• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Moss Roberts translations are by far the best. It was an amazing read, but the bookis gigantic so I doubt you could even finish by the event.

As a huge three kingdoms nerd, half these skins were literally made for me. That Guan Cena Rein skin is amazing

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So there probably isn't a way but figured it was worth asking anyway. I have ~230 hours on OW and rank about low/mid plat, nothing spectacular but I generally at least have serviceable aim and gamesense.

GF started playing on my account a few weeks ago and she's good when you consider she's a complete newbie to pvp shooters outside of cod, but I have noticed there's a sizable MMR drop even though she just plays QP and Arcade. As fun as it is being MVP every match now, I see some things that frustrate the hell out of me (unstoppable bastions, hitscan characters ignoring Pharah even when she doesnt have a pocket mercy or zen etc.). What do

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
So there probably isn't a way but figured it was worth asking anyway. I have ~230 hours on OW and rank about low/mid plat, nothing spectacular but I generally at least have serviceable aim and gamesense.

GF started playing on my account a few weeks ago and she's good when you consider she's a complete newbie to pvp shooters outside of cod, but I have noticed there's a sizable MMR drop even though she just plays QP and Arcade. As fun as it is being MVP every match now, I see some things that frustrate the hell out of me (unstoppable bastions, hitscan characters ignoring Pharah even when she doesnt have a pocket mercy or zen etc.). What do

Get her her own account.

Gungriffon

Oct 30, 2017
Had a couple of wild back to back comp games. Solo Q'd and get matched with a 5-pack for teammates. Great team comp, good dps players. We crushed the opposition, barely losing a fight.

Next game Im fighting against the previous 5-pack. Our team comp looks like a mess so I go Moira and hope for the best.
Obviously I fear the worst, and for the first 2 pushes on attack we get smashed, but manage take both points somehow. On defense we lose the 1st point instantly but after alot of counterpicking manage to hold for like 6 minutes with multiple close calls.

Games like these are why I keep coming back despite all the bullshit.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
hyped for the brig nerf and event tomorrow.

i've been taking breaks inbetween events for i can do long sessions and grind everything out during events and not get burned out :)

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Played around 60 hrs quick play then played first comp placement match yesterday and got my first 5k ever as Lucio on volskaya attack point b. I'm sure it's beginners luck cause i very rarely even get 4k's as any hero. I was disappointed I didn't get PotG though; lost out to a riptire 4k. Won the match at least.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there per-character controller configs on PS4? I want to get into Lucio but trying to wallrun and aim at the same time requires a third hand I simply don't have.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
yep, I've got jump on L1, amp on R1, crossfade on X, and sound barrier on L3

make sure you toggle backwards wall ride to on as well

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I use jump on L2 for most heroes. Amp and cross on L1 and L2, primary on R2, boop... on R3.

Most of my supports have melee on L3 so it works out.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Man I'm so stingy with this fake ass money. Got 3,000 cr from levelling lootboxes but don't wanna spend it just in case I get what I want from levelling up.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
whats everyone hoping the free lootbox will get you? im expecting something i didn't get from last lunar event. idk how much coin i have banked. gonna just get orisa and tracer (even though i don't play her lol)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
whats everyone hoping the free lootbox will get you? im expecting something i didn't get from last lunar event. idk how much coin i have banked. gonna just get orisa and tracer (even though i don't play her lol)
Whites and blues and my retirement from the game

Sounds like a go-er! Thanks :)
You're welcome!
I just use the default controls for Lucio. I ain't no bitch. You can't stop me.
You can really play claw? That's insane and probably awful for your hand, you need to be able to aim while wallriding bruh D:

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I've been trying to figure out this "Halt State" trophy for Orissa, and I think maybe I'm confused as to how it works. It seems incredibly difficult to get? Does anyone have any tips on how to actually get this thing, or is it basically Rapid Discord 2.0?

Hoping for? Orissa.
Expecting? Blues, Whites, and Dupes.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a huge fan of bumper jumper period in console FPS. The more I can keep my fingers on the sticks the better. I could imagine someone like Hammond makes that difficult though.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
yeah, I used bumper jumper in halo and destiny so putting Lucio's jump in L1 felt natural
very quickly I had it like that for everyone

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also L1 to rocket jump as Pharah and L2 to regular jump, makes hovering feel like it should.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to figure out this "Halt State" trophy for Orissa, and I think maybe I'm confused as to how it works. It seems incredibly difficult to get? Does anyone have any tips on how to actually get this thing, or is it basically Rapid Discord 2.0?

It is? Just having characters tethered isn't enough. The window for applying the damage is... odd? Narrow? One of the hardest achievements in the game imo.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
NEW SEASONAL EVENT: LUNAR NEW YEAR 2019
Get ready to ring in the Year of the Pig!

We're celebrating the 2019 Lunar New Year with a festive Capture the Flag version of the Busan map, Season 2 of Competitive Capture the Flag, and a load of loot! Unlock new seasonal items, including legendary skins for Huang Zhong Hanzo, Lü Bu Reaper, Guan Yu Reinhardt, Zhang Fei Torbjörn, Hong Gildong Tracer, and Zhuge Liang Zenyatta.

To learn more about Overwatch Lunar New Year, click here.

HERO UPDATES
GENERAL
Developer Comments:
Before this change, armor reduced all incoming damage by up to 5, maxing at half of the normal amount. This change reduces the damage reduction to 3, while still capping at half. This change will be most noticeable for heroes who fire quickly or in bursts, such as shotguns, and do more than 6 damage per shot. For example, Soldier: 76's Heavy Pulse Rifle will now do 16 damage per shot to armored opponents, up from 14 (an increase close to 15%).
Armor was a bit too strong overall, especially when heroes were being healed quickly and often. This change will help more heroes fight against higher-armored enemies.

• Damage reduction from armor reduced from -5 to -3

BRIGITTE
Developer Comments:
Sometimes Rally could cause a snowballing effect, making it too difficult to deal with the increased health of Brigitte's allies before she built up another one. This change limits how long Rally's effect lasts after its initial cast, to make it a bit more manageable in those situations.
RALLY
  • Now has a maximum duration of 30 seconds
D.VA
Developer Comments:
This change allows D.Va's enemies to play around her Defense Matrix by increasing its downtime between uses.
DEFENSE MATRIX
  • Cooldown increased from 1 second to 2 seconds
REAPER
Developer Comments
Reaper's passive enables him to play aggressively when near enemies. This change allows him to keep the pressure up while he's dishing damage to his enemies. The added life steal is particularly effective against tanks, as they tend to do less damage than other heroes, and also take more damage from his Hellfire Shotguns due to their larger hit volumes.
THE REAPING
  • Life steal increased from 30% to 50% of damage dealt
BUG FIXES
HEROES
General

• [PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug that caused a delay for heroes loading into the victory screen line up if they had a golden weapon equipped
McCree
  • [PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug that caused McCree's model to distort if he used Combat Roll to the right with the Sherlock skin equipped
Tracer
  • Fixed a bug that caused Tracer's Pulse Bomb to detonate on the wrong side of Orisa's Protective Barrier when it was placed on the front
Wrecking Ball
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Wrecking Ball's proximity mines from being disabled by Sombra's EMP
  • [PS4/XB1] Fixed a bug that caused Wrecking Ball's golden weapon to display incorrectly when using certain skins
COMPETITIVE PLAY
Competitive Play

• Fixed a bug in Competitive Play that prevented the team color on the payload progress bar from switching after a round transition
MAPS
Nepal

• Fixed a bug that allowed players to capture or contest the point from its exterior on Nepal's Shrine stage

Nov 14, 2017
I'm a huge fan of bumper jumper period in console FPS. The more I can keep my fingers on the sticks the better. I could imagine someone like Hammond makes that difficult though.
This is the one reason why third party controllers like Scuf are worthwhile. Next gen controllers should come with underside paddles by default, so we can jumped and look around without loosing whatever should be on the shoulder buttons.

daydream

Oct 25, 2017
CNT19tb.png

my patch note for dva is weird

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
is match chat broken for anyone else? I can do team chat but the tab key just does nothing, it doesn't let me change to the match chat channel.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
hope none of yall are playing rank. you guys should know by now that you never play this after a big patch/event lol

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Goats

DId Reaper's buff really hit consoles unchanged? Oi vey. This is gonna be something.
Maybe he'll dominate at the lower levels, but I really doubt he'll be this unstoppable beast at the higher levels like some of you are saying.

Don't know why console players keep worrying about him. He still sucks at any range besides very close range. Plenty of the dps heroes can still deal with him.

Last edited:

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Reaper sucks.

What you should be really worried about is the armor nerfs. Tanks like hammond with their CC and high mobility will be a nightmare now due to more damage.

Quote me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.