• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It was estimated that the credits for Sun/Moon listed over 500 people. There was a lot of discussions about the staff allocated by TPC to work on those games so this should clear up a bit the facts.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's amazing that people still think Little Town Hero is stealing staff from SS
(Also holy fuck that's a lot)

Deleted member 5129

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a mess. With that many people you should not have to cut Pokemon. Bigger games have been made with FAR FAR less people.

Edit: The Witcher 3 was developed by 250 people and they can't manage to make a proper game with 1000? :lol:

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
It's great that Pokemon is getting the staff it needs. Hopefully the next game actually looks good tho.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
What a mess. With that many people you should not have to cut Pokemon. Bigger games have been made with FAR FAR less people.
Cutting Pokémon is not about the staff size, is about focusing on other aspects of the game and about Pokémon HOME.

I think it will make more sense next year. But (in my opinion) the real reason is they want to get rid of the concept of generations.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Throwing more people at a game does not magically increase the amount of content. Priorities have been made elsewhere for SwSh, and the jump to HD required that big of a number.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I'm not trying to make a drive by post lazily criticizing GF's work I'm just genuinely curious why a game with this much staff, budget, and increase hardware spec looks like a minor step up from their 3DS output? Were they caught off guard by the Switch's specs? Is this going to be a case where they get Sword and Shield out and the third game or next set of games is where we see big improvements?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for not being impressed by the same graphics with semi upscaled assets. Oh, and PS1 trees.

Many apologies.
pjsppKx.jpg

lol sure

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Sorry for not being impressed by the same graphics with semi upscaled assets. Oh, and PS1 trees.

Many apologies.

Honestly, if this is all you are going to say when coming to the pokémon threads, you might as well go somewhere else. You won't find anything you like in here it seems.

I guess some of you just want to make a fit for the sake of it.

Last edited:

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017

Many apologies.
can you do something other than regurgitate shit you saw online

oh wait you haven't played it so you don't actually know what the game's like & are purely judging it on how it looks in videos

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
can you do something other than regurgitate shit you saw online

oh wait you haven't played it so you don't actually know what the game's like & are purely judging it on how it looks in videos
Its a Pokemon game. Their vision hasn't changed. They still develop games like its the Gameboy era.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Its a Pokemon game. Their vision hasn't changed. They still develop games like its the Gameboy era.

Don't you have anything productive to do today??? Like reading a book, walking your dog, cleaning your house, doing homework???

Anything would be more productive than shitposting about a game you clearly don't like and won't ever like.

Get a life.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I mean....yes?

that sounds right, yes. If sun/moon was 500

the question is how effectively, etc

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not trying to make a drive by post lazily criticizing GF's work I'm just genuinely curious why a game with this much staff, budget, and increase hardware spec looks like a minor step up from their 3DS output? Were they caught off guard by the Switch's specs? Is this going to be a case where they get Sword and Shield out and the third game or next set of games is where we see big improvements?
Visually the game looks pretty decent (people nitpicking a demo that's probably a year old at this point aside) and it definitely sounds like it's gonna be the biggest game in the franchise since Gold/Silver, with 16 gyms, open-world elements, and what sounds like might actually be a relatively meaty post-game.

I do gotta wonder If it really would've been that rough to add every Pokémon when so much muscle is being thrown behind this thing. I suspect there's a lot of studio cluster-fuckery going on that we will probably never find out about.

Its the best pokemon ever looked and it sure is the most ambitious its ever been, but for the better or worst, its looking very much like Ni No Kuni... a game released 8 years ago
On hardware that is about on par with the hardware Ni No Kuni was released on 8 years ago.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Im ready to give them the benefit of the doubt until i play the real game (in terms of how ambitious and large the game is) ... but I still havent seen anything that justified them cutting pokemon from the game.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017

Edit: The Witcher 3 was developed by 250 people and they can't manage to make a proper game with 1000? :lol:

I don't know how long the production cycle on their games is, but they release a new game every year. If they had another year to work on it, it would probably look a lot better.