• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone experiencing an issue where the sound is lower in Overwatch compared to other games. Not sure if its because of the most recent Windows up, but i have to crank my headphones volume to max when i play Overwatch when I used to keep it at 50% or so. I tested with other games (CoD, Sea of Thieves) and the volume is still normal in those games.

I double checked my Overwatch settings and the in-game sliders are set to 100. I also did a scan&repair of the game install.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
If you updated your W10 recently that is the reason probably. It happens all the time with W10 updates.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
It would also stop bad players from being able to actually heal. And it's not a lock-on, it's a bigger hitbox.
There is still a degree of lock-on, because you can stop aiming at them and turn almost like 90 degrees (if you're physically close to them) to still stick onto them for a little bit.

If they made Moira's right click a beam like Sym, the easiest way to balance that would be to make it do more damage (possibly even headshot damage!) and grant more healing juice. This way, lower-tier players still have a relatively easy healer.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to get this Genji deflect trophy might be the death of me. Good news is I'm getting better at Genji while his buff is coming soon.
Of all the characters in the game I think I can safely say I suck ass as Genji, Doomfist, and wrecking ball.
Oh and if anyone wants some tips on how to get the rapid discord trophy/achievement I've got a clip that will probably piss you off.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone dying for OW2 news?
Yes. Mostly for PvE updates. New maps and heroes and the new mode are cool, but expected. The PvE (story and hero missions) is completely new with new systems. How many new types of enemies, how long is the campaign, how replayable and customizable is it? Etc. etc.

High hopes.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Anyone dying for OW2 news?
What I would truly love for OW2 is more customization. Not just skins that change the character and gun, but attachments, more cosmetic options. I would also love to have more incentives than just loot boxes... Looking over at Valorant even if the game isn't for me, I do see some cool stuff with their battle pass and market place with not only weapon skins, but little keychains and even different animations. Character skins are dope, but what you see on screen 100% of the time is the character's weapon, so let us make it our own

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Me: Alright we won the fight. Let's hope my team doesn't C9

Teammate on Mic: Let's push them!

Me: Oh, oh no.

Teammates:

I knew it was going to happen too because I was the one pushing the cart the entire match while the team pushed up.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Has anyone here ever tried gifting loot boxes? I want to gift them to a friend but they live in Canada so I don't know if that's possible. Or if they receive the gift but aren't able to open them cause of regional differences.

I think there shouldn't be a problem since both CA and USA are under NA.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I would be happy if they changed Moira's primary to a beam
I find her super boring to play as she is but beam weapons are really fun in this game (especially when a Genji tries to reflect them) so it would be a positive change for me

as she is, I'd say she's my least favorite healer to play right now, with Zen probably being my favorite
nothing about he kit does anything for me and I only play her in matches where my teammates can't reliably get eliminations or protect me if I'm Ana or Zen

I would also appreciate some Ana nerfs
I really still cannot believe she can negate 100% of healing as a cooldown ability

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Moira's changes not going live,
Hey folks!

Earlier this afternoon, we ended our most recent test on the Experimental Card - thanks to everyone that participated in the experiment while it was up. If you missed it, check out the Past Experiments notes: HERE

Overall, this test was meant to take a balance pass at some of the heroes we feel are not currently in-line with their counterparts. We saw lots of discussion and feedback surrounding two heroes in particular: Genji and Moira. So, we wanted to take a moment to share some insights into what we were trying to achieve, as well as some learnings from the experiment.

GENJI:
We are generally trying to find a stronger niche for Genji, especially now that he's competing against both Echo and Doomfist as a mobile burst damage hero. In this experiment, we tested pushing his strength towards dealing with hitscan heroes through Deflect. Additionally, we made adjustments to his Shuriken damage and Secondary Fire spread to improve his close range damage consistency. We feel both of these changes are getting us closer to our overall goal of bringing Genji in line with our other mobile burst damage heroes.

MOIRA:
We've been having a lot of internal discussion and playtesting to find the right place for Moira. Moira's damage is especially powerful because it heals her and is fairly easy to use. In this test, we were looking for ways to decrease Moira's damage while maintaining her overall power level by increasing her healing per second on Primary Fire. From the start we were pretty hesitant about these changes, but we wanted to give players a chance to play and provide opinions as well – that's the beauty of Experimental Card! We're glad we did the experiment, but we feel that this test still doesn't hit our goals for Moira overall. We'll be reverting these changes for now, but will continue iterating on changes for Moira - so you may see more experiments for her in the near future.

Thank you again to everyone who participated in the Experimental Card. Please continue to provide your thoughts and feedback!
us.forums.blizzard.com

Experimental Card Recap - June 5

Hey folks! Earlier this afternoon, we ended our most recent test on the Experimental Card - thanks to everyone that participated in the experiment while it was up. If you missed it, check out the Past Experiments notes: HERE. Overall, this test was meant to take a balance pass at some of the...

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017

us.forums.blizzard.com

Hey folks! Earlier this afternoon, we ended our most recent test on the Experimental Card - thanks to everyone that participated in the experiment while it was up. If you missed it, check out the Past Experiments notes: HERE. Overall, this test was meant to take a balance pass at some of the...
Good. You can't just add nerfed Moira and buffed Genji at the same time. Pick one.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México

us.forums.blizzard.com

Hopefully this means an entire rework is in order.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Mostly for PvE updates. New maps and heroes and the new mode are cool, but expected. The PvE (story and hero missions) is completely new with new systems. How many new types of enemies, how long is the campaign, how replayable and customizable is it? Etc. etc.

High hopes.
What I would truly love for OW2 is more customization. Not just skins that change the character and gun, but attachments, more cosmetic options. I would also love to have more incentives than just loot boxes... Looking over at Valorant even if the game isn't for me, I do see some cool stuff with their battle pass and market place with not only weapon skins, but little keychains and even different animations. Character skins are dope, but what you see on screen 100% of the time is the character's weapon, so let us make it our own

My sleep pattern is beyond broken. Every day, I wake up after midnight, gather the boys and play ranked till 5 am or so. Repeat.

OW is like, the only game I played during the on-going pandemic. There was like 4 hours of Streets Of Rage 4 but nothing compared to OW.

I hope we get more news soon. I want more OW and cannot be satisfied with buffing and nerfing current roster.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
This is the second time Moira changes didn't go live (first was her stupid fade).

This also begs the question: who was OK with Bastion buffs in last experimental? Lol

Oct 27, 2017
Good. You can't just add nerfed Moira and buffed Genji at the same time. Pick one.

Pretty much. If Genji becomes meta (which I think he might), then there's going to be no real scope to play Moira anyway, as you'll need an Ana for the Nano blade and a Lucio or Zen to counter the enemy blade (although with his buffs, I'm not sure you can reliably charge a defensive ult before he gets his blade any more).

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. If Genji becomes meta (which I think he might), then there's going to be no real scope to play Moira anyway, as you'll need an Ana for the Nano blade and a Lucio or Zen to counter the enemy blade (although with his buffs, I'm not sure you can reliably charge a defensive ult before he gets his blade any more).

Lucio maybe but with Nano blade, I find the best counter is to kill him fast or try again in the next push if there is one. It's an annoying combo and Genji is strong on ladder without the buffs thanks to Ana and Mercy back again.

Throw a Bab field, stun him/focus fire is better than defensive ults imo.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
So playing Bioshock Infinite made more confident to play dps again. OMG I am having fun again but you cant do much without proper tank. I mean I know its only Quick play, because I am not ready comp yet, but Jesus......

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So playing Bioshock Infinite made more confident to play dps again. OMG I am having fun again but you cant do much without proper tank. I mean I know its only Quick play, because I am not ready comp yet, but Jesus......
Yeah I don't know if its me but I'm noticing less and less tank players who know what to do on the role. I'm guessing people have had enough of having that kind of pressure on them? makes sense

Soiks

Oct 27, 2017
The act of playing as a Tank, on a team that is all pulling in the same direction is legit the best feeling I've had playing this game. When you're making plays and your team backs you up or you're peeling to save a support, in the knowledge the other tank won't fuck up in your absence, moments like that add up to make games that are extremely enjoyable even if you lose.

The problem is those games feel like they've become less common as the games lifespan has gone on, due to a number of factors. The amount of damage and healing creep has reduced the level of tankiness and can often lead to incidents where a mistake for a split second just ends up with you exploding into tiny pieces through the immense damage. The nerfs to shields, while a necessary evil in an attempt to kill double shield, haven't helped in this manner either.

Another issue is that the game itself is basically useless about explaining what the role of a tank is and how they should be played. There's no info about any concept like spacing, using the map geometry for cover, which tanks work together and any number of other aspects that would help people play better as tanks. For as mad as I get when I have to play with a Hog who spends the game flanking, looking for kills and feeding, what reason is there to expect more? The game encourages you to do so. You get a nice sound effect and pop-up text when you flank to kill a squishy, as opposed to a small pretty unnoticable pop-up when you're blocking damage with a shield to help your team.

But the biggest issue for me and the one that has pretty much turned me off playing tank for the forseeable future is brought upon by a combination of all these. Tanking to me began to feel like I was reliant on everyone else in the game not ruining it for me. And sadly that's something I felt I couldn't rely on enough to make it worth my time.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Playing with a flanker Moira on my team and just general absolute stupidity for my entire team for positioning

I dont claim to be a master of mechanical skill but this game has been out for 4 fucking years and people still trickle in and do other horrendously dumb shit

It is amazing

Edit: just had a junk rat who would keep shooting into Sigma when he was eating shit and a Rein who would not move forward with his barrier

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Since when does Ashe's dynamite bounce off shields wtf

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Since when does Ashe's dynamite bounce off shields wtf

pretty sure it has always done that

i can say this with authority being a tank main

also yeah i said last time i would stop playing tank but ugh i can't help it i love rein, zarya, and winston too much. sigma is also just too fun!

but also yes what Soiks said is all true

i'm just too stubborn to stop queuing for the role completely!

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Is Doom's Meteor Strike bugged or something? I tried to move the circle into enemies yesterday but it moved by itself to a completely different location. 2x in different matches. Felt like it didn't read my commands correctly or something. Worked flawless the other times I tried.

Mar 22, 2019
After all these years...I still default to Junkrat and Mercy.
None of the other Hero's ever held my interest.

Currenly Level 71...I think I need help breaking outta this...

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Okay idk if this is a PS4 thing but what's with leavers this weekend? I'm literally either getting people leaving right at the start of the game, or right in the middle of the match. I mean I get leavers once in a while but these past 2 days it's actually been an insane amount.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah I don't know if its me but I'm noticing less and less tank players who know what to do on the role. I'm guessing people have had enough of having that kind of pressure on them? makes sense

Idk I mean I just had this match yesterday agaisnt this Wrecking Ball who legit rolled into our team and died, EVERY fight! Despite this it took so long for us to finally push the payload to the end. After four minutes we only got it in overtime 😂 their zarya was hard carrying to make up for their ball feeding so hard. Another match I had a Winston jump and die or produced zero pressure on the enemy team.

These cats never switched either for some reason 🤔

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Okay idk if this is a PS4 thing but what's with leavers this weekend? I'm literally either getting people leaving right at the start of the game, or right in the middle of the match. I mean I get leavers once in a while but these past 2 days it's actually been an insane amount.

Same on Xbox but it's probably also a servers issue.

Getting a lot of servers closed due to unexpected error too.

Pandemic and all.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
They need to be way, way stricter about qp leavers.

As if these matches last that long.
Dropping early out of any match should result in an instant 5-10 minute matchmaking ban. Nothing unreasonable, but enough time that it's faster just to stick out the match. Granted, that could lead to more people throwing in protest, but I'd rather take my chances that the person just plays it out vs knowing you're definitely down a person.[/QUOTE]

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Dropping early out of any match should result in an instant 5-10 minute matchmaking ban. Nothing unreasonable, but enough time that it's faster just to stick out the match. Granted, that could lead to more people throwing in protest, but I'd rather take my chances that the person just plays it out vs knowing you're definitely down a person.
The problem with that is if a disconnect happens then the person can't rejoin the match they left.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
What with the players this weekend. I haven't had a single win in two days as I keep getting the bad teams or a team with a very obvious cheating player.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
What with the players this weekend. I haven't had a single win in two days as I keep getting the bad teams or a team with a very obvious cheating player.

Its also the last weekend of the event and also a double xp weekend. Probably drags in some bad players.

Last week I was trying to do the 9 wins for the weekly rewards and it took me almost 5 hours to get those 9 wins in quick play. The games were shit and I was not having fun.

On a related note, I did my competitive deathmatch placements, which went sort of ok, except for the one game where I got put on east coast servers and couldn't hit anything because I had 90 ping.