• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Orisa

General

• Base armor reduced from 250 to 200
Halt!

• Radius reduced from 7 to 4 meters
  • Projectile speed increased from 20 to 30

Sigma

Experimental Barrier

• Health reduced from 900 to 700
  • Regeneration rate reduced from 120 to 80 per second
Kinetic Grasp

• Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds

*Looks at patch notes*

Wait a minute
  1. Severely increase Halt's cooldoown (12+ seconds). Too impactful, very abusable, cooldown is too fast. Alternatively, nerf area of effect to like 5 meters. Ideally both.
  2. Remove at least 50-75HP armor and turn it to normal health. Orisa already has fortify, that 40% damage reduction with armor makes her a fucking unkillable anti-CC machine.
For Sigma:
  1. Reduce barrier health even more to like 600. Decrease recovery from 120 per second to 80. Solidify Sigma's place as an offtank with tons of utility, but not something that should be so damn oppresive. Like the Brig shield of tanks.
  2. Increase Grasp cooldown to 12+ seconds. Buff how much % he transforms into health (70%)

Again, just spitballin, but that's the general direction I'd like them to take.

Actual genius. Doing Blizzard's job.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Oh FUCK I forgot that Brig had 250 HP and 50 of it was armour

So now she's still tankiest healer with 200 HP, cause 50 of it is still armour

Okay that makes more sense

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
They really need to rework Brig at this point. I love the idea of a Paladin-type healer but I don't think it's possible to balance her as is. She's no longer fun to play since you can't get up in the action without getting melted (unless you have a really good team backing you up).

Make every tank an off tank and remove shields completely. These can't be balanced either and the game will be more fun without them.

This game really needs a radical overhaul to make it fun again (for my friends and I)

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
They really need to rework Brig at this point. I love the idea of a Paladin-type healer but I don't think it's possible to balance her as is. She's no longer fun to play since you can't get up in the action without getting melted (unless you have a really good team backing you up).

Make every tank an off tank and remove shields completely. These can't be balanced either and the game will be more fun without them.

This game really needs a radical overhaul to make it fun again (for my friends and I)
This goes back to a point brought up by Plat Chat, where if shields are gone, maps will have to be reworked heavily. Imagine King's Row, or even Junkertown without any shields and good Widows all around. You could balance damage around, but ultimately the game would have to be changed at a fundamental level to have way more cover than it does now

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
This goes back to a point brought up by Plat Chat, where if shields are gone, maps will have to be reworked heavily. Imagine King's Row, or even Junkertown without any shields and good Widows all around. You could balance damage around, but ultimately the game would have to be changed at a fundamental level to have way more cover than it does now
Or you could just get rid of Widow 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
This ^ lol. Long Range characters still exist that could easily pick you off that aren't Widow. Also imagine being in a shitty team going against a Pha-Mercy in any open map without shields. Fun

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
and Torb, Bap, Ana, Hanzo, Ashe, Mei, Bastion, Genji, Echo, Mccree, Orisa, Zen
Of those, only Hanzo is a one-shot kill from anywhere on the map. Of those, you can use map geometry and weakened shields to hide from and deal with appropriately. And of those, none of them can utterly disable access to entire swaths of a map at a time without adequate shields.

It's really only Widowmaker that necessitates the existence of shields (and even then, only at higher levels).

BPK

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying playing as Echo. I find flying a bit hard with a controller set-up on ps4, but I use that ability to move laterally and get out of sticky situations. Her kit is a lot of fun.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Played so much LucioBall last night that my fucking dreams were about LucioBall. And even in them I was losing more than winning. Rargh.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I thought of you instantly when the new modes were announced!
Haha, I've been having a lot of fun on Remix! Being a goalie is some extra pressure, or if you're on the field you can be a sneakity-sneak and get a random ball in when the goalie gets distracted on the other side. Even with the extra obstacles for wall-riding I've been having trouble navigating with the floaty air physics, but all in all it's such a fun improvement on original Lucioball. It'll be all I'm doing for the next few weeks. xD

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Haha, I've been having a lot of fun on Remix! Being a goalie is some extra pressure, or if you're on the field you can be a sneakity-sneak and get a random ball in when the goalie gets distracted on the other side. Even with the extra obstacles for wall-riding I've been having trouble navigating with the floaty air physics, but all in all it's such a fun improvement on original Lucioball. It'll be all I'm doing for the next few weeks. xD
Definitely my thoughts too. The scoring angles are crazy!

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Well that was a first ---- our Ana complaining she has to heal so much.......our other healer was Zen.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a first ---- our Ana complaining she has to heal so much.......our other healer was Zen.
That's a support main that's had enough. xD

Also, LOOK WHAT MY FRIEND GOT ME YESTERDAY:

20200808_180515.jpg

You are going riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight next to the big boy statue, my little friend.

Oct 27, 2017

I think most Ana mains (and most support mains in general) would sympathise! There are some games where you're constantly on the back-foot and are just non-stop healing, and it's frustrating as every grenade you use to keep someone alive is a grenade you can't use to anti-heal the enemy. Plus, there's this sense that you're having a negative effect on the team as even if you're playing incredibly, all you're really doing is extending lost fights and giving the enemy ult charge.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Can you guys check this replay HA5ZTS on enemy Mcree. That look suspect right? Btw, this is gold rank in southeast asia.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Just give Winston 2 leap charges. It's clear they lost the point when they gave Hanzo an escape and buffed Widow's escape.

Oct 27, 2017

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Played a bit of Sigma on Experimental. Changes are obviously a nerf but he's still very playable. Barrier has to be used more to dissuade enemy angles than just straight up cover though.

Didnt help that the enemy team had a braindead Junkrat that thought the solution to everything was charge straight at me every time he saw me. I dunno if I accidentally pissed him off early in the match by killing him or what, but he was just pressing W and firing at me every time he saw me. Free ultimate charge for me every time. I'll see how he plays in more regular scenarios when it goes live I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Juicy bit from Super's stream that might be clipped out there, seems in the OWL Pro/Dev Discord, the Dev team was looking for feedback since they want to have a meta that is exciting to watch ready for Playoffs (Sept 3). So together with this experimental we currently have, we might be seeing some more interesting changes in the next few weeks.

EDIT: Someone did clip it:

Last edited:

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Wow that was a very clear hacker on Overwatch. Zarya getting her ult off every 30 secons, which saw her get it after only attacking me as dva for a short bit.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Juicy bit from Super's stream that might be clipped out there, seems in the OWL Pro/Dev Discord, the Dev team was looking for feedback since they want to have a meta that is exciting to watch ready for Playoffs (Sept 3). So together with this experimental we currently have, we might be seeing some more interesting changes in the next few weeks.

EDIT: Someone did clip it:

Not surprised. I think the devs have wanted to get rid of double shield for a while. At this point they're like, "hey owl players, help us get rid of this garbage"

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Has there been a big uptick on new players? Or do more people create smurf accounts? Seems like every game I play nowadays has like 2-4 level 1-20.

She used to be one of my mains, now I barely play as her. Her heal is laughably bad as well... its such a huge cooldown for this measly little sprite heal.

If you got rid of Shields completely, you'd make like 10% of the players happy but lose the majority of them. Not everyone wants to dodge Widow/Hanzo fire all day.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
He's not doing it constantly but he does this flick towards the torso a few times that ends up in the same area consistently

Boy southeast asia server sure is fun. Funny thing is when I called him on it, everyone ---- as in both the enemy and my own teammates said I was being disrespectful. I can't even.
Has there been a big uptick on new players? Or do more people create smurf accounts? Seems like every game I play nowadays has like 2-4 level 1-20.
Safe to say it's just smurfs.