• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which download options are you going to get to play these Flash games?

• 250GB

Votes: 37 28.7%
  • 300MB

Votes: 59 45.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 33 25.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so awesome. Line Rider and its various versions, Desktop Tower Defense, Nanaca Crash, Stick RPG, Fishy, that game with the lasers (Reflections? Reflexions? I'll check), not to mention the Flash animations like the Joe Zombie series. There was so much excellent Flash content, and some of the best games are legitimate classics, not just for the memes. Some games like N and Defend The Castle were actually ported to some consoles too, but many games would be lost without such a service. This is such an awesome project, downloading the 14,3GB version as we speak (the one with logos and screenshots).

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Nice! Does someone remember the name of a game that came out around 2010 where you were in the ice age (or somewhere frozen) and had a bat you could customize and you basically had to smack a character as far as you could? I also remember it having a Rock-ish soundtrack.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Oh, man. For a time I was addicted to those escape the room games. Gonna check this out, thanks, op.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Does someone remember the name of a game that came out around 2010 where you were in the ice age (or somewhere frozen) and had a bat you could customize and you basically had to smack a character as far as you could? I also remember it having a Rock-ish soundtrack.

Yeti Sports? Albeit I don't recall custom bats.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
I'm not interested if Meet n' Fuck Kingdom isn't there.

EDIT: Thank God this is saved.
RuDqWJa.jpg

Last edited:

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I'm not interested if Meet n' Fuck Kingdom isn't there.
It is there, along with possibly every other crazy bad but nostalgic adult flash game. Anyone know the name of a band-making game where you have four different instruments and make music with them, it was on addictinggames back in '06 I believe but I have no recollection of what it was called.

Capcom had a demo of Ghost Trick through ones browser? Awesome.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
It is there, along with possibly every other crazy bad but nostalgic adult flash game. Anyone know the name of a band-making game where you have four different instruments and make music with them, it was on addictinggames back in '06 I believe but I have no recollection of what it was called.

Evil Dog's Punk-o-Matic 2?

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to think of what I used to play but all I can remember is fling the cow, a bunch of multiplayer games on jippi and a crazy chose your own adventure game that usually ended up with you being eaten by a manticore.

Anyway glad these aren't being lost forever.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me the Japanese version of Winnie the Pooh Home Run Derby is saved

[edit] it is, thank goodness Flash's most important game is preserved
Defeating Christopher Robin is, I believe, the most difficult gaming-related thing I have ever done in my life.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Was a little irked that Wormhole, a game that my friends and I wasted far too much time on in the high school computer lab circa 2001, wasn't on the list, but some quick Googling suggests that it was Java, not Flash. And I found a download for a rebuilt version of the game anyway, so that's neat.

wormhole_gameplay.gif

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I almost never played flash games I'm glad someone is doing this. Preservation is important.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Wow that was a quick find, yeah this was it, I spent so many hours making the perfect song in this game. Ahhhh the memories.

I played 1 and 2 a lot, both are almost burned in my mind. 🙃

Also the first one came with an Easter egg in form of a short animation with the Prinnys from Disgaea talking to the Postal dude from... Postal 2.

I have this one on my cellphone.

I have so many wonderful memories playing flash games. The last one was probably a game based on Portal, and it was very good.

I had it on my iPhone 4s back then but it was deprecated when I updated for not being compiled for 64bits.

Still have it on my old iPad mini with other couple of "abandoned" 32bits games.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I played 1 and 2 a lot, both are almost burned in my mind. 🙃

Also the first one came with an Easter egg in form of a short animation with the Prinnys from Disgaea talking to the Postal dude from... Postal 2.

I had it on my iPhone 4s back then but it was deprecated when I updated for not being compiled for 64bits.

Still have it on my old iPad mini with other couple of "abandoned" 32bits games.
Funny thing about Nanaca Crash is that I read someone recommending it here on Era long ago.

I don't know if it is based on an anime or manga, it probably is. You can play it almost forever without ending if you want, my longest was more than 10 minutes

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember if it was a Flash game but I wonder if Mission in Snowdriftland is in there. Nintendo was involved in it in some capacity, perhaps as a publisher or something.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I'm try to access the site to look at it and I'm being requested to log in or it falls to load.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Amazing news. Seems that they planned this well too, and it's great it's gonna expand.

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Is Wicky Woo on here?

Does anyone have the full download version of Wicky Woo???

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
Bless, there's a big chunk of our Megadev games in there. I can't find a few of them - Block Squad, Big-Time Butter Baron and My Word! - but I didn't do a full search for them, will do later.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
There's also old Shockwave games on there, which is super cool. If you get the 300MB version, be sure to install the Upgrades in order for those games to appear in the list.

Spybot: The Nightfall Incident is a turn-based strategy game with a bunch of unique mechanics that I haven't seen in any other game since. I'm glad it's been preserved.

spybotd1kby.png
Holy shit I was literally just lamenting the fact that I'd probably never be able to play this again at some point like a week ago. This game is so good

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Whoever's responsible for this preservation work is the best. Please archive the Artix games.

https://www.artix.com/games/

These are the guys responsible for Adventure Quest, Dragon Fable and Mech Quest. Those games were my childhood.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, The Mystery of Time & Space has been preserved, that's really the only Flash game I remember playing back in the day. Sugar Rush Speedway (the Wreck It Ralph tie-in) seems to be on the list as well which is great, I tried finding that a few months ago but Unity Webplayer doesn't work any more and the Android app had been long removed.

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
Fat Cat is honestly the best flash game I've ever played. The person/s behind it arr super talented.

It ticks the 3 pillars of what makes a game great:

Gameplay
Artstyle
Music.

Seriously go play it (best two players on the same keyboard. Seriously!)

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
According to the master list, there's both Off-Road Velociraptor Safari (which is a Unity game not Shockwave) and Rainbow Breakout.

Oh, interesting! I see it on the list but can't find it using the Infinity launcher. Edit: I see, I need to download the Other Technologies pack. It looks like that isn't available right now.

I don't think I would ever have been nostalgic over Flash games.

Last edited: