• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah damn, makes sense. I just remembered it was published by Microsoft. Either way, they could probably strike a deal to get Jade Empire if they wanted to. I remember really enjoying the game.
Yeah, it was at a time where MS were making publishing deals with established studios, funding the full development/production and letting them keep the IP. Same with Mass Effect, Gears of War, Alan Wake, and Sunset Overdrive.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Viva Pinata, easily. Give us something bright and colourful and relaxing, and something not quite like any of the competitors.

Plus, if it's to the relative level of pretty that the originals were on the 360, boom, you've got the best looking game of the gen right there.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Blast%20Corps.jpg

DoktorAkcel

Aug 30, 2019
It's not their IP, but it was closely associated with Xbox from the beginning...
I want new Dead Rising. And a good one this time.
That, and a new Conker/Banjo would be great, too.

groovyalex391

May 7, 2020
Everyone says Double Fine for Banjo but nah, I wanna see them do Conker. I also wanna see Lost Odyssey get a remake.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I'll believe Fable and PD when I see it on shelves/ can download them. I've been fooled by MS before.

I also would like Banjo to make a return. Without some crazy gimmick. Just make a quality platformer.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
It would be Lost Odyssey for me, and it wouldn't even be close.

I do think they should be getting a new Banjo figured out, though. I'd be there for that day one, too.

Kind of a left field response, I guess, but I'd really like to see someone revisit Kameo. Even if it's a complete re-imagining, as I feel like there's a ton of potential there.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone says Double Fine for Banjo but nah, I wanna see them do Conker. I also wanna see Lost Odyssey get a remake.
I don't know why people keep suggesting Double Fine for these Rare IP 3D platformers. Double Fine seems to be such a creative studio that's bursting with their own ideas and finally has the financial backing to bring them to life. Under this circumstance, I don't see them having any desire to use their energy to bring old IP's of other studios back to life, unless somebody in a leadership role at Double Fine has the passion for it which I highly doubt.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Oh in addition to Banjo, I think MS should team up with Sega and start reviving old Sega IPs.
A new jrpg Phantasy Star. New Panzer Dragoon. Sega Saturn titles. Beyond the Oasis. Shining force.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I don't know why people keep suggesting Double Fine for these Rare IP 3D platformers. Double Fine seems to be such a creative studio that's bursting with their own ideas and finally has the financial backing to bring them to life. Under this circumstance, I don't see them having any desire to use their energy to bring old IP's of other studios back to life, unless somebody in a leadership role at Double Fine has the passion for it which I highly doubt.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Sep 29, 2020
MechAssault, Ninety Nine Nights (apparently) and Rallisport Challenge are the only MS owned franchises that I'd like to see revived.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Banjo is probably the only one left that could be considered at least a moderately low-risk revival, right?

For me personally, I'd like to see Lost Odyssey and Viva Pinata before it. But if I'm talking about what might be the highest floor to a successful revival it would have to be Banjo.

Oh in addition to Banjo, I think MS should team up with Sega and start reviving old Sega IPs.
A new jrpg Phantasy Star. New Panzer Dragoon. Sega Saturn titles. Beyond the Oasis. Shining force.
That would actually be really dope.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It has to be Banjo next. If Playtonic is up for it, give them twice the budget that they usually work with and it would still be relatively cheap. And obviously have them cross-over or team up with Yooka-Laylee in the game :)

Aside from that I'm hoping to see Crackdown, Blue Dragon, Voodoo Vince, Lost Odyssey and Jet Force Gemini again. They are all longshots, but a man can dream.

Had more fun with Voodoo Vince than any Banjo tbh if talking 3D platformers. We need more games with jazz too.

It's one of the most underrated platformers ever, maybe due to being on the wrong platform and looking uninspiring in screenshot. Of course when you play it, you quickly discover how creative and charming it actually is.

Fans of platformers that haven't played it should check out the remaster on Xbox/PC, while we wait patiently for a sequel.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Just do Banjo so I can give you my money, Microsoft.

I am fully ready to buy a Series S or X just for a new Banjo.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I said Banjo, but I realized that it would be an incredibly tough game to get right and please fans. There just aren't very many great 3D platformers out there today. Yooka-laylee, which is the closest thing to Banjo just wasn't good at all.

A new Viva pinata seems like a slam dunk though.