• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Yeah, that seems way too strong.

It'll allow him to engage and bail out (with fade) almost without risk - but hey, so can a Mei or Tracer or Genji or Winston or D.Va. And Winston aside, they can all deal decent damage beyond 5 meters. Maybe up the CD to 12, put Reaping back at 20 or 30%.

What I think of is those flanking midrange duels V a Reaper would become a lot more tense - wondering if he's got this super scary engage CD up.

Right now when a Reaper is coming in to ult, it's as obvious as a high ground McCree or aggro Rein - sleep, matrix, headshot.

Imagine the tension of a moment when you see a Reaper trudging toward your team and then poof! Who's he going to be standing in front of in 1.5 seconds? Where do I need to put this crosshair?

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
This Phatty Shatty tho.

Damn dude I didn't know you were still alive

I'm on PC now if you wanna add me
It isn't cancelled by damage - you can do 99% of a Reaper's health bar before he fades out and he'll complete the shadow step. A stun will do it, though.

My Reaper fix has long just been a mechanical change to Shadow Step. Reaper was always intended to be the anti-Mercy (back when he could consume souls and Mercy couldn't rez a hero whose soul he'd consumed) - so make Shadow Step the dark doppelganger of Guardian Angel.

-cooldown: 8s
-can only be used on a targeted enemy player
-Reaper fades into mist and flies towards the targeted enemy. He cannot be targeted, damaged or affected by CC during this.
-speed and targeting are identical to Guardian Angel, but it cannot be extended via jumps for additional mobility.
-can be cancelled by tapping the button mid-step.
-no moment of vulnerability as he reforms at his destination - he flies in, poof, he's on ya.

Removes all the dumbness of current SS, the ability weakness is its mid-long CD and the fact that its use, like GA, is dictated by the opportunities other players provide. Allows Reaper to safely approach for a gank or ult, or to chase down a fleeing target.
This might've worked with old Reaper (+ his new weapon spread), where he still consumed souls. That would make him the ultimate all-in character. Now it'd be too OP. Reaper's balance comes from the risk and strategic positioning to get in close, and this would remove that.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Damn dude I didn't know you were still alive

I'm on PC now if you wanna add me

This might've worked with old Reaper (+ his new weapon spread), where he still consumed souls. That would make him the ultimate all-in character. Now it'd be too OP. Reaper's balance comes from the risk and strategic positioning to get in close, and this would remove that.

I thought it was more how he's got the effective range of a Winston and Shadow Step is a useless Kill Me button.

Reaper is almost Bastionesque. If half his team (a speeding Lucio, a pocket Ana, a peeling D.Va) aren't working to support everything he does, he's eff'd. He can't peel you off an ally from 30 yards like a McCree can...

...but he could with a fix to Shadow Step...

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was more how he's got the effective range of a Winston and Shadow Step is a useless Kill Me button.

Reaper is almost Bastionesque. If half his team (a speeding Lucio, a pocket Ana, a peeling D.Va) aren't working to support everything he does, he's eff'd. He can't peel you off an ally from 30 yards like a McCree can...

...but he could with a fix to Shadow Step...
I feel that Reaper couldn't do his old job, tankbusting, well at all so they buffed that. I would hesitate to give him an assassin role.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
How ya boy gonna' bust tanks when half of them have capital-M mobility? Rein, Orisa, Zarya? Yeah sure. Easy.

Winston / D.Va / Ham? If they let you.
Capitalize on and punish mistakes. 5/6 seconds is enough time to kill those tanks if they burn their cool downs poorly. And if they escape, you've prevented them from doing their job of creating space

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
PS_Messages_20190126_160614.jpg

Yeah this went about as well as expected.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having trouble connecting on PS4 tonight? Takes a long time to get past the Entering Game part of the login and the only match I played had really awful lag.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Had a pretty interesting game last night. Started out with a 1-1-4 setup and we managed to win the first capture by sheer luck. For the second game the tank decided to go DPS. We lost. Third game was about to go the same but then all the DPS changed to tanks so we had 5 tanks and me as Brig. We took the point and they never managed to break through. Kind of fun to see the 2-2-2 totally fail against it.

(And I managed to get a 16 kill streak as Brig. With 35 kills in total.)

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Made up for last night and then some. Went up 200 with Hog/Orisa/Zen to 2350.

Should be up to 2375 but a random asshole yelled about our Lucio - who was in a 3 stack, wasn't in chat, and as far as I can tell didn't do anything wrong - and quit 1 minute into an Ilios match that was at like 15% to 0

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Kids are scary.

Met a 14 year old girl who is a monster DPS yesterday. Peaked at 4k in season 10 (tracer/widow).

She was goofing around her brother's account because she mostly play on PC these days. Glad she was on my team lol.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Found a working PS4 code in my steelbook that I got on launch day for the Noire Widowmaker skin! Seems to still be able to redeem!

Gonna try and sell it so that I can get the PC version of the Noire skin. A site has them on sale for 65 dollars. Or just get really lucky and find someone who wants to trade!

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Found a working PS4 code in my steelbook that I got on launch day for the Noire Widowmaker skin! Seems to still be able to redeem!

Gonna try and sell it so that I can get the PC version of the Noire skin. A site has them on sale for 65 dollars. Or just get really lucky and find someone who wants to trade!
Do you really like it that much???

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Well since I switched from PS4 to my laptop I'm a little miffed that I can't use any of my exclusive skins like Noire, Pink Mercy, Atlantic/Pacific Genji and Tracer etc cause they're all on my PS4. So yeah I really want at least the Noire skin!
That's strange. Noire makes sense as a preorder, but I was fairly certain the others were account wide unlocks. I had Officer D.Va and Oni Genji unlocked already, for example.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got lucky and got Widow's lunar new year skin from last year in a loot box. Now I'm just trying to get Pharah's skin from last year, either by loot box or by earning 150 more coins to buy it.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
5 matches in a row where not a single person grouped up at any point, and it was constantly 4 1v6 battles, then me trying to stick with at least another person.

No combo'd ults. Most wasted in said 1v6 encounters.

Sometimes this game is a complete dumpster fire.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Why is there a Widow in every game now?

Ranked has literally become a dice roll on getting a good Widow or not, they never switch.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Overwatch for something like a year and I'm kind of getting back into it. Where the hell do all these Widows come from on console? Widow used to be impossible to play unless you were on mouse and keyboard. Yet there is a pretty sick Widow in every game now. Did people get good? Did they buff her auto aim? Or is everyone playing with a mouse?

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Think I just won my first round of Mystery Heroes out of like the last two or three weeks I played. I have fun longer if I switch between modes rather than play just one repeatedly so I've been flipflopping between them to get my loot and this week get the placements done for Comp CTF, and good god I don't think I've had a worse streak of "The opposing team got a Mercy, Bastion and three tanks, there's nothing you can do now.". Used to love this mode but either I've changed or I got consistently unlucky but it has not been fun lately.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played Overwatch for something like a year and I'm kind of getting back into it. Where the hell do all these Widows come from on console? Widow used to be impossible to play unless you were on mouse and keyboard. Yet there is a pretty sick Widow in every game now. Did people get good? Did they buff her auto aim? Or is everyone playing with a mouse?

Widow got good because of the change in aiming on console. Sure, you'll get the occasional asshole mouse Widow, but she's really viable now on controller.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a pretty casual player and would never go near competitive but the impression I get from playing mystery heroes is that Moira is the one that wins games

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a pretty casual player and would never go near competitive but the impression I get from playing mystery heroes is that Moira is the one that wins games

Moira is definitely solid, and I love playing her, but she's in no way a win button. For example, D.Va can absorb her orbs with her defense matrix, so that just completely shuts down that ability.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember what the setting is called because the add a new one every other week pretty much, but you want Aim Assist Legacy to off.
They fixed how auto aim works and now you can change a setting that chooses between smoother transitions or faster ones for aim ease in i think, basically, aim assist works now

Oh wow. Interesting. Is this something I should look into or is this purely something for Widow players? I used to be pretty good with McCree and now I'm doing okay with Ashe as well. Might be interesting if there is a setting I could change to improve aiming.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Moira is definitely solid, and I love playing her, but she's in no way a win button. For example, D.Va can absorb her orbs with her defense matrix, so that just completely shuts down that ability.

Yeah I'm purely talking about mystery heroes when you have no control over composition. It's what i spend probably 90% of my time playing

I'm sure it's just me but I find it really difficult to make any kind of decent contribution with wrecking ball, he's the one character I dread being given

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow. Interesting. Is this something I should look into or is this purely something for Widow players? I used to be pretty good with McCree and now I'm doing okay with Ashe as well. Might be interesting if there is a setting I could change to improve aiming.

Again, I can't remember exactly, but I think aim assist ease in should be close to 0 for projectile heroes, and close to 100 for hitscan.

Yeah I'm purely talking about mystery heroes when you have no control over composition. It's what i spend probably 90% of my time playing

I'm sure it's just me but I find it really difficult to make any kind of decent contribution with wrecking ball, he's the one character I dread being given

He's a fairly technical hero: it'd be worth spending time in training to get his movement down. If I'm going to keep it basic, his general gameplan involves using his movement (the grapple hook can get you through some crazy shortcuts: if you know the night market map in Lijang Tower, he can swing outside the map outside of down spawn, and land on the point) to get around the map and flank enemies. You want to swing above them, slam down, then shoot them while they're in the air. You're basically a disruptor: you can just come swinging out from stupid angles, land in their back line, and escape. Don't go engaging by yourself, but if the rest of your team is firing on a Rein shield for example, don't be afraid of swinging behind them to fluster them.

If all else fails though, just grapple to the objective and spin around in circles.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Helps all heroes, it improves massively hitscan heroes as it's more consistent than before, iirc the setting is a sloder that goes from 0 to 1 and one side favors projectile and the other hitscan, but since i play lots of different heroes i keep mine at default(0.5)

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, I can't remember exactly, but I think aim assist ease in should be close to 0 for projectile heroes, and close to 100 for hitscan.

He's a fairly technical hero: it'd be worth spending time in training to get his movement down. If I'm going to keep it basic, his general gameplan involves using his movement (the grapple hook can get you through some crazy shortcuts: if you know the night market map in Lijang Tower, he can swing outside the map outside of down spawn, and land on the point) to get around the map and flank enemies. You want to swing above them, slam down, then shoot them while they're in the air. You're basically a disruptor: you can just come swinging out from stupid angles, land in their back line, and escape. Don't go engaging by yourself, but if the rest of your team is firing on a Rein shield for example, don't be afraid of swinging behind them to fluster them.

If all else fails though, just grapple to the objective and spin around in circles.
Spin to win, baby!

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando

FitzyHere plays a mean Hammond.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Does the default settings on PS4 have aim assist on?

Yeah, aim assist is on by default, as it is for usually every online shooter on console. Note that aim assist in this sense is more to do with slowing down the crosshair when it passes over a target, not like Red Dead where your aim snaps to target closest to the centre of the screen when you ADS.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Yeah, aim assist is on by default, as it is for usually every online shooter on console. Note that aim assist in this sense is more to do with slowing down the crosshair when it passes over a target, not like Red Dead where your aim snaps to target closest to the centre of the screen when you ADS.

So it better to turn it off for projectile heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.