• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Wow, this seasons placement games. I've seriously had way better QP games and these weird 3-4 stacks I keep getting paired up with aren't helping.
This has been my experience. As a main tank, mostly Rein, player I've found it many times easier to lead and encourage my team to stay together and focus in my QP matches than in ranked (around 2500). My win rate of around 40% in ranked compared to my win rate of nearly 90% in QP kind of furthers that point. It's super weird, but people seem to give more of a shit in QP, at least in the games I've been playing this and last season.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found a great team of great people all very chill and... we won three games in a row before disbanding. Was amazing! Nobody bitched. Everybody regrouped. Nobody solo dived. When this game works it works so well :(

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Found a great team of great people all very chill and... we won three games in a row before disbanding. Was amazing! Nobody bitched. Everybody regrouped. Nobody solo dived. When this game works it works so well :(

Overwatch is so good when it works.

Unfortunately 50% of the time it's filled with the worst kind of people lol.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'm watching redshell on twitch attempt an unranked to gm on dps only. He's learning the hard way how shitty low ranks can be with salty people, leavers, and throwers.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
That happened to me last night, I joined a team then went on a *huge* win-streak gaining 200+ SR in one sitting, everyone was coordinating and doing call-outs, it was great.

What made the difference was that we had a teammate who knew how to track enemy's ULTs. For example he would say things like: "Hey Lucio (me), they're about to EMP, so go hide then Drop the Beat after they do." Then literally 10 seconds later I hear Sombra say "Avocado is Useless!", so I come out to Drop the Beat, thus saving the 1st point on Numbani.
I'm watching redshell on twitch attempt an unranked to gm on dps only. He's learning the hard way how shitty low ranks can be with salty people, leavers, and throwers.
Haha, as someone in the mid-ranks (Gold/Plat), who struggles with everything you said, I need to watch this, to see how GM/T500 reacts to it. Since he's going dps only, I wonder how he'll respond when he solo-Qs into a team with no healers and no one will flex. The stream already ended so I'm watching from the beginning.

EdiT: Only 2 games into placements (record 1-1) and he's already blaming his "suck ass" team for losing.🤣

EdiT #2: After 2 matches with leavers, his requests for a 2nd healer (w/ 5 dps) is falling on deaf ears lol.

(I dont know why I'm giving edit-updates, it's just funny to see a T500 player experience the struggles of Gold/Plat solo-Qs)

Last edited:

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really need some more people to play with lol. Three DPS on the team, myself as Orisa and Hog as the other tank, but the other tank asks me to switch off Orisa for another healer 🤦 I did it, despite noting in voice the severe weakness in not having a shield, to not make the game devolve into a toxic shit hole. We then proceeded to get lit up by the enemy Mcree because he could take free shots.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
This shit right here is what is ruining the game for lower ranks. I wish they'd stop or ban this shit.

I mean, to be fair he wasn't that much better than other people since he's just a lucio one trick. That and I think he started in high gold/plat anyway, so he wasn't destroying in lower ranks.

I mean, I get why it sucks that people do that, but I am glad no one does the bronze to GM anymore(popular streamers anyway), since they probably also threw to get there. That and for a GM, anything below plat is not a challenge at all, its just bullying lower rank people. I know it sucks when I get smurfs in my gold games, but its actually something I've been seeing less of tbh. Its why I'm glad people switched to the unranked to GM rather than bronze to GM, since they often start around 2500.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, did you enjoy the last Thought Process series, but were thought too much time was given to that piece of crap Soldier 76, while including absolutely zero Tracer or Genji time? Well, this part should cover you.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
This smurfing shit is ruining the game, I know it's not gonna happen but they really need to start banning people.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I definitely feel like the bigger problems are still "communicating with strangers in games is unpopular" and "if popularity is equally distributed across all characters there will always be people who wanna play tons of dps characters because that's the largest category." i benefit and get wrecked by smurfs in equal measure down here in the pits of bronze despair.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having alt accounts to play heroes your not good at to improve is not the same as intentionally throwing matches to get your rank lower then it would be otherwise. He could very well be a diamond dps player and GM lucio.
I'm talking about surfing in general. If it not player way to good it is one throwing to drop ranks for the eventual climb.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hey, did you enjoy the last Thought Process series, but were thought too much time was given to that piece of crap Soldier 76, while including absolutely zero Tracer or Genji time? Well, this part should cover you.

His series has been pretty helpful. For the DPS series especially, I love that he's categorizing the different DPS heroes for what situation calls for them.

On a semi-related note, I just got a Background Download when I booted up the Overwatch tab on the B.Net launcher. Looks like the Anniversary event is being processed ATM.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know why Overwatch would be changing visual DPI for the entire desktop when I run Overwatch fullscreen? I've tried playing with the DPI options under compatibility for the .EXEs but so far I haven't figured out what's causing it.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm supposed to be getting an internet breaking D.Va. If they deliver on that and no other skin, I'll still be happy.

A good Roadhog or Tracer Legendary would not be unappreciated tho.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the real feature I want is to be able to mark a skin as favorite, and the option to "Randomly Select Favorite"

That way, the game randomly selects all your preferred skins every match.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
This smurfing shit is ruining the game, I know it's not gonna happen but they really need to start banning people.

I think a solos only competitive queue and a solo role queue would alleviate a lot of the issues with smurfing, which is, they tend to roll in groups of 2 or 3.

I've been thinking about this a lot. Most of my loses are in games where there is 3 or more people in a group on my team. It's mostly because they're so stuck in a bubble between each other as well as being extra toxic when one of their team members are trolling or severely under performing.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'm talking about surfing in general. If it not player way to good it is one throwing to drop ranks for the eventual climb.

I guess that's why the unranked to GM isn't seen as bad, because at no point do they ever try to throw to start at a low rank. Its more of an issue of new accounts starting placements in like gold or plat, even if they leveled up in QP playing like a GM. I get that smurfing is a problem, but for someone who isn't streaming it, how would you actually prove they were smurfing?

I mean, even I made a new account so I could play ranked with roles I'm not good with, though I'm not that great in general so my two accounts were never more than 400SR apart, and were always in the gold-plat range.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been having such a good time with this on PC compared to PS4. All the Battle Royale fatigue got me to play this the last week and I'm back in love. Moira is bae .

I wanted to get a few loot boxes but someone said wait as the anniversary is next week so it's better to buy then ? This true ?

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Been having such a good time with this on PC compared to PS4. All the Battle Royale fatigue got me to play this the last week and I'm back in love. Moira is bae .

I wanted to get a few loot boxes but someone said wait as the anniversary is next week so it's better to buy then ? This true ?

anniversary event is soon and anniversary loot boxes can include the event items, yeah

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Could be, last year all cosmetics from every event were included in anniversary loot boxes. Though we still don't know when it'll start.

They also occasionally have better loot box deals during events

Last edited:

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
The event usually starts near the day when Overwatch had launched, so it's safe to assume the event will go live on the 21st or 28th, no?

They usually start the skin unveils about 5 days ahead of time so would say 21st is out, 23 is still in play, Its just kinda weird since we don't have any balance updates on PTR only the Workshop. 28th seem like the safest bet probably start teasing skins on the actual anniversary.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
making that tier list inspired me to play the characters I don't often play, had some really fun matches with Roadhog

I've been having a blast with Genji and Sombra, especially with Genji's mechanics.

They usually start the skin unveils about 5 days ahead of time so would say 21st is out, 23 is still in play, Its just kinda weird since we don't have any balance updates on PTR only the Workshop. 28th seem like the safest bet probably start teasing skins on the actual anniversary.

Fair point, but I would like if they could actually keep the Anniversary skins as a surprise (not happening) and they just drop a big fat trailer on the 21st.

Also, I wish someone could track down that remix of the Overwatch theme (that was used for last year's trailer), as it's a fun reinterpretation.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I think I like Busan more but Havana seems really good so far

the long ass straight path at the end can lead to some fun stuff

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I think I like Busan more but Havana seems really good so far

the long ass straight path at the end can lead to some fun stuff

It bothers me that the helicopter has been in so much promotional material, but when you spawn in the fortress, the hangar is empty.

But the map is fun, and KOTH/Payload are my favourite game types. 2CP can go suck a duck.

HA! I knew it!

Now why didn't I bet money?

Status
Not open for further replies.