• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
because all it does is rewarding them and later down people find out you can't aim unless cqc then RIP.
...the purpose of FTH is a close quarters kill though? I mean if you have it in your toolkit and a Roadhog or Junkrat are literally in your face, then use flashbang and FTH. Why put the win on the line for pride? Use the tools you have when you need them.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
thats why i said unless cqc..
and im talking about the mccree on my team who can't body a pharah at least.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When you keep your squad in the game because you Wrecking Ball spin around like a maniac on the point by yourself against the entire enemy team to bide time but they don't vote for your golden objective medal.

:(

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say, my Baptiste has come on leaps and bounds since I realised that his healing grenades don't explode when they hit team mates, and you have to deliberately aim at the ground. For some reason I assumed it was like Ana's healing grenade and would splash on contact, but no, they just pass through them. It took me about five games before I noticed...

Once you get the feel of the arc, you can put down some pretty decent long-range healing. Plus, it's really nice to have a hit-scan healer that can pressure the Pharah, rather than spending your game cowering out of her line of sight.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, my Baptiste has come on leaps and bounds since I realised that his healing grenades don't explode when they hit team mates, and you have to deliberately aim at the ground. For some reason I assumed it was like Ana's healing grenade and would splash on contact, but no, they just pass through them. It took me about five games before I noticed...

Once you get the feel of the arc, you can put down some pretty decent long-range healing. Plus, it's really nice to have a hit-scan healer that can pressure the Pharah, rather than spending your game cowering out of her line of sight.
Do you mean the grenades go through full-health allies, like Ana's shots? Cause if your ally is hurt, grenades definitely explode on contact.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Ahhh...why do teammates wait until the match already started before they choose a character on defense, which doesn't give them enough time to get to the point. Does this happen to anyone else?
but what if your dps is snipers (widow, hanzo, ashe) that dont go in cqc?
Well they can provide ranged damage support for me while I'm brawling with the enemy.

Last edited:

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017

I may try to play more Baptiste on defense. These days I'm mostly playing Ana on attack and Zen on defense.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
When you keep your squad in the game because you Wrecking Ball spin around like a maniac on the point by yourself against the entire enemy team to bide time but they don't vote for your golden objective medal.

:(
go home, youre feeding.
jk :p
Ahhh...why do teammates wait until the match already started before they choose a character on defense, which doesn't give them enough time to get to the point. Does this happen to anyone else?
Well they can provide ranged damage support for me while I'm brawling with the enemy.
if they cant shoot for shiet, youll be called out as feeding :<

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally played the mission, what a tease to end on lmao. Do you get different endings for playing on higher difficulties? I only played Normal cause I'm a casual.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
If they can't shoot for shiet then they have no business playing dps lol.
218.png_large

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I hate Baptise. I cant stand that E ability. Feels like total garbage going for a Mccree ult or mccree kills and then seeing that save multiple players and needing like 3 bullets to take out.

I guess I have to play Sombra more now, but Im just not having fun as McCree and needing to cut through so many shields and counters.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Wow, I hate Baptise. I cant stand that E ability. Feels like total garbage going for a Mccree ult or mccree kills and then seeing that save multiple players and needing like 3 bullets to take out.

I guess I have to play Sombra more now, but Im just not having fun as McCree and needing to cut through so many shields and counters.
Shoot the lamp.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy oh boy, double legendaries, I wonder what they'll b-

*Formal 76 and one of the ugly knight brig skins*

Hello darkness, my old friend

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – April 24, 2019
A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Workshop
We're excited to share a new in-game feature called the Workshop! The Workshop greatly expands the game customization features available in the Game Browser by adding a simplified game scripting system. Enhance the Overwatch game modes you know and love with new game rules, victory conditions, adjustments to the heroes' movements and abilities, and much more. Once you've created an awesome new game, create a code to share it with your friends or the whole community! For information on how to get started using the Workshop, see our Workshop blog post. We're excited to see what you come up with!
Note that this is a test of an in-development feature, so we may need to adjust or turn it off as we work to improve it. Please post any questions or stability issues in the PTR Feedback forum.
HERO UPDATES
Baptiste
  • Immortality Field
    • If it lands on a moving platform, it will move along with the platform
Wrecking Ball
  • Minefield
    • If a mine lands on a moving platform, it will move along with the platform
BUG FIXES
Heroes
Baptiste
  • Fixed a bug where Immortality Field would become stuck under some objects
  • Fixed a bug where Immortality Field would behave oddly when placed on a moving platform
  • Fixed a bug where a healing grenade would appear in his Biotic Launcher when it is out of ammo
  • Fixed a bug where the healing grenades from the Biotic Launcher wouldn't hit teammates when deflected by Genji's Deflect
D.Va
  • Fixed a bug where D.Va's speed when using Boosters decreased dramatically when flying over some platforms
Genji
  • Fixed a bug where Genji couldn't climb up certain pillars on the Havana map
Hanzo
  • Fixed a bug where Hanzo couldn't climb up certain pillars on the Havana map
Moira
  • Fixed a bug with Moira's Scientist skin where her lab coat would clip into itself while using the Erlenmeyer victory pose
Orisa
  • Fixed a bug where damage boosting from a teammate's ability (such as Baptiste's Amplification Matrix) would count towards Orisa's damage amplified statistic when using Supercharger

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
That certainly isn't something players were dying for. Holding out hope that the rumoured anniversary changes actually bring some life back into the game.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
"You know what, you think this balancing shit is so easy, why don't YOU go ahead and try it, have at it mother fuckers."

In all seriousness, this does look pretty cool as a feature. I'm just wondering if they have a way of putting spotlight on really good community variants.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
This has me really excited for the future. While it's nowhere near as in-depth as an actual map/game editor like previous Blizzard games have had, just the possibility of someone down the line prototyping a major new game mode, Overwatch's DOTA essentially, using these tools is really intriguing.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
You know, we complain a lot about Overwatch, but I've been following Anthem just because I'm sort of mesmerized by the trainwreck in progress from a studio that made some of my favorite games ever, and it makes me appreciate what we have here. We have legitimate gripes about content and the slowness of the development and, at times, some truly bone headed development decisions that they still haven't stated they'll fix (*glares at Brigette's game design*) but on the whole, we're still doing alright.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
This feature is freaking amazing, you can build so many hero prototypes with that, and game modes, there are a lot of options to add markers and stuff to the maps, you can make a good range of abilities and their effectts, this feature is freaking awesome, despite not doing much for the actual game lol

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
This feature is freaking amazing, you can build so many hero prototypes with that, and game modes, there are a lot of options to add markers and stuff to the maps, you can make a good range of abilities and their effectts, this feature is freaking awesome, despite not doing much for the actual game lol
It will help the game if Blizzard is smart enough to give us a "Featured community game mode" slot in the arcade, which imo, they would be dumb to not include. (I know that still makes it possible, but still)

That said, I feel that people complaining that 'this doesn't fix the main game' are a bit unfair. Nothing is absolutely going to fix the main game in the terms they are talking about because it's not quite the main game at fault: It's the people. There are tons of things blizzard can do to help, like implementing a 2-2-2 role queue and stuff, but if someone wants to ruin your match, they will do so.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It will be if Blizzard is smart enough to give us a "Featured community game mode" slot in the arcade, which imo, they would be dumb to not include. (I know that still makes it possible, but still)
maybe, but this tool is also goddamn awesome for creating heroes so I imagine if they didn't just made a tool to be used internally and make work more streamlined... they probably can acces a text editor there but damn this opens so many possibilities, one of blizzard staff made a code to replace tracer's blink with an AoE explosion, I'm thinking of picking up my scrapped ideas for sanjay and echo and building heroes out of it using the availble hero shapes. you can test game modes rather quickly as well, this feature is actually massive and i can't believe people are sleeping on it, i've never been as hyped with this game since 2 years ago lmao

(granted, i work with game design so i SHOULD be using this to train a bit =P)

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
honestly kinda hyped for 1.0 vanilla servers with original rez, lock-on Symm, and etc if that's doable
also gonna remake my tea for two mode again once it comes to consoles

very excited for all the cool weird stuff people are going to do here

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
maybe, but this tool is also goddamn awesome for creating heroes so I imagine if they didn't just made a tool to be used internally and make work more streamlined... they probably can acces a text editor there but damn this opens so many possibilities, one of blizzard staff made a code to replace tracer's blink with an AoE explosion, I'm thinking of picking up my scrapped ideas for sanjay and echo and building heroes out of it using the availble hero shapes. you can test game modes rather quickly as well, this feature is actually massive and i can't believe people are sleeping on it, i've never been as hyped with this game since 2 years ago lmao

(granted, i work with game design so i SHOULD be using this to train a bit =P)
It's pretty much catnip to the creative types, and the Overwatch reddit is currently having a fun time making all sorts of modes (the funniest one I saw was a "training your Genji" gametype where genjis that wander too far away from the payload lose their health lmao).

But it makes me sad that for all the tools that Blizzard just gave the community, it's STILL not possible for me to create the one game mode I really, really, really REALLY REEEEEEEAAALLY want above all others.

Big team battle.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty much catnip to the creative types, and the Overwatch reddit is currently having a fun time making all sorts of modes (the funniest one I saw was a "training your Genji" gametype where genjis that wander too far away from the payload lose their health lmao).

But it makes me sad that for all the tools that Blizzard just gave the community, it's STILL not possible for me to create the one game mode I really, really, really REALLY REEEEEEEAAALLY want above all others.

Big team battle.
as in, more than 6 players each side? yeah it's a pity... I hope they enable infinite bot slots soon so we can make some PVE levels, i've seen so much good stuff, mei ice slide, silent kill fog, apex ping, teleport... If i didn't have to deliver some work this week i'd be all over this D:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
as in, more than 6 players each side? yeah it's a pity... I hope they enable infinite bot slots soon so we can make some PVE levels, i've seen so much good stuff, mei ice slide, silent kill fog, apex ping, teleport... If i didn't have to deliver some work this week i'd be all over this D:

Yeah, being able to make custom PvE modes would be huge as well, but Big Team Battle is the one thing I want above all from the arcade.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I saw. And while that is cathartic, I'm hoping that it will lead to someone ACTUALLY fixing brigette. With two obvious changes that I see being:

1. A short animation that gives players a widow of opportunity to dodge that goddamn shield of hers
2. Having her armor pack be something she actually needs to aim and hit her allies with
3. potentially changing her inspire and ultimate into being something more interesting than an AoE effect.

Other than that, any changes need to be made in mind of 2-2-2 that's coming.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Make inspire damage teammates
Nyehehehehe
Brig would still be meta.

But for real, when you look back at how much she broke hte game, it's just insane. She killed dive and ever since then, blizzard has been nerfing her and she is still making goats meta.

They had to rework how Armor works entirely, just so she wouldn't be as powerful.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Turn Shield Bash into a BOOP rather than stun, remove her other BOOP altogether.

Rally increases the size of her shield to Rein proportions.

Leave the armour ability alone (because I have no better ideas).

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
You know, we complain a lot about Overwatch, but I've been following Anthem just because I'm sort of mesmerized by the trainwreck in progress from a studio that made some of my favorite games ever, and it makes me appreciate what we have here. We have legitimate gripes about content and the slowness of the development and, at times, some truly bone headed development decisions that they still haven't stated they'll fix (*glares at Brigette's game design*) but on the whole, we're still doing alright.
Can you briefly describe what's going on with Anthem? There's a lot of noise on reddit too on how Anthem is being handled
*internally screaming*
Great, now I am mad this is not in the actual game >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.