• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
No, it's a full SKU of its own with all the content built into a single game. It's not a bundle of things, it's actually a completely separate game with everything in one set of menus (including all the chefs etc). So unfortunately there's no cross compatibility between the older versions and this new one :/
Aw, dammit. That's both good and bad. It sounds like a good upgrade, but at the same time I won't be able to play with friends who haven't had the chance to get a Ps5 yet.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Aw, dammit. That's both good and bad. It sounds like a good upgrade, but at the same time I won't be able to play with friends who haven't had the chance to get a Ps5 yet.

From my experience so far it seems like a really good upgrade (Overcooked 1's visuals are way better running in the updated engine at 4K60) bar the situation you described, only major snag is that there's a huge bug on XSX right now with achievements in local co-op. Whenever you get an achievement it crashes back to main menu and controllers disconnect. Team17 said they're looking into it, from Reddit it seems like several others report the same problem.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
my bfs will never play this with me so online is a fantastic thing lol.

fuck yeah, this owns.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
From my experience so far it seems like a really good upgrade (Overcooked 1's visuals are way better running in the updated engine at 4K60) bar the situation you described, only major snag is that there's a huge bug on XSX right now with achievements in local co-op. Whenever you get an achievement it crashes back to main menu and controllers disconnect. Team17 said they're looking into it, from Reddit it seems like several others report the same problem.
It's possible I might have that bug too, then. Anyway, this sort of thing is a discussion for an OT. Hopefully there will be one soon.