• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Ult denying is not a thing you should play D.Va for. It's a plus, a huge one, but not character defining.
I mean...no one is saying that. But denying enemy ults can be literally gaming winning, so making that harder is going to be a meganerf to her even if it's not THE single thing you'd pick her for.

Also, that McCree change legit looks OP. Maybe it isn't OP, but it looks scary as heck.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Yes!!!! Teleporter QOL change. Now reduce the deploy time a bit and Sym should be in a good place.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, out of 10 lootboxes, all legendaries bar one have been coins or an old skin. Only got the Winston demon one for now, really want Hog, Mei and DVa

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Got another legendary skin (Schoolgirl D.Va) last night, so that makes one in about 8 boxes from the event so far not counting the guaranteed box you get from logging in.

McCree always felt slow when firing (and walking, and jumping, and anything that wasn't FTH'ing) so I'm interested in seeing how the change shakes out.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I hope there's 52 heroes one day just so they can release a deck of cards based on the Anniversary sprays.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Haven't made a video in a long-ass time thanks to Sekiro and Days Gone, but... I made a thing! If you wanna' see a PS4 scrub just havin' fun, I got yer back.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
played my first comp match of the season today

six minute Busan match with me as D.Va with three healers (Lucio, Zen, and Brig)
I didn't die once lol

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you want a guranteed "2-2-2 enforcement" just use Find-Group (w/ role lock), but please don't afk sabotage the game for others because there are 3+ dps on your team in solo-Q.

Also, you can try asking your team to change heroes:
"Can one of the dps switch to support, so we have 2 healers?"
(sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't).
Find group is a huge waste of time, you spend ages building a group and the moment a game looks like a loss at least one will start with toxic chat, one will probably quit mid game and the team will disband completely at the end. Yeah you occasionally might get a group that doesn't, but the time spent with bad groups kinda makes it moot.

...and yes of course I ask, politely, for people to switch, I make offers like "If you prefer tank I can heal instead" etc. But unless there is a smurf you can guarantee the 3/4/5 DPS will be as bad at playing as they are comp building and I just stopped caring to try support that shit. I'm happier for it. If they really cared they would switch, they don't. Why should I care if they don't.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i kinda excited for the replay system. i hope at some point we can save the VOD. but the way its very dynamic and can change perspective idk how they would do it.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Haven't made a video in a long-ass time thanks to Sekiro and Days Gone, but... I made a thing! If you wanna' see a PS4 scrub just havin' fun, I got yer back.

Chance, I'm sorry but i need to ask about that thumbnail, where could I get the bigger version of the image of that beautiful girl that appears there? :3

Thank you!.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Well, that was interesting.

Spawned into a Mirror Deathmatch game on Blizzard World map, and as is my wont to do I started popping balloons. Working my way through the map, I noticed something was wrong: I wasn't getting killed. I wasn't even getting shot at. In fact, no one was shooting at all except for me. If it weren't for someone out there occasionally using a voice taunt, you could've sworn the map was deserted.

A couple minutes into the match, the game swaps everyone into Doomfist so I elect to take a knee, because popping balloons with Doomfist isn't fun; his spread shot means it's over too quickly and then you're left with nothing to do except wait out the clock. I keep hearing that taunting voice coming from somewhere, but rather than seek out my "opponents" I hit the P button to get a look at who I'm "facing."

It's a full house all right, and what an array of players it is. Five or six of them are rocking the same player icon, so almost certainly a stack, but they're all in on it of course; they'd have to be for no one to be killing anyone. And all of the players without private accounts are very high SR players, diamond at least and even masters; the highest one I can remember was around ~4200.

When my time as Doomfist was over, I resumed popping balloons. Didn't look for them, didn't use map chat, didn't deviate from my routine at all. The final character swap was to Widowmaker, and as I finished with the balloons and moved on to the condiments and drinks, I kept hearing one of them spamming the "A single death..." voice taunt. But the clock wound down, the match ended, and it was over with zero kills for everyone.

Play of the game was me, taking a knee as Doomfist. :O

Last edited:

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
after playing a bunch of paladins, I would very much appreciate a simpler and easily readable graphic showing you when you're being healed and who is healing you.
I liked how Team Fortress 2 showed the name & health of your healer, so you'll know when they are taking damaged and/or getting flanked.
aid259653-v4-728px-Play-a-Heavy-in-Team-Fortress-2-Step-2.jpg

The worst part about that "OWL" UI is that it's not even unique to OWL. Go join a full custom game and you'll see the same UI while you spectate it. It's probably in every modes you spectate, but I rarely spectate a friend's match to remember.
It's in the base game! It's probably a stupid switch to activate for Blizzard.
I noticed that too, also the UI for Event modes (JunkerTown, Archives) shows teammates health/status as well. I hope they hit that "switch" for competitive, QP and arcade soon.
Find group is a huge waste of time, you spend ages building a group and the moment a game looks like a loss at least one will start with toxic chat, one will probably quit mid game and the team will disband completely at the end. Yeah you occasionally might get a group that doesn't, but the time spent with bad groups kinda makes it moot.

...and yes of course I ask, politely, for people to switch, I make offers like "If you prefer tank I can heal instead" etc. But unless there is a smurf you can guarantee the 3/4/5 DPS will be as bad at playing as they are comp building and I just stopped caring to try support that shit. I'm happier for it. If they really cared they would switch, they don't. Why should I care if they don't.
Yes, find-group will sometimes have toxic and/or leaver teammates, but it'll solve your #1 problem of getting "3/4/5 DPS" comps. Also remember that having 3+ dps doesn't necessarily mean you'll lose, I've won games with 3-4 dps team comps before. But intentionally going afk to throw the game ensures that you'll lose the game.

Lastly, can I ask what rank SR are you?

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Thanks for the updates, this is one of my favorite OverWatch video series, plus he said he's going to continue the "Thought Process" series with other aspect of the game.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked how Team Fortress 2 showed the name & health of your healer, so you'll know when they are taking damaged and/or getting flanked.
aid259653-v4-728px-Play-a-Heavy-in-Team-Fortress-2-Step-2.jpg

I noticed that too, also the UI for Event modes (JunkerTown, Archives) shows teammates health/status as well. I hope they hit that "switch" for competitive, QP and arcade soon.

Yes, find-group will sometimes have toxic and/or leaver teammates, but it'll solve your #1 problem of getting "3/4/5 DPS" comps. Also remember that having 3+ dps doesn't necessarily mean you'll lose, I've won games with 3-4 dps team comps before. But intentionally going afk to throw the game ensures that you'll lose the game.

Lastly, can I ask what rank SR are you?

It's a matter of putting value on my time, the LFG process is slow and doesn't necessarily work a lot of the time, going afk by myself in bad games is a much more valuable use of time.

I'm like 25?? Right now. My going afk doesn't make a difference really as I'm pretty sure those awful games the matchmaking intended me to lose anyway. After dropping near 400 SR due to leavers (before I did the afking) I've actually been climbing back while doing it.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I tried the mirrored deathmatch. I played 3 games. Came in last place all 3. I suck.

edit: but then I won hero gauntlet first try. ok

Last edited:

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Overwatch needs a fucking enforced PROPER tutorial system that should be mandatory at the start of each season. Having a trash D.Va on your team literally means a guaranteed loss, then you got a "tank main" that doesn't switch off of Rein on Dorado with the enemy Widow being uncontested with huge sightlines cause "We NeAd A sHiElD tAnK bRuH"

Fucking fuck fuck this game this is why I stopped playing but I want the skins.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Overwatch needs a fucking enforced PROPER tutorial system that should be mandatory at the start of each season. Having a trash D.Va on your team literally means a guaranteed loss, then you got a "tank main" that doesn't switch off of Rein on Dorado with the enemy Widow being uncontested with huge sightlines cause "We NeAd A sHiElD tAnK bRuH"

Fucking fuck fuck this game this is why I stopped playing but I want the skins.
You won't fix people being bad/stubborn at the game with a tutorial. How long would that tutorial even be? Why would you make it mandatory every 2 months? What a weird suggestion.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how many people want a forced 2-2-2 format (from that other thread).

I'm not really fond of the idea of putting such a limit on a fps.

I know people get frustrated with other players hero choices at times, but this is the kind of thing that'll eventually add lengthy queues, and devolve games into way too meta and restriction.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Crazy how many people want a forced 2-2-2 format (from that other thread).

I'm not really fond of the idea of putting such a limit on a fps.

I know people get frustrated with other players hero choices at times, but this is the kind of thing that'll eventually add lengthy queues, and devolve games into way too meta and restriction.
The thing is, having to fill is bad for the game. The majority of the playerbase wants to play DPS, so most of the time the people stuck with picking healer or tank roles don't necessarily want to play those roles to begin with, and probably aren't very good with them, at least compared to tank or healer mains. Locking the game down to 2-2-2 means queuing for the role you want to play. Will this lead to longer queue times for DPS players? Absolutely. But it can be argued that the quality of games will go up because everyone will be on their preferred role.

Not to mention that this also means you'll have a unique rank for each of the game's roles, so having to grind your teeth at your current competitive rank when trying to learn a new role will be a thing of the past, as will people buying second and third accounts to learn those new roles.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I got Soldier's Cyborg 76 skin, which means I can now play Soldier without getting feeling like I've dishonored my family if I don't do it too often.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Honestly I was thinking 2 2 2 is pretty dumb , the main reason is when 2 people decide to choose 2 non main healers the team can get effed easily , so I was thinking if they put "1" requirement from each role then its much better than 2 2 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.