• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Some of these finds are legit chilling, especially the bathtube one. Jesus Christ.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you do this, OP? You know we'll never have this. Why show us a better world?

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
mRSE5in.png

Such a haunting experience.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many glasses-wearing expository scientists this game would've had, Death Stranding features at least three

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
The name Lisa being mentioned by Mads' character in DS has me hoping for a spooky cameo

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
The surprise drop of P.T. and figuring out what that thing was is still one of my favorite moments this generation.

Its cancellation still hurts.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
PT and Hereditary are the only two times I've been horrified in any form of entertainment. Both I dreaded every anxiety-filled moment while experiencing them but afterwards couldn't stop thinking of them and preventing me from sleeping.

PT was something special, and every new bit of info we get makes me so sad at how special the full game could've been.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
It's so fucking frustrating we don't get to see Kojima and Del Toro s ultimate horror vision. It didn't have to be a silent hill game, they could have had an original concept. Of course the guy is free to make what he wants, but imo it's disappointing to get another third person action adventure game with a lot of internal systems and stuff in the vein of MGS but with a social element, it's cool but it's not a radical departure like a horror game would have been, especially when he has GDT on board.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's so fucking frustrating we don't get to see Kojima and Del Toro s ultimate horror vision. It didn't have to be a silent hill game, they could have had an original concept. Of course the guy is free to make what he wants, but imo it's disappointing to get another third person action adventure game with a lot of internal systems and stuff in the vein of MGS but with a social element, it's cool but it's not a radical departure like a horror game would have been, especially when he has GDT on board.
Junji Ito was going to be involved too, what a waste.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Junji Ito was going to be involved too, what a waste.
Oh come on, I didn't even know this!

After such a widely well received small slice of game, to the point of people putting it the best horror game lists, I just don't get why he chose to not make the game. Maybe because horror games don't sell as well? Maybe he couldn't come up with an original story without the SH mythos?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's creepy enough knowing Lisa's ghost is "always there"...

... But being told that her body is ALSO "always there", hidden in the code, makes the whole thing so much more skin-crawling to me.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
This is pretty cool, but I've seen afew P.T. videos recently but noone has really found a consitent way to get the ending of P.T.

Verder

Oct 28, 2017
i know every single one of us is out here hoping DS has even a hint of the flair that PT had.

cause GODDAMN i am

Zipzoom

May 27, 2019
The most dissapointing thing about Death Stranding. Still excited about the game though.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
That tease at the end! His next PT video is gonna be great.
I had no idea that the Silent Hills teaser was rendered in real time. It looked way too good at the time.

IGVnlxw.png

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Kojima's gonna make something after Death Stranding. Maybe he will look at how much people connected with Playable Teaser and turn it into Playable Game. Doesn't have to be set in the Silent Hill universe, so no need to involve Konami.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
This is pretty cool, but I've seen afew P.T. videos recently but noone has really found a consitent way to get the ending of P.T.
Once you get the clock to read 12:00 (or maybe it was 00:00) you take ten steps and stop, you hear a laugh. From there, you need to find where Lisa is coming from out of 3 possible locations, you do that and get another laugh. Then the phone rings and you pick it up. You def don't need a microphone, I never had one and I can get it every time. You can't get caught by Lisa or it resets.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
after that episode of TGD i cannot look at P.T. and think it's connected to Silent Hills. It's very clearly a final middle finger to Konami before Kojima was fired. A statement and nothing more. (a damn good one, i might go replay it)

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Once you get the clock to read 12:00 (or maybe it was 00:00) you take ten steps and stop, you hear a laugh. From there, you need to find where Lisa is coming from out of 3 possible locations, you do that and get another laugh. Then the phone rings and you pick it up. You def don't need a microphone, I never had one and I can get it every time. You can't get caught by Lisa or it resets.

If you truly finished the game without any mic or anything that records your voice like PS Cam or something contact Lance because he looked through the code and the only way to achieve the ending involved the mic. He was asking for people that saying that they beat the demo without mic but no one really came.

The steps, described by an old PS blog and verified by Lance are

1) ten steps
2) say Jack
3) stand still when the pad vibrates

this makes the phone rings

The old PS Blog where these 3 steps were already hinted

Theres this dialogue in the game, reversed

I walked till I stood one pace before Jack

Heart pounding
I whispered his name
But the night wind stole his voice away
In the moment our hands overlap
We share in an instant of private darkness
His touch, cold as marble
Cold, and shivering all over
Never moving a step, his hand in mine,
I waited for it to pass.

And through the mists of waning consciousness
I thought I heard a phone ring.

You've been chosen.

Last edited:

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Konami had literal gold in their hands and let in all slip through their fingers.
after that episode of TGD i cannot look at P.T. and think it's connected to Silent Hills. It's very clearly a final middle finger to Konami before Kojima was fired. A statement and nothing more. (a damn good one, i might go replay it)
What is TGD? This sounds interesting.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
If you truly finished the game without any mic or anything that records your voice like PS Cam or something contact Lance because he looked through the code and the only way to achieve the ending involved the mic. He was asking for people that saying that they beat the demo without mic but no one really came.
Ah shit, I don't have a twitter or I would. I run through it every once in a while and I don't even have a mic. Maybe I can use the Playstation streaming thing to make a video and send it to him. He doesn't have anything about finding the sound, Lisa makes very distinct sounds from distinct locations, if you go stand there and stay still you will get the second laugh, I'm not saying that speaking won't do it too, I just never tried it

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Konami had literal gold in their hands and let in all slip through their fingers.

What is TGD? This sounds interesting.

www.youtube.com

P.T.'s Hidden Meaning

♪ Is this heaven, or is this hell? ♪♪ Through a silver screen, you're sayin' what you mean ♪♪ But I can't tell ♪Sources:https://pastebin.com/xHUB0GwqMusic:Ch...

The great debate. Videos talking about silent hill between bobvids and voidburger

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still hope Kojima tackles horror with Del Toro and Junji Ito after DS. Could even use Keanu as the protag.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
I truly believe that silent hills was never actual a game or well when PT was released it wasnt gonna happen. That kojima had this sitting around and finished it up as a fuck you to konami

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need to download with that proxy trick and try it again. The first time I played it I found it fun, but nothing more. But still had a good time. Wouldn't mind a replay.

Aug 12, 2019
Legitimate question, what work has been done to preserve PT? I know that I still have my original download from ages ago... but I'm always terrified of losing the demo in the event my PS4 eats it (I should really look into backing it up...). I feel like this demo is such an important, albeit small, part of gaming history that needs to be preserved in some fashion.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude even that breakdown was spooky.

Narrator: "Let's take a stroll down the corridor and investigate the bathtub."

Me: "What the hell are you doing?!"