• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Florida just dumped a bunch of reporting. Total US ballots cast is at 4.7 million. And as you can see, the website below isn't even fully updated based on the Tweet. We're likely right under 5 million.

For Florida, 17% of requested mail-in ballots have already been returned. Dems voting at a 52-28% margin over the GOP. 19% of other parties. Posted from a poster over in PoliEra.

Who is being voted for in the "others" category? And why are there over a thousand votes?

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I got my absentee ballot a few days ago. This is my first time voting. I'm in NY, so it didn't seem relevant before considering the Electoral College system, but I'm so angry this year that I don't even care if my vote doesn't really matter for the EC, I want to contribute to voting this idiot out. If there's a huge popular vote landslide I'll feel nice that I contributed to that.

People seem a lot more motivated and a lot angrier this year, and it's not surprising. A ton has happened since 2016, and people are just sick of it.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Please USA do not vote for Trump again.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I just got my mail in ballot yesterday. I'm going to fill it out and drop it off today.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
At a drop box? I thought early polling places (and thus drop boxes) open on the 24th? I'm in Seminole County so just wondering.
Its not early voting, its a mail in ballot that I am going to drop of at my campus drop box. Which gets delivered to the polling station tomorrow evening.

its my first time voting so I'm excited to get it done.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love the turnout. But scared there won't be enough help to call it on election day. Unless they a system in place to count these quick?

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Love the turnout. But scared there won't be enough help to call it on election day. Unless they a system in place to count these quick?

Depends, really. Early voting at polling places count on election day, 100%. For mail-in/absentee ballots, some states verify and count as they are received. Some verify but don't count until election day. Some don't do either until election day and beyond.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017

Yea pretty sure everything received before (or even on election day) are counted that evening and reported. The unknown is states where they've extended the deadline past the election day as long as they are postmarked on election day. As long as those states aren't necessarily that close it won't matter.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
Get your country back guys. The world is watching. What you do will have ripple effects around the world.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I am going to vote on election day. I need that to distract me.

Even though there is not a single competitive race on my ballot :(

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
Voted blue down the line, dropping my ballout off tomorrow. Feels good knowing this nightmare could be ending in a few weeks. I want government to be boring again.
Edit: and of course i voted yes for legal marijuana.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
We can vote early next week. Going to get my sample ballot, and me and my wife are going to knock it out in person.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Got my ballot today and brought it to the drop-off location (IL). It was hassle-free.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If at least one of these states is called for Biden in Election Day:

- Florida
- Pennsylvania
- Ohio
- North Carolina

It's pretty much over. Trump's path to victory is super narrow. Even if many of the swing states aren't called on November 3rd, one or more of these being called for Biden will give us a VERY good indication of the winner. Good thing for Biden, even if he loses states like Florida and Ohio, he still has a great chance of victory. We just probably wouldn't know the results on election night, unfortunately. So hopefully a couple of the states listed above are called for Biden on the 3rd!

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Received my ballot. Filled most of it out, and will get it in before the end of the week. Looking to legalize marijuana in jersey as well. Feels good.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Dropped my ballot off today in Iowa, there was a huge line at my auditors office! Crazy stuff.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Just got my mail in ballot today. My wife hasn't received hers yet but hopefully she gets it tomorrow or Friday.

We're not taking chances with the mail and will drop it off at a ballot box over the weekend. I feel kind of relieved now that I don't have to go vote in person in case the wait times ended up being very very long lol.

Another thing is that I'm moving by the end of this month. My current district is purple but trending blue while my new home is solid red. Not likely at all but it would be nice to get more of us blue bloods out here to make these R's sweat more lol.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So...my wife and I were filling out our mail-in ballots (Florida), finished them up and everything and...we forgot that our names are printed on the outside envelope and accidentally signed the other person's envelope. Now I don't know what to do.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
So...my wife and I were filling out our mail-in ballots (Florida), finished them up and everything and...we forgot that our names are printed on the outside envelope and accidentally signed the other person's envelope. Now I don't know what to do.
Def reach out to the local office and find out what they think you should do. You might be able to go there and get a new envelope. Man see this is why these ballots are so ridiculous so easy to trip up on something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.