough before a specific date before the main game ends. Not to mention all the new battle mechanics and features.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
To be fair Catherine Full Body didn't make sense even with ATLUS logic.

Assuming it was a "not exclusive" IP, launching on PS Vita in 2019 was a suicide, and in fact the game was a colossal bomb. It should have been a PS4/Switch from day 1.

The point is Atlus isnt changing their pattern with catherine, despite of how late the port is. It was never an exclusive to begin with. Just like Persona spinoffs were never exclusive. Xbox got the two fighting games.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This.

Stop, don't work yourself into this frenzy. It's not going to come, either there is an actual deal in place with Sony or Atlus is just being Atlus, and both are believable for this case.

This is gonna be the P5S announcement all over again: Everyone assumed P5S meant Persona 5 Switch, when it was really Scramble, and then people were upset about it despite other hints being there that it was not a port of Persona 5.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I could see them putting Persona 6 on Switch, but if they were at all interested in having the mainline Persona 5 on it, they would have done so by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.