• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2020
Washington State
I'm in WA. Once i get my ballot, the wife and i are going to put that little circle next to Biden/Harris and i am personally dropping off my ballot and hers at the Election Office drop box. Don't trust the mail for shit.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I received our ballots today in WI. Filled them out and immediately dropped them off at city hall.

Oeufcoque

Oct 27, 2017
I voted the day early voting started in Illinois. Glad it's done, now just gotta wait till Election Day.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I am voting in October. I'm in a deeply red state but am proud and excited to do my part in voting out Trump.

You're a good man, ExhaustedWalrus. Make your voice heard.

giphy.gif

Oct 29, 2017
I have a feeling that the pollsters have their models of the electorate wrong again. But this time, they're underestimating how badly we want Trump gone. He's going to lose in a landslide. Fuck him, fuck the GOP, and all their anti-Democratic, fascist bullshit. Let this be the beginning of the end of their shit party.

Everyone do your part!

God, I hope so.

I'll be putting in a vote the day early voting starts in my area.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Don't be terrified. all of this is great news.
also. Let me give you some perspective on how razor thin 2016 was and much due to stronger 3rd party votes and low enthusiasm for clinton

she lost
MI by .2%
WIS by .8%
PA by .7%

we don't have those factors this election and this level of enthusiasm mans this shit should be pretty damn good overall for a Biden win. Especially with how well he's doing in Arizona.

Channel 5 News said:
If you believe the polls as they've stood the last few weeks, Biden will win comfortably and bring the Senate with him.

Vote anyway.

Apologies, I should have been clearer. I'm not worried so much worried about Biden not winning.

I'm also not like a PoliERA expert or anything, but from what I've read, there is a really troubling picture arising based on the polls we're seeing; specifically the difference between Democratic and Republican mail-in voter turn-out combined with the polls indicating a Biden win. If the polls roughly hold where they are now, what's likely to happen is that on Election Night... Donald Trump will "appear" to have 400 electoral votes, because most of the Republicans will be voting in person while many of the Democrat mail-in votes will have yet to be counted so a lot of districts will be coming in late. And then as the late-count mail-in states votes are added up, the poll predicted picture will arise, where Biden is going to win (I think by something like 320-205 at the time when I read this, don't think the polls have changed much). But if it winds up somehow being close (really even if it doesn't) then the stupid shitcloud Trump is kicking up about election fraud looks ostensibly plausible, especially to his base. The issue compounding this is Americans have been conditioned by the news media that we know the results and a winner is declared on Election Night or the next day, even though the actual political process even normally takes a lot longer. Thanks to the pandemic, it definitely will.

Now I've not lost enough faith in our institutions that I think Trump gets somehow declared the winner and steals it. But he's damn sure to continue to raise the biggest shitstorm possible (I'm even halfway guessing he might have some deliberately bullshit "acceptance speech" or "victory party" on Election Night to further cloud the waters) and I fear right-wing loonies breaking out into conspiracy theories, armed protests, and violence because Biden "stole" the election. Especially if Fox doesn't report on it honestly... which... y'know...lol. If this is all true it's kind of like watching an impending car accident in slow motion, it's a scary picture.

All the more reason why I hope a landslide Biden win happens, because it feels like our democracy is going to be tested in some way, and 2020 already sucks.

Last edited:

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm going Tuesday afternoon in Minneapolis. It blows me away that people don't vote. It's so foreign to me, as my state leads the country every time. The thought of NOT voting is so absolutely foreign to just about anyone under 25 or so. I literally do not know anyone - outside of a handful of my high school senior students each time - who doesn't vote. And even they are pretty pumped about it this year.

We'v been in the mid 70s for decades, hitting 78% for the Obama years - -I'm willing to bet we make a pretty good run to break 80%.

EVERY vote matters. The margins have to be BIG this year to prevent all the BS the Trumpers are stirring up for November.

Anyone who was old enough to watch Florida 2000 go down and then doesn't vote...

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Got my ballot in Wisconsin. Let's kick this piece of shit out with a blowout.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Apologies, I should have been clearer. I'm not worried so much worried about Biden not winning.

I'm also not like a PoliERA expert or anything, but from what I've read, there is a really troubling picture arising based on the polls we're seeing; specifically the difference between Democratic and Republican mail-in voter turn-out combined with the polls indicating a Biden win. If the polls roughly hold where they are now, what's likely to happen is that on Election Night... Donald Trump will "appear" to have 400 electoral votes, because most of the Republicans will be voting in person while many of the Democrat mail-in votes will have yet to be counted so a lot of districts will be coming in late. And then as the late-count mail-in states votes are added up, the poll predicted picture will arise, where Biden is going to win (I think by something like 320-205 at the time when I read this, don't think the polls have changed much). But if it winds up somehow being close (really even if it doesn't) then the stupid shitcloud Trump is kicking up about election fraud looks ostensibly plausible, especially to his base. The issue compounding this is Americans have been conditioned by the news media that we know the results and a winner is declared on Election Night or the next day, even though the actual political process even normally takes a lot longer. Thanks to the pandemic, it definitely will.

Now I've not lost enough faith in our institutions that I think Trump gets somehow declared the winner and steals it. But he's damn sure to continue to raise the biggest shitstorm possible (I'm even halfway guessing he might have some deliberately bullshit "acceptance speech" or "victory party" on Election Night to further cloud the waters) and I fear right-wing loonies breaking out into conspiracy theories, armed protests, and violence because Biden "stole" the election. Especially if Fox doesn't report on it honestly... which... y'know...lol. If this is all true it's kind of like watching an impending car accident in slow motion, it's a scary picture.
a lot of states count mail ins early which will help a lot. And some count day of. But I think as long as our media doesn't pull bullshit on calling races early we should have a good enough picture by the morning in most states.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
The gf and I were planning to vote by mail in AZ, but with all the USPS fuckery and Trump implying he's looking to discount mail votes, we'll be voting in-person early instead.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
It's telling to me that it's a console launch year, I'm getting a 65 inch LG CX, and the new Nvidia cards look insane.

But I'm most excited about the election. Trump taking a beating would make me the happiest out of everything.

Last edited:

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I'm going Tuesday afternoon in Minneapolis. It blows me away that people don't vote. It's so foreign to me, as my state leads the country every time. The thought of NOT voting is so absolutely foreign to just about anyone under 25 or so. I literally do not know anyone - outside of a handful of my high school senior students each time - who doesn't vote. And even they are pretty pumped about it this year.

We'v been in the mid 70s for decades, hitting 78% for the Obama years - -I'm willing to bet we make a pretty good run to break 80%.

EVERY vote matters. The margins have to be BIG this year to prevent all the BS the Trumpers are stirring up for November.

Anyone who was old enough to watch Florida 2000 go down and then doesn't vote...
I plan on voting here soon as well, but maaaan some of the people on the ballot it is very difficult to look up information on them. Mainly for local elections and school board information. I need to do a bit more research before I head out and vote, but otherwise I'm so ready to vote Trump out.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Still waiting on my absentee ballot here in GA. Will be dropping it off at the office in person within 24 hrs once I receive it.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
a lot of states count mail ins early which will help a lot. And some count day of. But I think as long as our media doesn't pull bullshit on calling races early we should have a good enough picture by the morning in most states.

From what I understand, it simply depends on the electoral map. I'm in Florida, and we should be counted by Election Night; and I mean if Biden wins FL which is quite possible then that whole scenario really doesn't play out at all. But it very likely could.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's telling me that it's a console launch year, I'm getting a 65 inch LG CX, and the new Nvidia cards look insane.

But I'm most excited about the election. Trump taking a beating would make me the happiest out of everything.
I got a CX and a ps5 and series x pre-ordered and the election is whats on my mind too, this shit has me more amped than all the E3s lol.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
From what I understand, it simply depends on the electoral map. I'm in Florida, and we should be counted by Election Night; and I mean if Biden wins FL which is quite possible then that whole scenario really doesn't play out at all. But it very likely could.
Yeah. Let's put good energy in the air. The start of this second year of the new decade will have more hope than despair.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
NC here. Got my ballot on 9/16. Mailed it off on 9/17. Verified accepted a few days later.

giphy.gif

Congrats! NC starts counting their mail-in ballots two weeks before Election Day. If we see a call of the state for Biden by the evening, it's OVER.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I plan on voting here soon as well, but maaaan some of the people on the ballot it is very difficult to look up information on them. Mainly for local elections and school board information. I need to do a bit more research before I head out and vote, but otherwise I'm so ready to vote Trump out.
If by "here" you mean Minneapolis, I can be of service. : )

I'm a teacher, so school boards aren't an issue (if you're in Mpls. I can help you. Or the Robbinsdale district, cuz I teach there. What city you in?) For Mpls. there's two city questions that are easy Yes votes - just syncing up elections so the state and city don't clash, and the city council and Mayoral races stay synced up..

None of the billions of judges races have opposition on my ballot except for the Assoc.Supreme Court seat. Vote for the incumbent . So that's easy.

I assume you know your POTUS, Senators, state sen/leg people votes.

And that's it! No weird stuff this year - all the park boards and district commissioners and crap aren't on the ballot.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii folks should be receiving their mail-in ballots in the second week of October (mailing dates are 10/3-10/5 depending on island), you can mail them in or drop them off at service centers or drop boxes all around the state.

https://histategis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=40a88743b85b4fbfb8cf6128bacfedcf

Early in-person voting begins at Voter Service Centers on October 20th, there is same-day voter registration available at those Service Centers as well. See the above map for locations.

VOTE!!!

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
If by "here" you mean Minneapolis, I can be of service. : )

I'm a teacher, so school boards aren't an issue (if you're in Mpls. I can help you. Or the Robbinsdale district, cuz I teach there. What city you in?) For Mpls. there's two city questions that are easy Yes votes - just syncing up elections so the state and city don't clash, and the city council and Mayoral races stay synced up..

None of the billions of judges races have opposition on my ballot except for the Assoc.Supreme Court seat. Vote for the incumbent . So that's easy.

I assume you know your POTUS, Senators, state sen/leg people votes.

And that's it! No weird stuff this year - all the park boards and district commissioners and crap aren't on the ballot.
Not in Minneapolis unfortunately, but I appreciate the help. Yeah, thanks god there isn't a billion other local things to vote on.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Last election was almost 130 million, no?

136m and some change. at 55.5% turnout that's out of 245m folks of the voting age population. it's supposed to be over 255m right now, which means at 2016 turnout levels this represents about 0.6% of overall votes.

but in 2016, it was 0.007% of overall votes at in a similar timeframe. so that's a good sign.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Hawaii folks should be receiving their mail-in ballots in the second week of October (mailing dates are 10/3-10/5 depending on island), you can mail them in or drop them off at service centers or drop boxes all around the state.

https://histategis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=40a88743b85b4fbfb8cf6128bacfedcf

Early in-person voting begins at Voter Service Centers on October 20th, there is same-day voter registration available at those Service Centers as well. See the above map for locations.

VOTE!!!
Jealous! I want to vote in Hawaii! I WILL at some point. Been working on moving there at some point - -but probably won't be until retirement unfortunately. I'm a teacher, and Hawaii schools, man. I just can't. I always say I live in Minneapolis 50 weeks a year and Honolulu 2 weeks a year. I very much want to flip that ratio. Crushed I won't make it there this year because of COVID.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to bring back NE-2 for the dems. Everyone I know requested a mail-in ballot and will be dropping them off.

SirRugdumph

Oct 27, 2017
My partner and I dropped our ballots off today at the democracy in the parks event in Madison, WI (and fuck the state GOP for trying to scare people away from it). After growing up in the deep red Deep South, I'm excited for my vote to actually mean something.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
In my state there are 7 million registered voters and so far 1 million have requested an absentee ballot.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Should be getting my mail-in ballot in the next few days. Florida here.

Also, early voting doesn't seem to start until late October here. Is that only for in-person voting? If voting by mail, can I mail it in as soon as I get it? Or at least drop it off at the Supervisor of Elections' branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.