• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Baptiste can actually complement the BOS comp well. He can ensure that Bastion survives long enough to use Sym's TP if they focus the bird lover. Sym's turrets can then watch the back line for that pesky Sombra trying to hack the robot. Orisa also got a buff and she also can move faster now to go to that TP while putting pressure with her gun.

The Maxi wall can then be combined with Sym's wall to provide a one way kill barrier. Imagine a Bastion behind that wall being protected by an Orisa who has her supercharger out.

Last edited:

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
everytime you push in 2cp, baptiste will use his immortality thing

stack that with an orisa and bastion....

oh lord

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Jayne trying out Baptiste in PUGs is stupidly entertaining, but if that's an indictation of what is to come, I am fucking terrified.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Baptiste superjump is too good. virtually no cooldown, short ramp up, cancellable with no penalty, and the height it gets? I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it unless I'm missing something
It's a very vertical leap that will leave him incredibly open to fire from what I saw.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Sombra will be a hard counter to Baptiste still. She will nullify his ult like she does for Sym's wall.

He can however be at a fair distance and still be effective to his team since he can throw most of his abilities towards them. That's probably how I'll play him if I'm in an anti-Goats comp (with Bastion and orisa) and the enemy decide to switch to Sombra. If they switch to dive then Baptiste will shine even brighter.

Now that I think about it Baptiste can really shake up the current meta. I think it will likely take months since everyone will just assume he reinforces GOATS and everyone just runs him with that lol.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

Precious cinnamon roll.

Well...shit :(

While I think it's hard to emphasize enough how much Blizzard fucked up with Brig, both in her design and their stubborn refusal to nerf her properly until months down the line (And I still think they're fucking up now by not reworking her kit), you always have pieces of shit that go after people who had no part in the issues in the game.

It sucks and I hope it doesn't damage her outlook on a VA job from here on out. Especially since the voice she gives brig is perfectly charming.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Well...shit :(

While I think it's hard to emphasize enough how much Blizzard fucked up with Brig, both in her design and their stubborn refusal to nerf her properly until months down the line (And I still think they're fucking up now by not reworking her kit), you always have pieces of shit that go after people who had no part in the issues in the game.

It sucks and I hope it doesn't damage her outlook on a VA job from here on out. Especially since the voice she gives brig is perfectly charming.

There are multiple cases in Hollywood where the same shit happened to voice actors.

Humans are a mistake.

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
Poor girl. :(

Fucking 'gamers.'

Anyway I'm liking the sound of those PTR changes (and Baptiste). How long does it usually take for this stuff to hit the live servers?

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
IMO, the "immortality" should've been an ULT based on how powerful it it. Every 20 seconds Baptiste can essentially counter an insta-kill ULT (Dva bomb, Rip-tire, high-noon, etc.)

To me, it's just another version of Rez. He is a main healer with some mobility but unlike Mercy, requires aim.

And also damage boost. He is the aim version of Mercy lol.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
My criticisms of Baptiste come down to this:

- I'm deeply concerned about the immortality barrier as it can potentially be as unfun as Sombra a hack or mercys Rez or brigs stuns. This isn't strictly speaking a balance issue, but a "should this mechanic be in the game at all" issue. That said, this needs competitive testing before any definitive statement can be made.

- His gun seems absurdly powerful. His burst fire is strong, but its hitscan and requires mechanics so whatever. But his healing is insane. Paired with an Ana, he can bring tanks back to full health with a few easy to land shots. Again, requires comp testing to prove, but its something I keep an eye on.

- The actual mechanic is fine, but I'm not a fan of his healing aura in how it just appears from him clinching his fist. Like, it doesn't seem to be a gadget or anything, its just a random thingh e can do. Now, lore isn't important in any way, I know, but it mildly bugs me when everyone else's ability is connected to their personality in some way. The fist clench could have been an ability for literally anyone.

- Lastly, his primary fire sounds so bad. It sounds like a pea shooter, like I'm barely firing anything at all. And there is no animation for his primary fire, his gun barely moves aside from the rounds moving into the chamber. Blizzard is usually top notch in terms of gun feedback, and his secondary healing fire is just fine, so why is his 3 round burst so weak sounding and looking?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Jesus Christ that was a heartbreaking and upsetting video to watch. It'd be nice if Blizzard would back up their voice actors and call out all of the shitheads who are harassing Matilda. I can't say I have a lot of faith that they'd do something like that, as they usually like to keep their hands clean of any "drama" or whatever, but for fuck's sake this woman's daily life now involves dealing with harassment because of something that is completely unrelated to her, and it'd just be nice if Blizzard would at least make a show of support and of condemnation for it. *sigh*

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Precious cinnamon roll.

ZFCyyMK.png

ploonkey

Oct 25, 2017
As people are trying to understand the beam dmg vs armor change, I'm seeing reference to "damage per tick". Can anyone explain what tick means in this context and why it's important?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
As people are trying to understand the beam dmg vs armor change, I'm seeing reference to "damage per tick". Can anyone explain what tick means in this context and why it's important?
Hey there!
Armor used to have a varying effect on damage over time and beam type weapons based on how damage instances were handled by the server (it's not the server tick rate, some weapons have different update rates).

This meant that Winston's primary fire would hit the maximum 50% damage reduction against armor because it had a faster damage update rate while Zarya's beam would lose a flat 15 damage per second (after the armor change from -5 damage per hit to -3).

So the general results after this patch are Winston's damage is increased against armor compared to before, Moira is about the same, Zarya and Symmetra are roughly the same at low charge and deal less damage to armor health pools than before while at high charge.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/these-patch-notes/308859/70

It's one more of the new consistency changes they're introducing, which results in some different numbers for some heroes.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
this might be out of contrast but i would like the next tank hero to be a single target shielder like zarya and reward you for pressing "W". make it so that shield stays up longer if you are always moving (ie, generate kinectic energy to power the shield)

also ana nade should be able to go thru shield like mei's ult. this way no more bunching up behind rein shield and dva or zarya gotta play smart to counter ana nade throw/effect

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I play less so it might be this but has anyone else noticing getting less we've taken action against someone your reported messages? It seemed like I used to get multiple per week but I haven't seen one one in forever and I'm still reporting people for racism/sexism/homophobia or just generally being an asshole.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I play less so it might be this but has anyone else noticing getting less we've taken action against someone your reported messages? It seemed like I used to get multiple per week but I haven't seen one one in forever and I'm still reporting people for racism/sexism/homophobia or just generally being an asshole.

Those aren't game dev staff.

Thanks Activision!

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Those aren't game dev staff.

Thanks Activision!
That's probably some of this but its been longer than before this stuff happened like a couple months or more. And some of these issues feel like automated moderation should've caught like someone calling some an f-slur in chat. I understand that voice chat is harder for them but I should probably getting someone instantly when they're just spamming the n-word in chat.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017

well more than you would have to be reporting that person for them warned or banned etc,,

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
About goats, i feel the devs havent really addressed the fact that most dps ults are kinda shit compared to tank ults

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Changes to the matchmaker coming, wonder what they are.
We're testing some under the hood changes on the PTR that affect the matchmaker. These changes are only enabled in the Arcade. We needed to put load on Arcade modes to load the matchmaker.

Quick Play will be up soon. In the meantime, you can join a custom game.

Thanks for your patience.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/quickplay-and-comp-disabled-on-ptr/310071/5

Also minor update to the live game
BUG FIXES

Heroes

Mei

• Fixed a bug where turrets, AI bots, and Ashe's B.O.B. would target a friendly Mei's Ice Wall
Maps

Venice

• Fixed a bug where players would fall through boats to their death
Sound

• Fixed a bug where the elimination sound effect would play after destroying a barrier
  • Fixed a bug where the elimination sound effect wouldn't play after getting a kill assist
  • Fixed a bug where the Deathmatch end of the game screens and the Play of the Game animation didn't have music
UI

• Fixed a bug where the kill icon wouldn't display after getting a kill assist

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if those are the queue times for if one went super granular and said "I want to play 76", I can see the apprehension. I wonder how the queue times are if one chose between tank/damage/support bins and broadened the range.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
when are they gonna fix the big, important bug

the clipping of Symm's dress into her legs with her balance victory pose that was introduced a few patches back

Status
Not open for further replies.