• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, Potential next map?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...ptr_numbani_airport_travel_posters_temple_of/
ox7wpqkt2tj21.jpg
:O nice

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Probably arcade map which means I won't see it till next year's capture the flag.

Unless it's FFA.

P.S. Fuck Petra.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Probably arcade map which means I won't see it till next year's capture the flag.

Unless it's FFA.

P.S. Fuck Petra.
They need to use the Ayutthaya assets and adapt it to a KotH map or atleast FFA. It's so gorgeous, but not only is it rarely available, it's even more rarely played.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
They need to use the Ayutthaya assets and adapt it to a KotH map or atleast FFA. It's so gorgeous, but not only is it rarely available, it's even more rarely played.

It really is beautiful. Makes you wanna go there in real life like Rialto but I'm not an arcade person unless it's FFA Chateau. I love playing Doomfist/Tracer there.

Lady Siara

Oct 25, 2017
Since the main discord seems to be really dead, I thought I'd make a new one. Would love to try and get some in-house stuff going again someday!
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
poor sombra. got right clicked.

YWv7EY.gif

killed genji when he bladed. with 2hp left. (got rehealed but died to winston after)

k8Z2Rv.gif

on defense i nano the mercy because they wanted to play battle mercy hence their name "battlemercy" - they did get 3k (mccree, zarya, dva mech, and baby dva but nano wore off so it only counted as 3 nano assist)

zvK6mq.gif

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I got paired with fourstack on the PTR. They had Orisa, Sym and Ana. I played Bastion and the other person is of course Baptiste.

Yeah it was a bloodbath. The Sym didn't even use her tp effectively but she used her turrets to protect me from the pesky Sombra. The Baptiste also absolutely knew when to use the immortality beacon. The other team stood no chance on several rounds.

Lady Siara

Oct 25, 2017
Saw some folks joined the discord while I was asleep and because of how I had the invite link originally, they'll have to rejoin if interested since it was only temp membership.

Sorry about that, it's been fixed now.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw some folks joined the discord while I was asleep and because of how I had the invite link originally, they'll have to rejoin if interested since it was only temp membership.

Sorry about that, it's been fixed now.

Its still doing the same thing last night where there isn't permission to use channels.

Lady Siara

Oct 25, 2017
Its still doing the same thing last night where there isn't permission to use channels.

Huh, that's weird and it shouldn't be doing that. I'll mess with the @everyone permissions and get it sorted.

Edit: Think it had to do with not being able to see chat history. I'm always a little wary about that permission ever since the fall of GAF, we had people come in and comb entire discord histories. It was weird and a bit creepy.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
I played my placements over the weekend. Went 6-3-1. Placed 3037. Pretty good!
Most of the matches went well. PMA helped in some of them for sure, and I wouldn't have done so well otherwise.

My favorite match is probably a Volskaya map that went to OT rounds that saw us with a minute in our time bank and the other team... I don't know, 6+ but a couple of my teammates and I convinced the rest of our team, including a OTP Torb, to go GOATS. We steamrolled our attack round and full held on point B. Credit to my team for holding off the Pharamercy the whole time.

The worst are 1) A Hollywood where we were saddled with Lucio, Mercy, and Ana OTPs who wouldn't communicate and stuck to their picks. I can work with triple support but Mercy's not so great in it, and strong play from our Widow just wasn't enough. We didn't have enough damage to push through. Even after scoring picks, I couldn't push through as Rein without getting destroyed and patient play saw them playing the corners too well for me to handle. Maybe I could have done better. It didn't feel winnable though, even as a 6-5. Their own Ana just played cafe the whole round. Considering everyone else was playing snipers, I don't know if I could have successfully called a rotation? And 2) A Gibraltar where we played decently most of the game until our OT attack round where one of our teammates decided to silently swap to Torb and march straight through the underpass repeatedly by himself even as we called taking high routes. He had been complaining throughout the game that our Ana was wasting nades and not healing him so he... decided to do his own thing, which included marching headon at the enemy Orisa.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remember when they would just put skins and other cosmetics on PTR, without making such a big deal of it? I do.

Pepperidge farm remembers.
I think they stopped doing it because maybe people complained about not getting the cosmetics they earned on the PTR on Live or something? Or maybe they have their artists on a much tighter schedule.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
who complained about skins not carrying over? LOL i mean its good its not there on ptr (not right away) because people should worry about the actual hero. since they aren't going to see them unless they emote or in hero gallery

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God damn comp yesterday was like herding cats. Had some good teammates in LFG but when we all agree on a route and half the team goes somewhere else...

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn comp yesterday was like herding cats. Had some good teammates in LFG but when we all agree on a route and half the team goes somewhere else...

I had the opposite. Two great groups, worked well together, made good picks. First group stuck together until loss 2 despite the games being super close and working well together. The second, where we absolutely steamrolled, just vanished into the ether after winning one. It's like what is even your goal here, my dudes?

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
I'm bored of maining a healers, so this season I switched to DPS. Currently I'm learning/playing Sombra & JunkRat by watching "How to Play" videos and Twitch streamer (ie. FitzyHere). But I was wondering if anyone has any beginner/general tips for either character?
Sombra voice actor does Sombra cosplay: The Video

That was awesome! I love Carolina's youTube channel, especially when she goes around and talks to other OverWatch voice actors.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It really is beautiful. Makes you wanna go there in real life like Rialto but I'm not an arcade person unless it's FFA Chateau. I love playing Doomfist/Tracer there.
I still don't understand why there's FFA Chateu and FFA Petra only, there are enough maps now and those specific maps have been out for so long that it should just be FFA on all maps 24/7.

dabs furiously

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand why there's FFA Chateu and FFA Petra only, there are enough maps now and those specific maps have been out for so long that it should just be FFA on all maps 24/7.
because ffa on maps not designed for it are awful

then again ffa in this is awful as well and they just mashed it in there

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I like that they've got a few skin themes shared throughout the ensemble, one or two more and we can have a full pirate team

would prefer they stopped with the cyborg skins and did more sentai skins instead though lol

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dropped into a Rialto game last night in Quick Play, defending, payload was halfway to the final point. Picked Brigitte. 6 minutes and 50 seconds on the clock. 22 Kills. One death.Outhealed the Mercy. Saved the game.

Brigitte is the best!

(Or, perhaps, the worst).

Status
Not open for further replies.