• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
If Sony ends up making more standalone Astrobot games I can't imagine MS doesn't revive Banjo to compete in that genre.

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
Lost Odyssey seems to fill a more important gap for MS imo.

A big budget JRPG exclusive is something we haven't seen from MS for more than a console generation. Seems even more important now as Xbox keeps getting the short end of the stick with franchises such as Final Fantasy. This is a move that would turn heads.

On a side note, even though MS don't technically own the IP, they should look to fund a new Ninja Gaiden title

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Lost Odyssey seems to fill a more important gap for MS imo.

A big budget JRPG exclusive is something we haven't seen from MS for more than a console generation. Seems even more important now as Xbox keeps getting the short end of the stick with franchises such as Final Fantasy. This is a move that would turn heads.

On a side note, even though MS don't technically own the IP, they should look to fund a new Ninja Gaiden title
I wonder if Hajime Tabata and JP Games would be willing to partner with Xbox on Lost Odyssey? Mistwalker needs to be involved, of course, but they would likely need a second partner studio like they did on the first Lost Odyssey.

Shurp

Nov 29, 2017
Came into this thread to vote for Banjo, saw Freelancer and Lost Odyssey, and now want to make 3 votes

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
51FDAD76A3L._AC_.jpg
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!! A next-gen Mech Assault could be AMAZING! Uuuuugh, GIVE IT TO ME!!!

Haha, on a less dramatic note, I really want to see another Conker's Bad Fur Day game. I used to love that game back in the day but the comedy... hasn't aged well. It'd be cool to see what Microsoft could do with the IP with a new batch of writers.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
So many things that I personally would put above Banjo. I just don't care much about mascot platformers these days. But if they do Banjo, cool, I'd play it.

Anyway my top three would be:
- Combat Flight Simulator
- Lost Odyssey
- Freelancer

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Another vote for Banjo-Kazooie. I'll instantly purchase a Series X for this game if it's an evolution of the original.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
So many things that I personally would put above Banjo. But if they do Banjo, cool.

- Combat Flight Simulator
- Lost Odyssey
- Steel Battalion/MechAssault

Justice_DP

Jan 28, 2020
I hope that the following are going to be back sooner than later: Killer Instinct, Crimson Skies, Midtown Madness, Crimson Skies, Banjo, ...

OlivaItrana

Dec 3, 2020
Italia
I believe Zoo Tycoon got a last entry in 2013 (same as Killer Instinct), so it's not really dead (even though its future is probably compromised as the last game was apparently pretty bad).

My vote goes to Banjo-Kazooie though !

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I know its technically not theirs, but I'd love to see Xbox take the lead on a Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic reboot/remake/sequel. That would be the equivalent of a FF7 Remake for Xbox fans.

I figure that could be done by Obsidian with support from Bioware Austin in partnership with EA in order to access the license.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I voted lost Odyssey but honestly I'd be content with just an HD port to PC where the end game is playable. Trying to do side quests at the end of the game is one of the worst experiences I've ever had with gaming because you have to constantly swap disks lol.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Cinematic dark fantasy Kameo
Coop GAAS Jet Force Gemini
Mobile Gacha Viva Piñata

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
ive been told by people that ms should not make games based on old ip and that only new ip count. /s

banjo, kameo, mech assault

Oct 27, 2017
Banjo-Kazooie gets my vote, a new entry feels long overdue.
Like, pull a Crash 4 and give us a worthy Banjo-Threeie that honors the classic B-K formula while evolving it with ideas that actually fit within its open-world collectathon framework. Ignore Nuts & Bolts entirely because there's literally nothing from that game worth bringing back, it wasn't even really a Banjo game.
Double Fine or Moon Studios, either one would be fine as the developer.
I'd be among the 30 people who'd buy a Series X for Banjo-Kazooie 3 lol

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of Banjo, I think they should start putting the focus on new IP rather than revitalizing old franchises.

I'd fucking LOVE to see Banjo 3 though.

Telcius

Sep 21, 2020
OP should add another straw poll where you can vote for all of the series that you'd like to see return. It would be interesting to see some numbers other than for Banjo and for where people's interest lie. I'd love another Banjo, but I would also be interested in some of the lower tier franchises making a return.

Feb 8, 2018
they might win over folks by reviving franchises people remember playing on PC decades ago. I got flashbacks of playing Crimson Skies and the madness games reading the thread.

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
I want a Bloodwake or Hydro Thunder (I think MS owns this) just to show what next gen water effects can look like.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I'm running out of reasons to doubt XGS.. Won't have any left if they announce a banjo platformer.

But even if they do I'll silently hope for a kameo reboot or a lost odyssey continuation knowing they are too niche to have a chance in heck.

I want Banjo, but Viva Piñata is the smart choice today if properly marketed.
Viva piñata is nothing like animal crossing... If they made a vp game to cater to the animal crossing crowd I do not think it would be a very good game.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
Mechassault would be my number one, since I'm sure Banjo is already a lock, it's just a matter of time.

PGR.

I don't care how much of a conflict there is (or people perceive there to be) with Forza Horizon. I still think there's room for PGR.

Absolutely agree, both IP can exist. PGR was very different; Arcadey, track specific goals, made up tracks, focus on style driving.
If Microsoft simply cut PGR because its "another racing game too many", that's dumb (I don't know the real story, just what I've heard). PGR had its fans and it kept them coming to Xbox and they may not like Forza as much. That's like Nintendo cutting Kirby because "too many platformers, cut the fat". Some people buy Nintendo consoles just for Kirby.