• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised, the game was down constantly because the server was being overloaded. It's so much fun though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck. If even a minuscule percentage of those buy the 'unlock every cosmetic in the game' DLC that they released when the game was done then this was seriously good for EA.

Deleted member 86306

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
lol I got it although I'm not planning to ever play it.
If something is free, I'll take it. That simple.

Epic Store is cool though.
Some great deals. And I'm not even talking about the free games.

Last edited:

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Great title after they gutted the MTX and added a LOT of content.

Epic store once again proving that it's the best deal in all of gaming.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
It's tragic they killed this game when they did, people are still hungry for a live Star Wars game. Cant believe we never got Ahsoka/Siege of Mandalore or Mandalorian S1/S2 content.

Hopefully we get a third game building off of 2 shortly after the next Battlefield

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
i hate that they're not updating the game anymore, i would love some more maps or variations to the ewok hunt mode. it's secretly the best mode in the game

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Is it cross play with Steam version? I redeemed but unsure if I need to redownload to play with an active community? (Tried on Steam over holidays and it was impossible to get matches)

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Wow. That's a lot.

EGS must be retaining users pretty well with all the games they are giving away.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Oh. When they said Battlefront 2, I thought they were talking about the 2005 game for some reason. I forgot about the new ones.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a massive number and the game is good. Hope everyone is having fun!

EDIT: And it might get more players when EA Play comes to PC Game Pass.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
lol I got it although I'm not planning to ever play it.
If something is free, I'll take it. That simple.

Epic Store is cool though.
Some great deals. And I'm not even talking about the free games.

Screenshot-20210125-165759-Reddit.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
It's tragic they killed this game when they did, people are still hungry for a live Star Wars game. Cant believe we never got Ahsoka/Siege of Mandalore or Mandalorian S1/S2 content.

Hopefully we get a third game building off of 2 shortly after the next Battlefield

They didn't "kill" the game. It was just unpopular.

Not being on Steam are probably the biggest drawback of most EA games. Being part of the €20/year sub or €5 Origin key wasn't enough to draw-in the community.

Being Free on EGS, or being for-sale on Steam revived the community.

I have dozens of free game sitting in various store accounts, uninstalled, and unplayed. I'm not alone.

Anyway, the industry is broken.

Is this the variant of that meme where uncles are boosting Steam's popularity by not realizing it is running in the background?

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I loaded it up during the weekend and really enjoyed it always good to jump into the game where the matchmaking hasn't targeted me yet. Not even sure this game has SBMM or not.

Oct 27, 2017
Does it have cross-play? If so, that would be great for the online population.

It has 5-8k online players on Steam alone. Plus all the owners on Origin and all the EGS newcomers.
The combined Mandalorian Hype + Steam launch + EGS promotion means that it will not suffer any community bodycount problems for some time.
It might be the Xbox community that needs cross-play, although it is free on GP so at this point, the game is just popping off.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I tried it and thought it felt really bad to play. The whole big battlefield and just getting randomly killed/respawn also feels so old.

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
Funny enough this whole Bf2 wave made my friends buy the game on ps4, since their PC couldn't run the game
Cool exposure for the game xD

Oct 27, 2017
Is the AI in campaign broken on the PC version?

I recently played the Xbox version and discovered that at some point a patch broke the single player mode and there doesn't seem to be any effort to fix it.

Dablado

Jan 1, 2019

Hehe, brilliant. I never add the games on ps+ to my library if I dont know beforehand that I intend to play them. I wish you could delete fames from your library too (maybe you can?). Free games that I dont intend to play are negative value to me, but sometimes my stupid brain feels forced to bite anyway.

BF2 was a fun game though. Perfect length of the campaign mode, maybe a tad bit too long.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
This game is amazing - I played hundreds of hours of it on Xbox One, and would likely play it again on PC if the progression system was not still fairly difficult/grindy (also I am terrible at M/KB). It remains my favorite MP game of the last several years. It is just really, really good.