• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I love everything they showed, I'll buy it day 1 when it releases.

I dropped OW more than a year ago but I put more than 3000h on it and didn't spent a cent more besides the 70€ I paid at the start since I don't care about cosmetics so they definitely deserve my money.

Also lmao at people being confused by what this is, at this point I don't know what Jeff can say more to make things clearer.
I don't blame people for being confused. there's nothing about this that makes sense for it being called a sequel.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious what the price will be for what is essentially a graphics upgrade and single player expansion.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch? Wow! I was afraid Blizzard was disappointed with OW1 Switch sales after the Free HK boycott. This is great news.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Its great that Blizzard is allowing you to keep everything you've earned or bought in Overwatch 1 to carry over to Overwatch 2 AND having OW1 people be able to play with OW2 people.

And people dont like this?

Like ....why?

Big publishers need to pay attention here and take note: if you do something that is consumer-friendly everyone will be confused and angry. So, big publishers, be more consumer-unfriendly because apparently thats what people want.

Nov 14, 2017
It just needs to function the same, mechanically. I would find it surprising if OW1 gets any of the engine or graphical upgrades.
But if both games are going to function the same in PVP, it makes more sense to move OW1 to the new codebase. Otherwise they are stuck trying to keep two separate bits of code in sync, which sounds like a nightmare.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its great that Blizzard is allowing you to keep everything you've earned or bought in Overwatch 1 to carry over to Overwatch 2 AND having OW1 people be able to play with OW2 people.

Like ....why?

Big publishers need to pay attention here and take note: if you do something that is consumer-friendly everyone will be confused and angry. So, big publishers, be more consumer-unfriendly because apparently thats what people want.

I also feel perplexed. What do people want? If you don't want PVE, you can keep on playing PVP in Overwatch without missing anything.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
the mad lads actually did it, this is the best possible way to do a sequel

keep all the maps and heroes of the first game and just add more multiplayer stuff while also adding a whole pve side

Do we know if ability customization is a thing for pvp or not though

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, hoping the PVE stuff is epic and fun. The stuff from the events in base game got old super fast.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Honestly, hoping the PVE stuff is epic and fun. The stuff from the events in base game got old super fast.
yeah that's the thing

they could add 20 brand new missions but i still wouldn't want to play them more than a few times, just happy they're doing a big pvp update and advancing the lore

I imagine it'll probably be $40 on PC again, who knows for consoles

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This looks dope, can't wait.

Have they released a full version of the OW2 art with the cast, would love to use it as a wallpaper.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Do people honestly believe that, in the span of literal weeks, because of the HK controversy, they made Sojourn a hero, designed her moves, made everything playable, and then have cinematics and art ready as a way to counter the HK problem?

I'm not ever going to say that Blizzard was right and that they handled everything perfectly. They dropped the ball hard. But come on.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
This is the best trailer so far, love it. Mei and Bri were so cute.

And I don't even play OW.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
also so if you're a pvp person only, is the only point to buying this the inevitable exclusive cosmetics?

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Switch? Wow! I was afraid Blizzard was disappointed with OW1 Switch sales after the Free HK boycott. This is great news.

Overwatch has been one of the top selling games on the Eshop since it launched. At one point it was the #1 paid game. It just doesn't show on the best sellers tab because it's a bundle pack with NSO

I'm sure the decision far predates that
And this. Companies don't decide these things overnight.

Aug 12, 2019

It has been consistently a best seller since release, it just doesn't get lumped with other Switch releases because it is "technically a bundle" and thus doesn't get displayed properly on Nintendo's terribly laid out and un-intuitive eShop (I love Nintendo to pieces, but my god do they need a better shop for such a successful system).

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018

Like ....why?

Some people are just going to criticize everything Blizzard does no matter what because of the Hong Kong thing I guess.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't blame people for being confused. there's nothing about this that makes sense for it being called a sequel.

is this the first game ever were people from the first game can play with people of the second game??

it could be confusing because i think is the first time that this happens no?

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
fuz8quntn4w31.png
Those open-sided streetcars don't look like they'd be very comfortable between October and April.