• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
They just confirmed that Baptiste is Hatian and will have Haitian voice lines.

His voice actor is Benz Antoine.
Vk7yoQC.jpg
That is freaking awesome!

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Bliz is probably thinking hard about how to design the next tank since for the most part both Orisa and Wrecking Ball have been overshadowed by their alternatives. In general it'll be hard to make a dent in the community's tank preferences, especially with shield tanks since Rein is both easy to play and very reliable with a big ass 2000 health shield.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
More supports, more Haitian dudes, more morally ambiguous types, more people with scouters - that's all good in my book.

Not really digging the blue/orange look though. Wonder what his skins will look like.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Love his design and voice, I haven't played OW in a couple months, but this will get me back on.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooohhh, finally.

Isnt this the third support they added now? Weird.
Start of game (putting Sym in DPS): 21 Heroes

13 DPS
5 Tank
3 Healer

Postlaunch: 9 Heroes

3 DPS
2 Tank
4 Healer

They expected 1 healer per game, and 2-2-2 as the default comp took them by surprise.

One of the super cool things that's emerged w/ Hammond is that he enables 3/4 DPS comps that were otherwise not really viable since he's tanky, mobile. and disruptive without being a quasi-DPS as a solo tank.
Bliz is probably thinking hard about how to design the next tank since for the most part both Orisa and Wrecking Ball have been overshadowed by their alternatives. In general it'll be hard to make a dent in the community's tank preferences, especially with shield tanks since Rein is both easy to play and very reliable with a big ass 2000 health shield.
Orisa getting to run at a mounted speed if she doesn't shoot or take damage for a few seconds is a pretty good community suggestion.

Hamtaro is actually seeing a lot of play in OWL whenever it's "not goats".

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Ooohhh, finally.

Isnt this the third support they added now? Weird.
Another support character...

The game launched with only 3 supports (Mercy, Zen and Lucio) and 5 tanks (D.VA, Roadhog, Winston, Rein and Zarya).

Symm was a support with health gen as ult instead of healing and got re-worked so she is a DPS now.

Torb also doesn't give you any armor so he is pure DPS now.

You guys need to realize that OW launched with extremely poor DPS to tanks/supports ratio and is taking forever to making it better.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of his design, but it is awesome having a Haitian hero.

I am happy that we get another male support, but less so that he is now our 4th black dude with STILL no black women :(

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
The game launched with only 3 supports (Mercy, Zen and Lucio) and 5 tanks (D.VA, Roadhog, Winston, Rein and Zarya).

Symm was a support with health gen as ult instead of healing and got re-worked so she is a DPS now.

Torb also doesn't give you any armor so he is pure DPS now.

You guys need to realize that OW launched with extremely poor DPS to tanks/supports ratio and is taking forever to making it better.
Yeaaa, true. Forgot about that.

For some reason though, looking at this game now, it feels like I'm looking at an old fling I once had. Even though I still play it from time to time. It's not the same anymore...

Also, not sure if such a simple design and basic type of character is what they need right now. Seems like going nuts and adding another crazy character like Hammond would spur more interest...

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe not but I do find the timing to be interesting.
I think diversity is more a long term trend, here its probably more a way to find a commercial window between the releases of Apex, Anthem or The Division. With the current gaaspocalypse, even studios and publishers are playing Battle Royale against each others.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are lucio and D.Va actually affiliated with Overwatch tho?
Pharah isn't other than her mom being a OG member.

They're all good aligned characters, but they are affiliated with other organizations.

Never said they were affiliated with over watch the question was if they are good guys