• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Great, my PS4 will be worth a million dollars in the future!
drevil_cover.jpg

Fuck Konami.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
ok wait, but is there any way to really sell a PS4 with PT on it?
I asked this in the other thread. You can activate the PS4, disconnect it from the internet, and sell it like that - but make sure to change your PSN password before you sell it. Buyer must be warned to never connect it online, and for as long as it stays offline, the games that are on it (including P.T.) will all work.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I know I should be defiant but I'm starting to think it might be time for me to let go of P.T. You can't really sell it without also selling your Playstation Account so there's simply no real reason to keep it other than playing it in the future.

Let the PasT die. Kill it, if you have to.

Apr 28, 2020
I asked this in the other thread. You can activate the PS4, disconnect it from the internet, and sell it like that - but make sure to change your PSN password before you sell it. Buyer must be warned to never connect it online, and for as long as it stays offline, the games that are on it (including P.T.) will all work.
Thanks! Makes sense. Funny that person can't connect it to the internet - makes it seem even more "hidden" so to speak.

Oct 21, 2019
The P.T. worship on Era astounds me. Good for you all enjoying the demo so much - I just don't understand keeping a console for it.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if there's anything beyond being petty.

- Promising a game on the final cutscene that will never be released?

- Licensing stuff?

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
The P.T. worship on Era astounds me. Good for you all enjoying the demo so much - I just don't understand keeping a console for it.

To this day, there is no better "game" to introduce people to what is possible in gaming nowadays: I have friends that never liked gaming and were astounded by it (two of them even bought PS4s after playing the thing).

It's a great experience and I will miss it not only for what it represents as an important piece of art, but as my favorite horror "game" ever.

All that said, I won't keep my PS4 for it, but wouldn't judge people who are in a position to do it.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that it worked and then Konami explicitly requested it to be removed is Konami explicitly giving everyone the finger for no good reason other than to do it.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
Most likely. Given the situation surrounding the game, I doubt it was tested for BC compatibility, and from Sony's perspective, I imagine it makes more sense to cut off avenues of unofficial support than allow users to run a game that could -- as infinitesimal as the possibility may be -- cause stability issues.
That does make sense, but it's still disappointing

Nathaniel_Wu

Apr 6, 2018
I know people have saved the pkg file, the only hope for preservation is that someone makes a working PS4 emulator that can run P.T.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That is technically piracy.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
That is technically piracy.
P.T. never cost any money, so if you only have this one free game on the disk, that is removed from the existence otherwise, I don't see what is being pirated? If you also include games that cost money and can be purchased, then I see the point.

I think when you go online, it'll invalidate it. The problem is, I think you need to go online to sign in to your account at least once. So it's unavoidable.
Ah yeah... that's true. It won't let you play the games from the external HDD unless you sign into the account. Not that it would make much sense to have a PS5 that you can't connect online anyway.

linhost

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I go for long enough without playing my ps4 and then try to play any of my digital titles it tells me it needs to check or refresh the license. I then have to connect to PSN and validate that I own the titles.

Is this not the same thing for everyone (fwiw same thing on my PS3)?

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
If I go for long enough without playing my ps4 and then try to play any of my digital titles it tells me it needs to check or refresh the license. I then have to connect to PSN and validate that I own the titles.

Is this not the same thing for everyone (fwiw same thing on my PS3)?
I think that happens when your console is not set as "Primary"

Royce

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I do wonder if there's anything beyond being petty.

- Promising a game on the final cutscene that will never be released?

- Licensing stuff?
I don't see why these would matter since P.T is only available to those who downloaded it back then. The lack of digital ownership should be illegal, honestly. If I get a free promo poster for an upcoming movie, and they decide to cancel that movie, no-one would come and that it away from me.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
So what's stopping me from logging in to my ps5, disconnecting from the internet, plugging in my external hdd, and play PT. When I'm done, plugging it out and then getting back on the internet?

Just never play PT while on the internet on your ps5

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is so petty. Damn it Konami, just let people who already have it in their libraries play it on their PS5s.

Nathaniel_Wu

Apr 6, 2018
So what's stopping me from logging in to my ps5, disconnecting from the internet, plugging in my external hdd, and play PT. When I'm done, plugging it out and then getting back on the internet?

Just never play PT while on the internet on your ps5
The blacklist/whitelist is probably downloaded to the console when you login, so it doesn't matter if you play online or offline

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm surprised Konami haven't sent the Yakuza to bust down doors to confiscate any PS4s with PT still in it.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
HI my name is Mr Konami. Fuck you.

Sincerely,
Mr. Konami

PS Play pachinko

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
So this must mean they're planning to sell us a remaster!
Fuck you, Konami.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
People should have stayed quiet when they found out that PT is playable in the PS5.

Now Konami found out.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I actually have no problem with it. It is a game i played long time ago, and i dont play it anymore. Im fine if i cant play it