• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
Wow. Goats has really done a number on this game, everything is being changed and adjusted around this comp and it's ridiculous.

Really Junkrat is getting a buff? A decent Junkrat already destorys you.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the record, I am going to assume you mean lore-wise, or else are from the future where Brig's abilities has been reworked to be better.
I mean her nerfed stun makes her less fun to play, especially in the low tier ghetto where I hang where it's 5 DPS and me on heal or tank all the time. But I think she's super neat on all fronts. GOATS to me is just some boogeyman fairy-tale. I don't know what it actually means when I'm sat with a controller in my hands because it's all literally herding kittens with the world's dumbest comps because bronze gonna bronze.

Still dying on this hill.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
How long until they reduce the Orb of Discord effect to 5%? I feel that 25% is already too low and barely noticeable.
You feel very wrong.
Wow. Goats has really done a number on this game, everything is being changed and adjusted around this comp and it's ridiculous.

Really Junkrat is getting a buff? A decent Junkrat already destorys you.
The only thing that's ridiculous is that it took this long for a patch like this.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I mean her nerfed stun makes her less fun to play, especially in the low tier ghetto where I hang where it's 5 DPS and me on heal or tank all the time. But I think she's super neat on all fronts. GOATS to me is just some boogeyman fairy-tale. I don't know what it actually means when I'm sat with a controller in my hands because it's all literally herding kittens with the world's dumbest comps because bronze gonna bronze.

Still dying on this hill.
I get that it's frustrating but idk why you're expecting them to balance the game around people who aren't even playing the game effectively (not saying you are, but its a team game). Top down balancing is always the best bc if people get better it'll still be rewarding. Balancing around the lowest tier of play will just mean there's a super early plateu and/or the game isn't balanced at all for most players and thus isn't fun.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get that it's frustrating but idk why you're expecting them to balance the game around people who aren't even playing the game effectively (not saying you are, but its a team game). Top down balancing is always the best bc if people get better it'll still be rewarding. Balancing around the lowest tier of play will just mean there's a super early plateu and/or the game isn't balanced at all for most players and thus isn't fun.
I'm not asking for balance changes, though - unless you want to talk about Reaper ;)

Like, I understand why she's been changed. I understand the problem with GOATS. I don't even disagree that she could use a bunch of rework - none of that negates my opinion that she's a) fun to play and b) the best my favourite character in the game. Which means she is automatically the best character.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The most interesting thing about this patch to me is that for the past 8 months Blizzard have provided the wrong information regarding Symmetra's beam and how it ramps. They said it was 60/120/180 but it has actually been 65/130/195 this whole time. How no one from Blizzard noticed this at all is baffling, but I'm not surprised considering it's Symmetra.

D0IWwyTVsAAo-V3

Anyways, this looks like one good patch. I am very excited for this to go live.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
You feel very wrong.

The only thing that's ridiculous is that it took this long for a patch like this.
Well of course it did, rebalancing the whole game takes a huge amount of time, i thought they were doing nothing all these months, but no, they were cleaning up the game
The most interesting thing about this patch to me is that for the past 8 months Blizzard have provided the wrong information regarding Symmetra's beam and how it ramps. They said it was 60/120/180 but it has actually been 65/130/195 this whole time. How no one from Blizzard noticed this at all is baffling, but I'm not surprised considering it's Symmetra.

D0IWwyTVsAAo-V3

Anyways, this looks like one good patch. I am very excited for this to go live.
My theory is that they did it on secret to see if anyone would notice/buff her without hearing complaints, i knew her tick fix seemed a bit too good but i wouldn't imagine it was a damage fix

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm not asking for balance changes, though - unless you want to talk about Reaper ;)

Like, I understand why she's been changed. I understand the problem with GOATS. I don't even disagree that she could use a bunch of rework - none of that negates my opinion that she's a) fun to play and b) the best my favourite character in the game. Which means she is automatically the best character.
Oh ok sorry it was super late so I prolly misread

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
at least blizz haven't given bap some assist credit when people get kills using his ult. (killfeed stuff)

its all me on them kills.

Last edited:

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
After playing more on the PTR...oh god please nerf Immortality Fields health. Otherwise, I'm still really excited about the hero changes and Baptiste except for the fear of having to play Rein and my dream of ever getting to play Pharah again.

Edit: Also, somehow change the looks of Amplification Matrix...looks too shieldy

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I miss Reaper's health orb drop ability. They should make a healer out of that ability.

Since Baptiste is holding a healthkit in his origin trailer, I genuinely thought he was going to drop healthkits. I'm surprised they haven't done a healer like that yet that's placing down pickups, especially after Torb's armour packs got axed.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Oh dam, I didn't know the new season started already, how long was the off-season?

I think he means season 14 placement, but Season 15 starts today, no off-season
Season 14 will officially end on Thursday, February 28 at 4:00 p.m. PST (Friday, March 1 at 00:00 UTC). Season 15 is currently scheduled to launch immediately after at Thursday, February 28 at 4:00 p.m. PST (Friday, March 1 at 00:00 UTC).

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Games went about as expected, 4 wins, 6 losses. Lots of level 30 accounts, and no matter how much I flexed it seemed like nobody cared to win.

I think I'll stop playing only tanks/supports, because my DPS only account is like +500 SR over my main. When I just play DPS and dont try to win I seem to do much better. When I flex tank/support and try I win much less often. Oh well.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does every QP game I play now have to be filled with Masters and GM's.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
wait, how does junkrats nade dmg calculates? its impact + splash? like those ppl in bnet forum said?
i always thought if impact then it only does impact dmg when u get direct hit and splash if u get indirect hit.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Junkrat is a beast with this buff. I always try to get direct hits with his nades anyway instead of relying on the splash damage.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
New PTR up, Rip Lucio-Dva speed boost
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-february-28-2019/311004
HERO UPDATES

Junkrat

Frag Launcher

• Impact damage increased from 40 to 60
Developer Comments: Junkrat is one of the best barrier and tank busters in the game, and this change will help solidify this role. This doesn't change the Frag Launcher's explosive damage, which remains at 80. The total damage for direct impact is now 140, up from 120.

Lúcio

Amp It Up

• Speed Boost's amplification reduced from 70% to 50%
Crossfade

• Speed Boost's effect reduced from 30% to 20%
Sonic Amplifier

• Soundwave now counts towards Offensive Assists
Wall Ride

• Speed buff increased from 20% to 40%
Developer Comments: The knockback on Lúcio's Soundwave is a great tool for pushing enemies into situations that get them killed, so they should be rewarded an offensive assist for doing so. Lúcio's ability to increase his teammate's speed was too strong, especially when used on high health/low range heroes. We're decreasing the overall power of Lúcio's Speed Boost but increasing the speed bonus he gets from using Wall Ride so his mobility isn't impacted too much.

McCree

Fan the Hammer

• Damage reduced from 55 to 50
Deadeye

• Damage per second increased from 275 to 550 after locking onto targets for 1.5 seconds
Developer Comments: After reducing armor's effectiveness for all heroes, Fan the Hammer doesn't need to deal quite as much damage. Increasing Deadeye's damage after being locked on for a bit makes it more effective when attacking high health, static targets (like barriers) and heroes with over 250 health. It will not impact how dangerous this is for heroes under 250 health.

Reaper

The Reaping

• Healing received from dealing damage reduced from 50% to 40%
Developer Comments: A recent change that increased Reaper's healing while he dealt damage was a bit too strong, sometimes making opponents feel like Reaper was unstoppable.

Zarya

Particle Cannon

• Alternative Fire's explosion radius reduced from 2 meters – 3 meters to 1 meter – 2 meters based on energy level
Developer Comments: Zarya's damage greatly increases when at high energy, while also gaining increased beam size and a larger explosion radius. This often allowed Zarya to deal too much damage and made the explosions from the Alternate Fire on her Particle Cannon nearly impossible to avoid. This change will still allow Zarya to deal a lot of damage, but makes it more difficult to actually apply the damage.

Zenyatta

Orb of Destruction

• Damage increased from 46 to 48
Orb of Discord

• Effect reduced from 30% to 25%
Developer Comments: Zenyatta's Orb of Discord makes him a nearly irreplaceable support hero on your team. We're reducing its impact for Zenyatta's team, but increasing the potency of the Orb of Destruction to compensate for its lesser effect.

BUG FIXES

Heroes

D.Va

• Fixed a bug that made D.Va not get knocked back properly by Doomfist's Rocket Punch
Lúcio

• Fixed a bug where using Lúcio's Dance Party emote would crash everyone out of the game
  • Fixed a bug where Lúcio's Speed Boost song dramatically affected D.Va when using Boosters or Mercy when using Valkyrie
Mercy

• Fixed a bug where Mercy's speed wasn't reduced while resurrecting when using Valkyrie
Orisa

• Fixed a bug that made Orisa not get knocked back properly by Doomfist's Rocket Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.