• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
New PTR
https://blizztrack.com/patch_notes/overwatch_ptr/latest
HERO UPDATES

Junkrat

• Frag Launcher
    • Projectile speed increased from 20 to 25
    • Grenades now bounce less but explode sooner
Developer Comments: With this change, we're looking to slightly increase the range at which Junkrat can land direct hits. The speed of his bombs has increased, but we tuned it so this wouldn't affect the arc of his projectile. This means that aiming with it will feel the same. The grenades bounce less and explode sooner, which will allow Junkrat to aim them more deliberately. This will reduce the amount of rolling grenade spam when playing against him.

Reaper

• Shadow Step
    • Can now be used in air
    • Time to exit Shadow Step reduced from 1.0 second to 0.5 of a second
    • Reaper is now invisible for the entire time it takes to exit shadow step
    • Can now teleport onto surfaces that would usually break, like railings
Developer Comments: Shadow Step was originally intended to be purely an out-of-combat mobility tool to traverse the map, since Wraith Form was already a great tool for disengaging. However, this made Shadow Step very situational, so we're increasing its flexibility to make it a better, less niche ability. This will enable Reaper to use Shadow Step in more offensive situations.

Symmetra

• Teleporter
    • Railings and other breakable objects no longer block teleporter placement and teleporting
USER INTERFACE UPDATES

Hero Gallery

• You can now set your Victory Pose choice to random
Social

• There is now an option to set your profile so only your current group can view it
BUG FIXES

General

• Fixed a bug that caused your view to become jittery if you were standing on certain objects
  • Fixed an issue where the camera would be offset slightly when changing rapidly into third person view
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to shoot through unintended small gaps on the Ilios, Nepal, and Temple of Anubis maps
Heroes

Ana

• Fixed an issue with the steam not rising correctly from Ana's cup in the Tea Time emote
  • Fixed a bug where Ana didn't receive audio or visual cues when a hero she boosted lands a shot
Ashe

• Fixed a bug where the Orb of Discord sound effect would play when B.O.B. was affected by Zenyatta's Orb of Discord
Baptiste

• Fixed a bug where Immortality Field wasn't immediately destroyed when it is hit by the payload
Doomfist

• Fixed a bug where enemies would not collide with walls while being knocked back by Rocket Punch
  • Fixed a bug where Seismic Slam wouldn't break objects that should break
Mei

• Fixed a bug where Mei could not be healed by other heroes while using Cryo-Freeze
Mercy

• Fixed a bug where Mercy didn't receive audio or visual cues when a hero she boosted lands a shot
  • Fixed a bug where Mercy didn't receive defensive assist credit from healing beams when using Valkyrie
Reinhardt

• Fixed a bug where Reinhardt was unable to raise his shield properly while looking upwards if he had opened his shield while looking downwards
Soldier: 76

• Fixed a bug where his Heroic victory pose didn't loop properly
Widowmaker

• Fixed a bug where Widowmaker's rifle goes into her head and shoulders while walking and aiming her scope when wearing the Biathalon skin
  • Fixed a bug where dying did not cancel Infra-Sight
Maps

• Black Forest
    • Fixed a bug where flying heroes could get stuck on trees and wall climbing heroes could get stuck on birds' nests
  • Busan
    • Fixed a bug where flying heroes could get stuck on trees
    • Fixed a bug on the Sanctuary map where heroes would bounce when standing on the edge of the first capture point
  • Castillo
    • Fixed a bug where Reaper could Shadow Step to unintended places
  • Dorado
    • Fixed a bug where the spectator camera started at the incorrect position
  • Horizon Lunar Colony
    • Fixed a bug where players could get stuck on top of a worktable
  • King's Row
    • Fixed a bug where Junkrat's RIP-Tire could get stuck in the grates on the ground in King's Row
  • Oasis
    • Fixed a bug on the University map where a hero that touches the enemy team's spawn room doors will take significant damage
  • Numbani
    • Fixed a bug where D.Va would get stuck behind a desk when using Call Mech
    • Fixed a bug where ivy on walls was preventing certain abilities from impacting enemies, like Winston's Tesla Cannon and Doomfist's Meteor Strike
  • Rialto
    • Fixed a bug where players killed on a specific bridge would fall through the bridge
    • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck between a dolly, the wall, and a counter
  • Watchpoint: Gibraltar
    • Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball would get stuck on ventilation ducts

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
they really trying to bring back reaper and junk but they'll end up just buffing and everything else soon and then nerfing him again.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Hero Gallery

• You can now set your Victory Pose choice to random
....and random skin selection coming soon?

I've actually been working on an Overwatch QoL wishlist and this was one of the things on it :P

Okay, just tested it out.

Um.

So you know how someone was confused about why they nerfed junrkat if they were just gonna buff him again?

Well, I don't know about meta implications,but the new speed of his projectiles sure is something. Combined with his new damage, and the fact that they explode faster (which for some reason they talk about as if it's a nerf?),...

Well, lets just say his genius will finally be recognized.

Last edited:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

I've actually been working on an Overwatch QoL wishlist and this was one of the things on it :P

Um.

So you know how someone was confused about why they nerfed junrkat if they were just gonna buff him again?

Well, I don't know about meta implications,but the new speed of his projectiles sure is something. Combined with his new damage, and the fact that they explode faster (which for some reason they talk about as if it's a nerf?),...

Houston gonna win stage 2

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Um.

Maybe. But Junkrat has been pretty situational since the inclusion of several newer DPS heroes that limit his options (along with his hard counters doing their thing, players getting practice to counter Junkrat's ult, and the take backs he received) had hampered the character from escaping Situational-Pick Town.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like how he just pops into existence. I know he needs to be faster and everything, but I want him to have re-appearing transition

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018

I think I'm going to have to try that for myself. Like this will be amazing if you can save yourself possibly when getting booped but man has this ability been janky. On top of struggling to target something correctly, I've had a few times where I've clicked to teleport and reaper shoots instead.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

uu9pmDP.gif

Considering I rarely use his teleport ability (because of it's year long landing lag), I feel THIS is how he should have been since launch day. I don't really see how any of these teleport spots are OP either -- still a pretty long rev-up time and there's still the visual and audio cues -- and IMO Reaper *should* be able to get the drop on enemies like this.

I do hope they will update the teleport effects/animation so it resembles how he shifts around in the animated shorts, as Reaper is the games resident grumpy gas cloud.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I think this will make dva more of a necessity. With the teleport and invisibility, reaper will appear in the back line out of nowhere for teams. Whose the only character that can peel that much damage?

I know other characters can stun him and stuff, but in terms of mitigating his actual damage, dva is your only hope

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just remember, Blizzard has a want to make every hero useable in comp to advertise those characters so people will be more likely to buy skins. Reaper is a popular character, and probably generates a lot of revenue, hence they have a want to make him useable in their biggest advertisements for the game (Esports)

this is poor game design as gimmick heros and non-reliable characters isnt inherently bad game design, especially in a competitive hero shooter. Reaper doesnt need to be balanced because no one wants to see a dps that requires no aim, has no advanced movement options, and requires very little in regards to a skill ceiling in a competitive game environment. Reaper was perfectly fine before his changes, I think his new movement ability is fine (his teleport was awful, this will make him able to use an ability). I honestly also really liked his death orbs that he could collect, and actively removing him made the character way more boring and less fun to play, (They did the same thing with Torb for some reason. Buffed him, but made him way less fun to play)

Mar 22, 2019
Sold my gaming pc and only ever played Overwatch there - making the jump to PS4/Console shooters...any tips? I got pretty far up on PC but played a quick arcade round this morning on console before work...it seemed easier weirdly??

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Prob the most underwhelming new Hero by far, just seems so uninspired. So not fun to play as (for me at least). Definitely not what they needed right now... how is the community taking the new char?

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Prob the most underwhelming new Hero by far, just seems so uninspired. So not fun to play as (for me at least). Definitely not what they needed right now... how is the community taking the new char?
Ppl barely pick him in QP/Arcade matches that i play. And he was released a week ago. I think that it says a lot.

He really is very generic and boring character imo. His healing is also not very good, it requires your teammates to be around you and grouped up all the time so that you can be effective. Also his jump is much worse than i thought. I am not sure why jump charge disappears after one second. What a joke.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I never said he has no impact tho.
Pedantry it is I suppose

Fine, you said his healing is low. That's factually untrue - he heals 50 per shot and has an HPS of 85, which is higher than almost every healer aside from Ana. It is more efficient for your team to be grouped up, but guess what? That's true of Lucio, Ana, Brigitte and Moira. And both Mercy and Zen's ults benefit from your team grouping up.

Furthermore, what other impact does a healer hero if their healing is no good? Aside from Brig, who is a pseudo tank/DPS/healer hybrid. So if you're gonna say his healing is bad, that's fairly akin to saying he has no impact. And if you're not getting good healing numbers with him... well, you can guess what I'm gonna say.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Former support main here, currently half retired, Baptiste is almost making me come back to the game after a damn long hiatus.
He's cool, his lines are charming, he provides us with a higher skill kit that demands game knowledge and strategy, both are things I really missed from the game as the only other option the game provides for that is ana(and to an extent, zen, but he doesn't need aim to heal).I find he a really good and fresh addition to the game, unlike Orisa and Ashe, I don't feel like i'm playing some other character's reskin when I'm playing him. Ashe was very disappointing to me cause I found her pretty much McCree with butler.

But you don't wanna play him to relax, he's a pretty demanding character

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
As a healer main of generally "easy" healers I find Baptiste a ton of fun. His healing is really dang good and I find I can solo heal with him if the damage on my team is really good as well. I can say he's just as fun as Moira is for me which is great.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
The constant attention they've been giving Junkrat lately is hard to reconcile as a regular Pharah player, especially this most recent change of making him more of a direct-hit, skill-based character. His grenades do 10 more damage per direct hit than Pharah, and don't cause self-damage. I just don't see a world right now in which he is a worse choice than Pharah except on very, very specific maps. Not to mention you don't need another player on your team to go Mercy just to be a viable DPS pick.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
The constant attention they've been giving Junkrat lately is hard to reconcile as a regular Pharah player, especially this most recent change of making him more of a direct-hit, skill-based character. His grenades do 10 more damage per direct hit than Pharah, and don't cause self-damage. I just don't see a world right now in which he is a worse choice than Pharah except on very, very specific maps. Not to mention you don't need another player on your team to go Mercy just to be a viable DPS pick.

Would giving Pharah 50 armour might beset this? As an Ana player, Pharah is the only hero that I can't keep alive.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Would giving Pharah 50 armour might beset this? As an Ana player, Pharah is the only hero that I can't keep alive.
Absolutely. For the longest time now I've thought that she desperately needs more sustainability, one way or another. I think giving her 50 armor would be the best approach, as it lets her mitigate self-damage, as well as being able to potentially survive her ult. As it stands now, it's one of the worst ults in the game, impossible to get any value out of it unless you get at least a 2K. Armor would help with this dramatically.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Almost made it through a whole Deathmatch as Roadhog without dying and without attacking anyone, just running and healing and occasionally waving.

And then some P.O.S. Pharah tries to solo ult me, forcing me to heal and run for cover, sending me right into the path of a Brig who finishes me off.

Stupid Pharah. >:[

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Almost made it through a whole Deathmatch as Roadhog without dying and without attacking anyone, just running and healing and occasionally waving.

And then some P.O.S. Pharah tries to solo ult me, forcing me to heal and run for cover, sending me right into the path of a Brig who finishes me off.

Stupid Pharah. >:[

I did something similar in one of my FFA matches, meet with a cool Torb that talked and chilled with me, and I only attacked when someone tried to farm me. (And most of the time it was hooking and pulling them into the drink.)

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. For the longest time now I've thought that she desperately needs more sustainability, one way or another. I think giving her 50 armor would be the best approach, as it lets her mitigate self-damage, as well as being able to potentially survive her ult. As it stands now, it's one of the worst ults in the game, impossible to get any value out of it unless you get at least a 2K. Armor would help with this dramatically.
Pharah could definitely use something, but I also feels like she teeters the line of being OP.

I don't play her enough to really have a strong opinion either way, I just know that good Pharahs are very tilting lol

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Pharah could definitely use something, but I also feels like she teeters the line of being OP.

I don't play her enough to really have a strong opinion either way, I just know that good Pharahs are very tilting lol
There is absolutely a version of this game where Blizzard makes a single change to Pharah and she suddenly becomes the most oppressive character in the meta, you're absolutely right. But she's in, and has been in, a pretty bad place for awhile now (excluding console):

• Her ult is difficult to get any value out of, especially without the aid of other characters' abilities/ults
  • She's one of the least sustainable characters in the game, basically requiring a Zen orb or a pocketed Mercy just to keep her alive long enough to get picks
  • She's extremely difficult to heal as Ana, Lucio, Moira, and now Baptise
  • She has to play around nearly every hit-scan and most projectile characters in ways most other DPS characters don't, due to being so exposed in the air all the time (this is fixable with a downward thrust that lets her fall out of the sky quickly, but that might be too game-breaking as an ability)
  • And due to the changes they made to her explosion and impact damage, she all but that you land every one of your rockets just to get picks, otherwise there are better, more consistent heroes you should pick
She just feels way too demanding to be useful. I'm obviously biased as I play her regularly, but when I play another DPS character I don't have to think or worry about nearly the same number of things I do with Pharah, but can do just as well on a good day despite not being especially great on most of those characters.

And the most frustrating thing about the state she's in is that she was in a fairly good place before they changed how her impact/explosion damage worked, and then they made that change explicitly because they decided that her rocket launcher felt too "sluggish" to fire, a "problem" literally no regular Pharah player ever complained about. And so to balance out the increased rate of fire they lowered its overall damage per rocket, which would be fine except that she needs to land direct hits just to do damage, and because you have to track the enemy to land those hits, you're already taking about a second between shots anyway, so the increase in fire rate does nothing except for spamming chokes and breaking barriers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.