• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting worse and worse at this game. Played 6 matches of comp between yesterday and today and lost 5 of them. I'm Silver now and probably will never climb back out again.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
look at him!!!

b88ac1e5f34cff3bd60c8b846c94ac75.jpg
just give us Symm and maybe Hammond and I think I'm set

Edit:
anyway this was fun

Last edited:

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I tried to tanking in all my games today as Reinhardt. It's absolutely infuriating, I've never experienced it firsthand before.

How am I supposed to get better as a main tank without throwing in comp? You cannot play QP unless you happen upon a group who wants to play seriously, even then you have games where a fucking Bastion and Widowmaker are making it so you cannot push forward and some fucker is playing Pharah for some reason. You attempt to rotate and flank around to the side of the point where the Bastion can't see you, and you realize the rest of your team is still at choke and you went all by yourself (after spamming "Group Up").

This game fucking sucks... a lot.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I got the competitive itch again but I know that the moment I start playing ranked the fun I have right now will turn to salt really fast.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I tried to tanking in all my games today as Reinhardt. It's absolutely infuriating, I've never experienced it firsthand before.

How am I supposed to get better as a main tank without throwing in comp? You cannot play QP unless you happen upon a group who wants to play seriously, even then you have games where a fucking Bastion and Widowmaker are making it so you cannot push forward and some fucker is playing Pharah for some reason. You attempt to rotate and flank around to the side of the point where the Bastion can't see you, and you realize the rest of your team is still at choke and you went all by yourself (after spamming "Group Up").

you can learn characters just fine in quick play

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
I'm getting worse and worse at this game. Played 6 matches of comp between yesterday and today and lost 5 of them. I'm Silver now and probably will never climb back out again.

Streaks happen in the game. Some is the system working against you, some is you working for/against yourself. I went 11-2 this morning, but I've been on the 1-5 side plenty of times.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

The life of a main tank is a hard one. I know that not everyone has time to sit around and watch twitch streams, but I actually started climbing by watching pro main tanks and learning from them.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
Tried doing LFG and lost 100 SR. Went solo q and gained 100 SR. Seems like this season is just roll or get rolled.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, after gaining around 200 SR the other day, I've been on awful losing streaks with randoms ever since in LFG.

I had to stop playing after I failed to realise one person in a group was private profile, turned out to be silver and he was dps. In a game v plats, it didn't go well, as expected. I cussed out the host for not telling us but I should have checked beforehand and called him out. Was too busy on my Switch!

I might get back into RS6 because Overwatch is starting to annoy me but I keep coming back because it's the only competitive multiplayer I still play. Switch will keep me busy for single player stuff.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My profile's public (confirmed it with a group, even) but I still get kicked every now and then. Maybe hosts look at win ratios or something, because I think mine is simething like 6:20 (win/loss)

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
t1PdOOx.jpg

This was a crazy Mystery Heroes match. Route 66 map, defending team had a great opening comp (Orisa, Bastion, Mercy, Hanzo, Pharah, Lucio) and we couldn't make a push, even got wiped out completely at one point. It looked like a stomp but then I got Zarya and a teammate got Zarya and the Bastion was dumb enough to give us charge and suddenly we were steamrolling through their defense. Used my ult twice as Zarya, and held onto her until the final stretch when we were stymied again because they got another great comp going; PotG went to their Bastion who went on a flank with his ult and took out three of us including my D.Va mech and my baby D.Va when I popped out and ran. On respawn I got Reaper though, went on a flank of my own, got slept by their Ana who couldn't solo me and quickly regretted it because I went on a kill streak and helped wipe out most of their team as my group pushed with forward pressure, and we scrapped our way to victory.

I really do like Zarya now. When I started playing Overwatch I didn't know what to do with her, but now I feel like I can be a real terror with her provided my team doesn't leave me hanging out there to be burst down.

Last edited:

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My profile's public (confirmed it with a group, even) but I still get kicked every now and then. Maybe hosts look at win ratios or something, because I think mine is simething like 6:20 (win/loss)

I have no problem playing with silvers if they are competent, to be honest, they have to be on A game in a plat match. This guy was a trash McCree who spent more time trying to sneak behind enemy team for 5-6Ks rather than actually dps. He wasn't good at all. I don't trust people with private profiles, what do you have to hide?

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have no problem playing with silvers if they are competent, to be honest, they have to be on A game in a plat match. This guy was a trash McCree who spent more time trying to sneak behind enemy team for 5-6Ks rather than actually dps. He wasn't good at all. I don't trust people with private profiles, what do you have to hide?
My profile is PUBLIC...

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Just had the best day on Overwatch. No throwing, good comms when there were comms, decent if surprising basic comps.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I made it up to platinum again...I don't think I've ever actually gone up a rank during an event before.

Aand after I say that I get 2 straight teams with 4 damage.

Last edited:

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God. It's the worst feeling when you have a bonkers game, and just can't quite carry the team. :(

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (2 Days): History of antagonizing behavior and hostility towards other members

lmaooo

on an unrelated note, just imagine how absurdly unintelligent and pathetic you have to be to think the counter to bastion and orisa is hog and hammond. how does 95% of this community actually exist

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
hog is just a feeding station for bastion. like by far the worst tank in nearly every scenario

You can honestly say that to all the Tank Heroes, as even when you play them correctly, you have to do "some" feeding in order to get value out of them (if that makes sense?)

Such as when you play Reinhardt, you have to drop your shield temporarily to use a fire strike, which you are vulnerable for a brief moment to the enemy team and they can get some ult charge. Or for any of the dive tanks that require you to go in to disrupt and harass the backline before heading out.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine frequenting a community thread where a mod posts all the time and still calling all the players pathetic

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Are there any overlays or addons or whatever that will automatically do the profile checking or whatever? I don't get how people have time to click on that stuff during a match.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any overlays or addons or whatever that will automatically do the profile checking or whatever? I don't get how people have time to click on that stuff during a match.
gotta raise your apm, if randoms can acces ps messages to ragemail you can check profiles lol

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
hows the server holding up? i swear they cut the budget on maintaining servers. right before the "big" update and the removal of the ping, things have gone to shit.
I only take a couple of seconds to hit P and check your profile if it's not private

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Does anyone else think they patched it so your endorsement level doesn't warble back and forth between 3 and 4 any more? I feel like I've been sitting at 4 for a solid month without dropping - which is weird.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Peace, friends, peace.

The Dark Side is easier. Quicker. More seductive - but not stronger.

Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
What's baffling is its only 2 days

He does it by wording his insults very deliberately to be about 'the player base' or 'devs' instead of anyone specific. That's why he got done in now, he slipped up by replying to a specific person and calling them unintelligent and pathetic instead of talking about players in general. He avoids a LOT of trouble he'd otherwise get into by calling the general Overwatch player base morons, acting as if he isn't in a community thread where the majority of overwatch players come to hang out. It's the same thing with developers. If he was talking about how Jeff Kaplan in particular was a moron, that'd fall under the TOS, so he always refers to them as the vague "devs"

It's actually annoying how often he gets away with being a blatant troll as long as he words it carefully enough.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Something magical is happening in this game today. And by that I mean wow. Throwers, tilters, bad play...

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
hows the server holding up? i swear they cut the budget on maintaining servers. right before the "big" update and the removal of the ping, things have gone to shit.
Well,

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ko...ence-growing-blizzard-is-cutting-costs.88690/
I've not seen any issues on my end and I play every day. NA/Orlamdo area.
Game is a stuttering, teleporting, laggy mess for me more often than not after this update. NA/East Coast/PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.