• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Been in line for 2hrs in ATL. So many people out. Forgot it was Columbus Day, maybe could have gone a random day instead over the next few weeks but I'm impatient I suppose. Let's get this done!

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
how long did it take?

Dropped it off at a drop box on Friday and the MVP site updated this morning
YZwLCrm.png

Seems like Gwinnett county is on top of things, which I appreciate.
It also means that they're not waiting to start processing ballots, which is also great.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
It's great to see all these people coming out to vote! Hope we continue to see this record turnout!

If you are looking for ways to support those standing in long lines, consider buying them some food! I remember hearing about this charity in 2018.
https://polls.pizza/

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
This tracker basically only going to go up exponentially it feels like as more and more in-person early voting starts. TX starts tomorrow too, but I'll probably wait until later in the week to vote.
Absolutely. Lots of big states starting early voting this week. Plus lots of voters just received their absentee ballots last week. So this week we should really start seeing an uptick with next week being really crazy

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Dropped it off at a drop box on Friday and the MVP site updated this morning
YZwLCrm.png

Seems like Gwinnett county is on top of things, which I appreciate.
It also means that they're not waiting to start processing ballots, which is also great.
Dropped mine off thursday, i keep checking the site hoping it would update

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Wow, I'm actually... proud of Florida? That just doesn't sound right.

Trump told all its republican supporters that vote by absentee ballots is fraud except in Florida where it is safe and they should do it.

I would attribute the intensity in Florida partly to that so I am keeping my expectations firmly in check after the Desantis/Scott debacle.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In CO, got my ballot today. Dropping it off today. My wife did the same, and we made sure our kids voted, too.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes. Got our ballots and we still need to drop them off. We were just going through the council and school board folks beforehand to check their positions.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Fucking hate MS does not have early voting. We did get all our older family member absentee ballots to help them avoid needing to stand in line and not catch covid. Fuck it is going to suck with my bad knee.

There is no deadline for requesting an absentee ballot in Mississippi. Feel free to vote by mail is what I'd say.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Lot of friends in GA being turned away because they were "sent mail in ballots", they never requested them. They are having to go elsewhere to cancel the mail in ballots then go back to try and vote later, but it appears tons of people are going through this, waiting in line for hours to be told no, to go wait in another line for hours just to be allowed to vote.

Fuckery abound

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on my confirmation e-mail in PA. Dropped it off on Friday, and the Drop Box felt like it was maybe jammed, or full. I didn't hear the envelope drop like it would in a mailbox. But, it was at the County Government Services building with two guards at the desk, so I feel relatively good that it will be fine.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Lot of friends in GA being turned away because they were "sent mail in ballots", they never requested them. They are having to go elsewhere to cancel the mail in ballots then go back to try and vote later, but it appears tons of people are going through this, waiting in line for hours to be told no, to go wait in another line for hours just to be allowed to vote.

Fuckery abound

Is there no way to check one's status online, so they don't need to go to a polling place to find out?

Certainly a terrible situation but thankfully they're finding these problems out early!

cyress8

Avenger
There is no deadline for requesting an absentee ballot in Mississippi. Feel free to vote by mail is what I'd say.
I wish I could, only option I could choose would be that I will be working. Don't want to risk them throwing away by ballot because of it. Rest of the options need a medical excuse, in the military, or over 65.

Will try to be at the polls at 4 or 5 am, I'm up at that time anyway.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Is there no way to check one's status online, so they don't need to go to a polling place to find out?

Certainly a terrible situation but thankfully they're finding these problems out early!

Don't think so, but if they sent you a mail in ballot at some point, you can't vote in person so folks don't now this and are going to vote in person and being turned away.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
+1 for Biden in GA. So satisfying. Worth the wait!

When I left the line was longer than it was before. Probably 3-4hrs.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eager to cast my vote next week in FL. Remember to pick no for Amendment 3 (jungle primaries), fellow Floridians!

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My ballot came in the mail yesterday. I was surprised to see Kanye on there. Now I need to research the other seats and amendments before making my decisions. There's a hopelessness knowing Louisiana will likely go Trump, Bill Cassidy, and Steve Scalise, but I'm making my vote against these ghouls.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
Dropped off my absentee ballot in Missouri a week or two ago. Does anyone know if I'm able to check online anywhere to see if it's been accepted with no issues?

Just tried calling but it rang through and said I'm unable to leave a voicemail.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still in line here in GA. They fixed/improved it, so moving much much much faster now. Should be done in probably a half hour. Been here 2 hours now.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
My ballot came in the mail yesterday. I was surprised to see Kanye on there. Now I need to research the other seats and amendments before making my decisions. There's a hopelessness knowing Louisiana will likely go Trump, Bill Cassidy, and Steve Scalise, but I'm making my vote against these ghouls.

Same for me in Tennessee - likely to go red on all fronts as usual but I'm voting like my lifedepends on it (it does)

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well... 4 hours later.. .Finally voted in GA! That's +2 (my wife & I). Eat shit trump.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well... 4 hours later.. .Finally voted in GA! That's +2 (my wife & I). Eat shit trump.
Damn, 4 hours. Good on you for waiting that long. Election Day lines are going to be absolutely insane. Anyone with the option to vote early should do so if they can. One of the most satisfying moments of the year for me and my wife was voting for Biden last week at our county courthouse.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Got my mailed ballot and going to turn it in directly via early voting, along with my brother and dad who all voted straight Democrat as well. Hoping AZ will go blue this time around.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Can someone please replace that first "turnout" in the Title of this thread with a ",".

The use of "turnout" twice is really bugging me. 🤣 😏

On subject, I'm going to try and get in and vote ASAP here in the next week.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
At Biden +7 the odds of him losing are vanishingly small.

Hilary was over 85 percent betting odds virtually everywhere. Odds may be small but it's not a 0% chance. If we didn't elect Presidents in a really stupid way then the scenarios would be way different. But it isn't insane to think a combination of Covid effecting things and a handful of states gives Trump the W.

Though I do agree he's in pretty big trouble.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Dropped off my ballot today (Florida). Gonna check the site every day until I see that it's received and counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.