• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Can't OW1 be updated with a skill tree? This will suck if one of the big advancements is PVE only, and when you play the main game you have to go back to default gimped Tracer or whatever.

I mean, that is literally the conundrum between playing the single-player version of a game and the multiplayer version of a game.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Not saying it would be $60 anywhere. I mean on PC OW didn't even launch full price to being with. Consoles had to pay full price and they handwaved it by giving out a couple skins.

$60 if you didn't buy into OW ever? Sure. 30 or 40 otherwise would be fine by me.

I think that's the fair move. $30 for the expansion for OW1, $50-$60 for Overwatch 2 as a standalone. (OW1+OW2)

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since they're adding Push, they have to have at least 3-4 maps for it right?

Looks like they're gonna use a lot of the Lucioball maps and make them full-fledged multiplayer maps

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Its really not. When you see a character in OW, you know exactly what they can do and how matchups will go. Adding PvP skill trees sounds horrible. Like, oh ok, I thought Lucio had default boop, not one that causes wall damage.
I mean, Paladins gets by just fine with it. You can see at any time which ability and loadout someone has picked, and they can't change it after the start of the match. The problem is that it ends up adding stupid amounts of balance problems, they recently cut an ability per character because they just couldn't keep up trying to balance 4 of them.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Paladins gets by just fine with it. You can see at any time which ability and loadout someone has picked, and they can't change it after the start of the match.
Paladins is designed around that from the beginning. Overwatch is not and just throwing it in out of nowhere sounds horrible. Game isn't designed around it.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
EIT8i0KXsAcSIIq.jpg:large
LMAO that right leg's calf muscle is crazytown.

Art's fine, though besides that.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Its really not. When you see a character in OW, you know exactly what they can do and how matchups will go. Adding PvP skill trees sounds horrible. Like, oh ok, I thought Lucio had default boop, not one that causes wall damage.
I disagree, I think it adds needed depth to the gameplay to mix it up. You can stay on Overwatch 1 if it sounds bad to you cause i believe talents will be part only of OW2.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Paladins gets by just fine with it. You can see at any time which ability and loadout someone has picked, and they can't change it after the start of the match.

It's not like it couldn't work in any capacity, I just think it's horrible game design and something that OW was specifically trying to avoid.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
"Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be. Dare to see it for what it could be."

Except when it comes to China, right Blizzard?

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
No at all.

You look at a character in OW and you instantly know what they can do, what they're capable of and what their weaknesses are. Soon as you add talents that goes out the window.
Once. I am not shocked when a Destiny 2 Hunter shoots a void bow instead of a golden gun. I know that is a possible thing that might happen.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
"Always remember: Never accept the world as it appears to be. Dare to see it for what it could be."

Except when it comes to China, right Blizzard?
No, it applies there. They dare to see a world where China gives them all the monies, instead of just some of the monies. It's an inspirational dream really.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I assumed the skill tree stuff was PvE only. It would be gross, frankly, if it were in PvP. Readability of the game would instantly be hurt, and it's already complex.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
All missions have a cinematic intro and outro.

Lucio isn't dead lmao

Actual cinematic trailer coming for what happens after Rio.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Stream of the new content

I mean, this is what I think people wanted for a while. And I'm glad that it exists...

But if this is all the 'sequel' is, pve story content that they promised from way back when, then there's 0 reason for me to pay for it. There's much better pve games out there and this really doesn't seem to be showing anythign innovative in the genre.

Assuming eventually they'll move over the whole thing and I'll be forced into it as maintaining 2 games can't be fun.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy to see the stuff from OW1 events (Retribution character select screen) getting fleshed out and used for 2

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's pretty clear what people mean when they say "Black woman."

Sombra is not that, I am sorry. I get why you responded to the post though.

Yeah I agree that we were missing someone from African descent (which the original post meant) but is really funny that many people don't see that a Latino doesn't necessary have to be a skin color.

Heck we have people with blue eyes and blond hair here! And they are Latinos!

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Watching XQC.

There's just not enough there in the new game mode, it's the same as the special events they've been doing...

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
"...battle royale games, like Apex Legends or PUBG." lol

I really wonder how long it's going to be until Blizzard finally dips their does into BR.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Mercy and Genji are not in the Rio mission as playable currently. They're in the background doing some other work but the devs are working on making a way to have them playable anyway. Not all heroes will be playable in all missions. For ex. Roadhog in Rio.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
stream doesn't wanna load oh well just gonna keep an eye on the thread then

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
Is it just me, or did they deliberately avoid name-dropping Fortnite when mentioning battle royale games?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Yeah I agree that we were missing someone from African descent (which the original post meant) but is really funny that many people don't see that a Latino doesn't necessary have to be a skin color.

Heck we have people with blue eyes and blond hair here! And they are Latinos!

I understand. It is misused a ton.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh weird, those items are basically other heroes' abilities huh (that barrier is just like Orisa's huh"

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So a 60eu patch? This isn't a hot take btw, genuinely curious as it feels like you can just stick to OW1 for your competitive multiplayer needs?

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
My son was really, really worried about losing all his Overwatch cosmetics and progress - he'll be very pleased to hear that's not happening!

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit for ages I was struggling to see how an Overwatch story mode could work but it seems pretty natural looking at Seagull's stream. It's like a playable Avengers game

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
So a 60eu patch? This isn't a hot take btw, genuinely curious as it feels like you can just stick to OW1 for your competitive multiplayer needs?

I would expect future cosmetic unlocks to be behind the new OW2 stuff, but yeah, if you don't want to upgrade, it sounds like you don't have to.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Gotta say I'm super hyped liked Overwatch but fell off cause I'm old and not great at pvp, pve stuff and a story mode is right up there for me

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any point buying OW2 instead of 1 if you're only interested in the multiplayer stuff? If I understand correctly OW1 is also getting all the new stuff for multiplayer?

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
honestly it hould be $40 for those that own overwatch 1, $60 for those that dont, given its a xpack.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit for ages I was struggling to see how an Overwatch story mode could work but it seems pretty natural looking at Seagull's stream. It's like a playable Avengers game
It will be very interesting if OW2 is mechanically more interesting than the Avengers game.

honestly it hould be $40 for those that own overwatch 1, $60 for those that dont, given its a xpack.

I mean, it should be 40 period.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I would love to play it but I don't know if I can support them at the moment with all the hong kong stuff