• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Aug 26, 2019

Esaki began to "rattle off" a number of new features coming to the next installment in the racing franchise, including a "new tire model [and] new tire pressure model", explaining that Turn 10 has developed "a new way that heat interacts with the tire pressure, and we actually have dynamic track temperatures affecting this all."

"We have dynamic rubbering-in on track", continued Esaki, "a new atmosphere pressure system that accurately has pressure affecting things like air density affecting tire dynamics and power [and] an entirely new suspension system with new suspension modeling. I'm missing about 15 other things that's all under the hood, and that's just kind of the moment-to-moment, rubber meets the road experience."

Esaki finished with the promise that the studio will be revealing much more about the game "next year", suggesting it could well be in the works for Microsoft's next-gen console, the Xbox Series X, which is also set to launch in 2020.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Speaking on a recent Forza-themed Mixer stream (from around the 57:30 mark), Turn 10 Creative Director Chris Esaki revealed that the studio recently held its "first playtest for the new [Forza Motorsport] experience", teasing that the "overall product and where we're going with it is so vastly a different and amazing experience."

Esaki began to "rattle off" a number of new features coming to the next installment in the racing franchise, including a "new tire model [and] new tire pressure model", explaining that Turn 10 has developed "a new way that heat interacts with the tire pressure, and we actually have dynamic track temperatures affecting this all."

"We have dynamic rubbering-in on track", continued Esaki, "a new atmosphere pressure system that accurately has pressure affecting things like air density affecting tire dynamics and power [and] an entirely new suspension system with new suspension modeling. I'm missing about 15 other things that's all under the hood, and that's just kind of the moment-to-moment, rubber meets the road experience."

Esaki finished with the promise that the studio will be revealing much more about the game "next year", suggesting it could well be in the works for Microsoft's next-gen console, the Xbox Series X, which is also set to launch in 2020.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I mean sure
no surprise
Sequel to bi-annual franachise in developement
shocking
(ok seems like they took a break this year but I guess thats what happens when theres a new gen on the Horizon(pun not intended))

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are they building this one from scratch? Seems obvious that it would be playable if it were another iterative Forza game.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Well, I'm not surprised honestly. I still can't believe this game will be available with the console and on Game Pass at D1.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Are they building this one from scratch? Seems obvious that it would be playable if it were another iterative Forza game.
According to some rumors and some official stuff a few people posted in the Xbox OT they are.

Regardless I'm excited, haven't been into the regular FM for a while only the Horizon games because of my preference for Gran Turismo's feel but I didn't buy sport because I'm not into online racing so I'm ready to give it a go again with FM8.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Forza 7 ran at 4K 60fps on Xbox One X, I could see them targeting 4K 120fps for Series X.
lol. Forza 7, as good as it looked sacrificed some things to get to 4k/60fps on the X. Cut-out trees amongst the biggest cut backs. FM8 will be 4k/60fps, dynamic TOD and weather, 3d crowds, better physics, improved lighting and trees that don't look like they came out of children's pop up book.

Jun 10, 2018
lol. Forza 7, as good as it looked sacrificed some things to get to 4k/60fps on the X. Cut-out trees amongst the biggest cut backs. FM8 will be 4k/60fps, dynamic TOD and weather, 3d crowds, better physics, improved lighting and trees that don't look like they came out of children's pop up book.
They could easily offer a performance mode in either case. Microsoft needs some first party titles that showcases Series X's capabilities.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
They could easily offer a performance mode in either case. Microsoft needs some first party titles that showcases Series X's capabilities.
You don't think a game running at 4k native, 60fps, Dynamic TOD & Dynamic Weather, Improved Physics, Tire Models, Lighting and 3d Tree's/crowds is not going to be impressive and showcase the Series X capabilities? What I wrote is asking a lot and take some PC racing games and if you crank everything up to the highest settings, most high-end rigs have a hard time hitting Native 4k/60fps with all the bells and whistles turned up.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Is it an bi-annual franchise or not? Your statement contradict each other
Since the begining there has been a Forza game every two years, and in 2012 they started filling the gaps inbetween with Horizon and all of them have been selling great, so it's no surprise there's one coming, so the title of that article is kinda "no shit Sherlock".
It's just that 2019 seems to have been an exception to the rule, most likely because of ther new consoles coming.
BUt that doesn't really undermine my point, ther's no surprise in a nother Forza game being in development and because of the gap it's definitly a next-gen title.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It's seemed pretty clear for a while now that Halo Infinite and FM8 will be the main launch titles.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
XSX look so sexy together. reminds me of the excellent snowboarding game SSX on my PS2.

I have a feeling this game is going to look photorealistic.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they are going to make it a hardcore racing sim? I always felt like Forza Motorsport was more realistic than Horizons, but not enough to really differentiate it for me.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
Not a huge fan of Motorsport series, but I gotta say.... Turn 10 is fast when it comes to development.

Sure... there's Gran Turismo, Asseto Corsa, Project Cars. All of them has something unique or better when analyzing them individually, but none of them releases titles as fast as Turn 10. And most of them are truly sequels, not a refreshed content (well except Forza 5, that's the only one I think it's the weakest of the franchise, a long side with 3).

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
I hope they remove or allow to turn off that homologation stuff and let us build up a shitty car into a mutant beast to use all the way through if we want..

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how aggressive they're going to be with their launch lineup? With Halo Infinite at launch, I can see them spreading things out a bit and releasing Motorsport in 2021. Maybe early summer? Then again, it's two completely different genres so they'll most likely have it ready for launch.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whilst none of those details mean anything to me, I'm interested in how gorgeous it looks, but sim racers aren't games I can get into.

Forza Horizon on the other hand is a game I want as much as next gen Spiderman 2, Zelda or Halo. Please be set in Tokyo though, that needs to happen.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
If this and Halo really deliver a top notch experience that's going to be a hell of a day one lineup.

Also, it would be really cool if Playground update Forza Horizon 4 for the Series X launch so it can run at 4K and 60fps.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Turn 10 pretty much confirm it themselves a few weeks ago..?

I remember one of the devs saying they got fancy tire physics up and running for it.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Long ago, I had sources suggest to me that a "Forza Motorsport X" was in production, designed as a living-service game a la League Of Legends in terms of f2p/paid acquisition of cars. I wonder if that model would work for Xbox Game Pass. Hmm.